Main Menu

Smoking

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

Quote from: Tara on May 02, 2006, 09:45:38 AM
Quote from: Helen on May 02, 2006, 09:35:00 AM
Quote from: Tara on May 02, 2006, 09:08:47 AM
It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.  All it is, is a habit.  I have turned to a gum smacking fool now... 8)

Yes but that doesn't make ya all stinky.   O0 Do you still "crave" a cigarette every now and then?

No I don't crave it...I just out of habit reach for them like when I get in the car...Or I am on the phone outside.

All stinky?  I smell good everyday..wanna smell?

Ya nut....I meant stinky from the cigarette smoke!!  :))

When a friend of mine quit smoking.....he would have a pack with him at all times, would hold it and would even put it in the ashtray....but never lit it. He'd even ash it. It was totally hysterical but it worked for him.

Homer

You would be surprised how "stinky" cigarrette smoke is. When I stopped the first thing I noticed after a while is how bad they actually make your house smell. It is pretty nasty. You really don't notice it if you are a smoker but trust me stop smoking and you'll know what I mean.

Good luck to all of you who are trying to stop. Fortunately I was able to stop very easy. One day I just crumpled the pack into a ball and threw them out. I've been smoke free approximately 5 years not real sure how long it has been but it has been quite a while for me.

You really have to want to quit to be successful. Do not give in to temptation and stay strong. You can do it!  O0

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Tara

I will tell you whats nasty...In November I got new carpet and the inside of my house painted. I moved everything I owned to my garage. I started smoking outside . My carpet didn't get here when it was suppose to and I ended up living out of the garage waiting for the carpet to come for 3 weeks.  I had clean clothes in Tote-boxes.  When I moved them back in my house OMG at the smoke smell.  And I was smoking then.  It was nasty to know that my clean clothes and my daughters clothes smelled like that.  I still have things out there and when I open up like our summer clothes a few weeks ago...I had to wash every single thing.

Tara

Quote from: Homer on May 02, 2006, 09:52:26 AM
You would be surprised how "stinky" cigarrette smoke is. When I stopped the first thing I noticed after a while is how bad they actually make your house smell. It is pretty nasty. You really don't notice it if you are a smoker but trust me stop smoking and you'll know what I mean.

Good luck to all of you who are trying to stop. Fortunately I was able to stop very easy. One day I just crumpled the pack into a ball and threw them out. I've been smoke free approximately 5 years not real sure how long it has been but it has been quite a while for me.

You really have to want to quit to be successful. Do not give in to temptation and stay strong. You can do it!  O0

I just got up and one day and said I'm quitting.  I had 3 packs of cigarettes plus the one pack I was smoking. I just didn't smoke. I didn't wait till they were gone or anything. I just cold turkey quit.

Homer

Quote from: Tara on May 02, 2006, 09:56:21 AM
I just got up and one day and said I'm quitting.  I had 3 packs of cigarettes plus the one pack I was smoking. I just didn't smoke. I didn't wait till they were gone or anything. I just cold turkey quit.

Well keep up the good work. Don't cheat either or I'll put you on time out again. :P :))

stewieG

wtg no way in well you know i could do that

Helen

Quote from: Homer on May 02, 2006, 10:00:53 AM

Well keep up the good work. Don't cheat either or I'll put you on time out again. :P :))

I'm sure she won't cheat.....the threat of time out will keep her clean!!!  O0

Mary

wtg tara great job  O0 i`ve been a smoker for over 30 years have quit several times gonna try and quit again when i get a new house don`t want that smell any more yeck  :x so again great job  O0

Tara

Quote from: mama on May 02, 2006, 10:11:24 AM
wtg tara great job  O0 i`ve been a smoker for over 30 years have quit several times gonna try and quit again when i get a new house don`t want that smell any more yeck  :x so again great job  O0

Good luck on quitting Mama  O0

Tara

Quote from: Homer on May 02, 2006, 10:00:53 AM

I  <3  your time-outs... Thank gawd your still a kid, you have no clue what a real time-out is

holly222

Ok, me and my sis are going to try again to stop smoking...... Were gonna do it on mothers day..Last time I lasted six weeks, then a family accident upset me and drove me to smoke..BAD me.... let the count down begin...

Homer

Quote from: holly222 on May 04, 2006, 05:57:59 PM
Ok, me and my sis are going to try again to stop smoking...... Were gonna do it on mothers day..Last time I lasted six weeks, then a family accident upset me and drove me to smoke..BAD me.... let the count down begin...

You can do it! O0

Helen

Quote from: holly222 on May 04, 2006, 05:57:59 PM

Good luck Holly. Be strong and don't give in.  :D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview