PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:40:38 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Grammar

Started by tponka,

Previous topic - Next topic

tponka

No, hippo, not easily offended.  Just trying to add a teeny bit of humor so youz guyz didn't think I was all serious and stuffy.   ;D
u down wit dat?  peace.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: tponka on April 17, 2006, 10:22:27 AM
No, hippo, not easily offended.  Just trying to add a teeny bit of humor so youz guyz didn't think I was all serious and stuffy.   ;D
u down wit dat?  peace.

Oh, just making sure since it appears some people get offended by a joke that wasn't meant to cause any harm. Sometimes it feels like this place is becoming more and more like Pogo and you can't say anything except "hi" and if some non-English speaking person comes into a room, they might report you because you didn't greet them in their natural language!

foxx

LastCall

ep um no et no correction Ep
 can you please tell me the difference between chowdar and chowder ?
         I stand to be corrected   ;)

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: LastCall on April 17, 2006, 10:33:36 AM
         I stand to be corrected   ;)

If I'm not mistaken, Chowder is like a broth while Chowdar isn't a word.  O0

LastCall

I went to Boston they say chowdar  << Ny york is correct it is Chowder  ;D

foxx

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 17, 2006, 10:35:31 AM
          I stand to be corrected   ;)

:))

I just peed.  On my leather chair. At work....

Helen

Quote from: foxx on April 17, 2006, 07:44:58 AM
...and I thought I was the only one who was driven crazy by bad grammar! 

:-*

No Foxx, you're not the only one...

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: LastCall on April 17, 2006, 10:37:08 AM

Ohhhhhhh, ok. I see where you're coming from now. It's the whole accent thing. I'll never figure out why one word in the East is a different word in the West. I just smile and pretend I know what they mean, then I'll ask someone else later if we agree with what we just heard.

Tara

Quote from: foxx on April 17, 2006, 10:37:35 AM

And this is the funniest thing I have seen today  :)) :))

ClingFree

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 17, 2006, 10:39:08 AM

Ohhhhhhh, ok. I see where you're coming from now. It's the whole accent thing. I'll never figure out why one word in the East is a different word in the West. I just smile and pretend I know what they mean, then I'll ask someone else later if we agree with what we just heard.

Since we're in grammar .. and accents

Who says Pop? Who says Soda?

I say soda, but I'm the only one in my area (which is 22-24 hours from bubble) - My kids say soda (because they are mini-me's) and say people at school look at em like theyre nuts (Oh wait that might be cuz they are mini me's)

ClingFree

Quote from: foxx on April 17, 2006, 10:37:35 AM
Quote from: SaintHippo on April 17, 2006, 10:35:31 AM
          I stand to be corrected   ;)

Im dying. I watersnotted all over my desk, Tyvm!    :))

Helen

Quote from: ClingFree on April 17, 2006, 10:40:40 AM

I say soda, but I'm the only one in my area (which is 22-24 hours from bubble) - My kids say soda (because they are mini-me's) and say people at school look at em like theyre nuts (Oh wait that might be cuz they are mini me's)

I say "pop" but I think I'm in the minority on this one.

LastCall

Tara

Hold up because we just say Coke  >:D  Why do people in Ohio say hamburg? Instead of hamburgers?  I hate that ( hamburg word)  :x  
And how come you guys are having grammer lessons?  Who cares ?  Theres only 2 peoples STUFF I can't  understand around here so its not a biggie to me  :))

Tara

Quote from: LastCall on April 17, 2006, 10:44:51 AM
pop to me is pop music  ;D

I thought pop to you was your grandpappy !!   :))

SaintHiρρo

I say soda, my GF sometimes says pop, my mum says pop, her sister says pop, my dad says soda... we're from all over so it just depends on how you were brough up. Kinda like a test I took during my 1st day in Junior High. Our teacher gave everyone a test and on the test, you had to choose which of the following words you would use for different situations. The next day, our teacher gave us the results and without even asking anyone where they were from, was able to pin point which part of the US we were from. I thought that was cool and part of the reason he remains one of my fav teacher ever.

ClingFree

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 17, 2006, 10:47:09 AM

I say soda, my GF sometimes says pop, my mum says pop, her sister says pop, my dad says soda... we're from all over so it just depends on how you were brough up. Kinda like a test I took during my 1st day in Junior High. Our teacher gave everyone a test and on the test, you had to choose which of the following words you would use for different situations. The next day, our teacher gave us the results and without even asking anyone where they were from, was able to pin point which part of the US we were from. I thought that was cool and part of the reason he remains one of my fav teacher ever.

Okay curiosity .. was mum a typo or do you call her mum?

Helen

Quote from: Tara on April 17, 2006, 10:47:03 AM
Quote from: LastCall on April 17, 2006, 10:44:51 AM
pop to me is pop music  ;D

I thought pop to you was your grandpappy !!   :))

Could be that too Tara!!  :))

LastCall

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview