PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 10:26:59 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Ms. Nettiquette

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

This is the last paragraph in answer from Ms Netiguette  I found it interesting

I do want to clarify one statement you made. You said: "If Pogo allows you to do it, it cannot be cheating." This is not always true. There are going to be situations where the game will allow you to do something that you shouldn't. For instance, in many table games Pogo allows you to set up games with no timers. Unfortunately, some poor sports who are losing simply stop playing when it is their turn. This forces their opponent to either "out-wait" them, or to quit the game and take the loss. This is not something Pogo expects or encourages people to do, but it is possible to do it, yet it is still cheating.

Tara

Quote from: spiritwarrior1953 on April 17, 2006, 04:50:27 AM

I do want to clarify one statement you made. You said: "If Pogo allows you to do it, it cannot be cheating." This is not always true. There are going to be situations where the game will allow you to do something that you shouldn't. For instance, in many table games Pogo allows you to set up games with no timers. Unfortunately, some poor sports who are losing simply stop playing when it is their turn. This forces their opponent to either "out-wait" them, or to quit the game and take the loss. This is not something Pogo expects or encourages people to do, but it is possible to do it, yet it is still cheating.

I have to stand up and raise my hand and say guilty >:D

harley89

Just sounds like to me that some glitches are intentional just so they can say you cheated and not give you the  jackpot  :o

Tara

Quote from: spiritwarrior1953 on April 17, 2006, 05:06:11 AM
Just sounds like to me that some glitches are intentional just so they can say you cheated and not give you the  jackpot  :o

Yea if they were so worried about that, they would take the timers out of the options. Its not a big deal to me. I wouldn't try to claim a prize anyways. I just want my badges and my mini mall clothes and I'm a happy camper  :D

hades

ive played against people who stopped playing in pinochle.a couple even locked the room if their partner left so nobody else could join...but i outwaited them all...after awhile they all just left  :D ;)

nightperson

Quote from: Tara on April 17, 2006, 05:15:54 AM

Yea if they were so worried about that, they would take the timers out of the options. Its not a big deal to me. I wouldn't try to claim a prize anyways. I just want my badges and my mini mall clothes and I'm a happy camper  :D

same here want the badges  :))

greenflash

Quote from: Tara on April 17, 2006, 04:56:40 AM

So, are you saying that you do that? Wait until a big pot is there, and sit and wait everyone out? I cannot believe you admitted that on here. That is the same as using an auto against an opponent in Qwerty. No... It is worse. At least in Qwerty they can get out fast. Unbelievable!  >:(

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: greenflash on April 17, 2006, 09:47:53 AM

So, are you saying that you do that? Wait until a big pot is there, and sit and wait everyone out? I cannot believe you admitted that on here. That is the same as using an auto against an opponent in Qwerty. No... It is worse. At least in Qwerty they can get out fast. Unbelievable!  >:(

I don't think she said she waits until a big pot is there, sit and wait everyone out because the post she replied to did not mention "Texas Hold 'Em" by name at all. However, it has always been (and should always be) the case of you should check the SETTINGS before sitting down @ any non-single player game. One thing that makes me mad is when people sit and they don't like the settings of the table and ask to restart... why don't people check settings before sitting? If you see a game doesn't have a timer, don't sit. If you see a game is rated and you didn't want to play a rated game, don't sit. The option to view the settings is and always will be there. If you don't take the time to view, then it's partially your fault!

And before you say it's my fault for making the settings like that, I play with a timer in games, I don't wait anything out and I don't complain about settings because I'm smart enough to check BEFORE I sit!

Blu

That's too logical hippo.
I used qwerty auto vs. ppl...not my fault they don't have it. didnt know there was auto etiquette

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: BluRaven on April 17, 2006, 10:01:40 AM
I used qwerty auto vs. ppl...not my fault they don't have it. didnt know there was auto etiquette

Yes, guess it's my fault for expecting people to check settings before trying to play a game. Anytime I'm in a game of Checkers, someone tries to sit and when I don't let them, they ask why. I say "Do you really want to play an unrated game" and they say "oh, sorry I didn't see it wasn't rated". It's real simple to check if it's rated or not but people look at the rating you have before looking at the settings. If people just took the time, a lot of table problems could be avoided!

ClingFree

Quote from: BluRaven on April 17, 2006, 10:01:40 AM

Maybe we should write Ms Netiquette and ask her about Auto etiquette?   After you of course  >:D

greenflash

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 17, 2006, 09:55:54 AM
Quote from: greenflash on April 17, 2006, 09:47:53 AM

I don't think she said she waits until a big pot is there, sit and wait everyone out because the post she replied to did not mention "Texas Hold 'Em" by name at all. However, it has always been (and should always be) the case of you should check the SETTINGS before sitting down @ any non-single player game. One thing that makes me mad is when people sit and they don't like the settings of the table and ask to restart... why don't people check settings before sitting? If you see a game doesn't have a timer, don't sit. If you see a game is rated and you didn't want to play a rated game, don't sit. The option to view the settings is and always will be there. If you don't take the time to view, then it's partially your fault!

And before you say it's my fault for making the settings like that, I don't play with a timer in games, I don't wait anything out and I don't complain about settings because I'm smart enough to check BEFORE I sit!

You are correct. I just assumed because that is where it is bring done a lot and logically that is the only one that would make any sense because of the huge pots in there. Why would anyone wait hours to win a game of hearts, spades, gin, etc. There is no auto etiquette but I have seen people many times on this forum say it is just wrong to use auto against other players. I did it in Qwerty once too. Some girl let her friends watch and help her. I said that wasn't right. Stop it. She kept on, I turned the auto on. She lost big time and left. :oo

greenflash

Oh and by the way, I also check the settings, BUT there are a lot of people that don't play on Pogo a lot, or new members that are not savvy that get trapped by these people. I still think it's not right. especially in Super Rollers. This is a new hobby for token thieves in there and they do get the 72 hours suspension for it. :oo

SaintHiρρo

Once again I had to go back and edit my post because I type quicker than I think (a majority of us make that mistake)... I meant to say I DO play games with a timer. I don't play games without timers.

And in terms of waiting hours, well the wait in those other games is only 10 mins before Pogo kicks you out in games without timers. Also, most people don't want to lose their ratings (like Pinchole, sp?) so they just walk away from their computer or do other tasks instead of finishing their game. I even heard of stories where they have the option to view other people hands and then ask a friend to view his/her opponent's cards and just say what's in that player's hand. This is another reason why I make sure my checkbox for "allow watchers to view hands" or whatever it says is UNCHECKED! My settings are always saved so I know if I start a table, it's set so I can't be cheated against (unless they have an auto). And if I sit @ a table, I have to make sure the settings are not set so I'll get screwed out of a win! Just my personal experience!

Tara

I was talking about timer games...I don't play with humans...I don't like them  ::)

foxx

Quote from: Tara on April 17, 2006, 11:55:14 AM
I was talking about timer games...I don't play with humans...I don't like them  ::)

lmao...

Kelly

ditto

Jonathan

well in my opinion people should just play fair when they are not using the autos.

I was playing in jungle gin one time and this man set the timer uberly low, and was catching people to get their ratings..

Another time I was playing in qwerty and this man was trying to sex people up so that they be offended and leave and give him their rating points...

: End rant  ;D

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jrlt on April 17, 2006, 01:51:48 PM
well in my opinion people should just play fair when they are not using the autos.

I was playing in jungle gin one time and this man set the timer uberly low, and was catching people to get their ratings..

Another time I was playing in qwerty and this man was trying to sex people up so that they be offended and leave and give him their rating points...

: End rant  ;D

I play my games @ a timer of :30 seconds because it moves the game along quicker. This is nothing to catch people off guard but I don't like to take 1 minute to make a move they knew they were going to make 45 seconds earlier. I also give people 1 extension, which sets the next timer to 1 min. If I don't hear from them why they needed the extension, I don't give them another one and I end the game if their time runs out again. I don't consider that against the rules because they had a chance.

And in the sense of QWERTY, I would have just turned the chat off and left it at that.

Tara

See thats why playing with yourself is better...You don't have to wait for your partner..or even listen to them...just play and get it over with...And if a game has a timer and it takes real people or whatever I am going to use the timer to time out and get my badge and go on about my buisness ... 8)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview