Sweet Tooth Town : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Poppit! Bingo : Daub 1500 numbers this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Garden HD : Remove 2200 tiles this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Shuffle Bump - General Info & Ranks

Started by hades,

Previous topic - Next topic

hades

heres a few rules and stuff about gameplay i found and thought id share  :)

Scoring and Ranks

Earning Points
For the purposes of determining ranks and tokens, the game looks at the number of points you've earned during a game. It seems pretty straightforward, and it is. But note that if you join a game midway through the match, you only get points for the rounds you participated in. For example, if you join a game and take the place of a computer player that's already racked up 80 points and then finish the game with 100 points, you only get credit for those 20 points you earned yourself. (We don't want people jumping into games near the end and stealing the credit for all the hard work a computer player did.)

Tokens
The tokens you earn in a game are equal to the number of points you earned in the match, multiplied by three. (So if you finish a game with 80 points, you get 240 tokens.) In addition, any tokens you earned during the bonus round are also yours to keep.

Rank Points
Your progress towards the next rank is simply equal to the number of points you got during a match. If you won a match with 105 points, you get 105 points towards your next rank. It's that simple. (Note that tokens you earn during the bonus round do not give you credit towards your next rank - those are just tokens.)

The first rank you earn in the game is the Hockey Punk rank. From there, you'll get the Nerd Puck, the Ugly Puckling, the Ladybug Puck, the Caveman Puck, and so on and so forth. There are 50 ranks in all, and you get badges awarded to you at ranks 5, 15, 25, 40, and 50.

Ratings
In Shuffle Bump, rating points can be estimated by subtracting the loser's rating from the winner's rating and referring to the chart below.

Note: Rated games where the difference between opponents' ratings is greater than 600 will not affect the players ratings. This is to prevent more experienced player from taking advantage of new players.

Game Options

If you are the first player to sit down at a table in the Table Selector screen, you can customize your game in several ways. If you want, you can have your preferences saved for future games. If you use the Play Now button or join a table that someone else has set up, you'll have to accept whatever options are set for the table. Each gameplay option is listed below, followed by its default setting.

Points to Win a Match [100]: If you decide you want to play a longer game than the default 100 points, you can select that here.

Turn Timer [:20]: This determines the amount of time you and your opponent have to make a shot in the game. Keep it short for quick games, and longer if you want to have a more contemplative game.

Playing Field Wackiness [Typically Wacky]: This determines how crazy a playing field gets. A playing field with little or no wackiness won't have much in the way of Turntables, Randomizer Squares, Trap Doors, Glue, etc. A playing field with lots of wackiness will be full of that stuff. Try a few different wackiness levels and decide what you like best. (Most of us at Pogo prefer the Typically Wacky setting.)

Computer Player Aggressiveness [Balanced]: A "Passive" computer player will just try to score points with his own pucks. An "Aggressive" computer opponent will concentrate on knocking your pucks out of high-scoring areas. A "Balanced" computer opponent (or maybe we should call it "Passive-Aggressive") will do a little of both.

pogohatesme

Brandon493

slidecage2222

hope it comes out tomorrow...  be interesting to see how  fast you can move up the ranks

jakethesnake

Thanks very much for the info!  Nothing like a little monday night info to get my hopes way up for Tuesday morning!  lol

hades

slidecage2222

hope the game is easy to play... the rules make it sound like it might be confusing   

eyesofthewizard

o boy o boy cant wait for the fun think i need more headache meds lol
javascript:void(0);
javascript:void(0);

Ethan_Hawley

After watching all the curling from the Winter Olympics...I think I'm ready for some Shufflebump..    spb.gif

nightperson

im ready for it to come if tomorrow brings it out well be having fun if not well back to the old one but i do hope it comes out gl all if it does and i do like the part bout ppl joining and not getting the whole credit but me i always do my games private unless playing a game with a friend

zzigzzag

badgemad

Shady Lady

Thanks for the info. I hope they get the auto for this one quick.

Spawn O Satan

it sounds like curling for crackheads, what with all the wacky squares and all

ClingFree

Clovergirl

pogohatesme

New games come out on Tuesday....we got spades with badges and ranks yesterday so I'm guessing you won't see shuffle bump until next week at the earliest

Clovergirl

Hehe, thats why I bet one token! thanks for the info ..  spg.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview