PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:35:58 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Grammar

Started by tponka,

Previous topic - Next topic

Libra

Quote from: Tara on April 17, 2006, 10:40:17 AM
Quote from: foxx on April 17, 2006, 10:37:35 AM

:))

I just peed.  On my leather chair. At work....

And this is the funniest thing I have seen today  :)) :))

I THOUGHT Hippos post about the differences between chowder and chowdar was the funniest thing I'd seen... Until I scrolled down two more posts!

Hell fire lmao!

foxx

Quote from: Helen on April 17, 2006, 11:14:20 AM
Quote from: Tara on April 17, 2006, 11:05:55 AM
Quote from: Helen on April 17, 2006, 11:02:52 AM
Quote from: BluRaven on April 17, 2006, 10:59:19 AM
Soda...
Mom, pop, Oma n Opa (im part german)...

heres one...ya'll or you guyz?

Hmmm, when speaking it's you guys, when typing, it's ya'll. What about those who use "yuns"?

Its not yuns its youngens   and only barefoot hillbillies that have outhouses talk like that...I have indoor plumbing Im not a hillbilly  >:D

I've heard people say "yuns" and I just shake my head.

You must shake your head a lot when you visit Pittsburgh then...and its Yinz, an 'at.

foxx

Quote from: SunnyLibra on April 17, 2006, 11:21:26 AM

And this is the funniest thing I have seen today  :)) :))

I THOUGHT Hippos post about the differences between chowder and chowdar was the funniest thing I'd seen... Until I scrolled down two more posts!

Hell fire lmao!

Glad you enjoyed my pee.  Luckily, since I have a giggling problem, I keep clean clothes in the office.  And baby wipes.  Was that too much information?

(hmmm...gigglepee.  Perhaps I should slap a trademark on that...)

Tara

Quote from: foxx on April 17, 2006, 11:37:05 AM

Hell fire lmao!

Glad you enjoyed my pee.  Luckily, since I have a giggling problem, I keep clean clothes in the office.  And baby wipes.  Was that too much information?

I know you didn't....lmfaooooooooooooo  OMG 

Libra

Quote from: Tara on April 17, 2006, 10:46:14 AM
Quote from: ClingFree on April 17, 2006, 10:40:40 AM

Since we're in grammar .. and accents

Who says Pop? Who says Soda?

I say soda, but I'm the only one in my area (which is 22-24 hours from bubble) - My kids say soda (because they are mini-me's) and say people at school look at em like theyre nuts (Oh wait that might be cuz they are mini me's)

Hold up because we just say Coke  >:D  Why do people in Ohio say hamburg? Instead of hamburgers?  I hate that ( hamburg word)  :x  
And how come you guys are having grammer lessons?  Who cares ?  Theres only 2 peoples STUFF I can't  understand around here so its not a biggie to me  :))

I say Coke, too!  If you order a Coke in the south, the're gonna ask you what kind.  If you want a Coca-Cola, you gotta ask for a Coca-Cola.   >:D

Tara

Quote from: SunnyLibra on April 17, 2006, 11:39:36 AM

I say soda, but I'm the only one in my area (which is 22-24 hours from bubble) - My kids say soda (because they are mini-me's) and say people at school look at em like theyre nuts (Oh wait that might be cuz they are mini me's)

Hold up because we just say Coke  >:D  Why do people in Ohio say hamburg? Instead of hamburgers?  I hate that ( hamburg word)  :x  
And how come you guys are having grammer lessons?  Who cares ?  Theres only 2 peoples STUFF I can't  understand around here so its not a biggie to me  :))

I say Coke, too!  If you order a Coke in the south, the're gonna ask you what kind.  If you want a Coca-Cola, you gotta ask for a Coca-Cola.   >:D

Exactly...and when I am visting up north I say pop

Libra

Quote from: BluRaven on April 17, 2006, 11:18:41 AM
Quote from: SunnyLibra on April 17, 2006, 11:17:44 AM
Quote from: BluRaven on April 17, 2006, 08:29:50 AM
ty for the lesson, teach.
even tho some ppl r retards at english, i choose to be a lazy typer. frankly, i dont care that it looks dumb here or in pogo. really tho, ty bc im sure some members need yer help.

To show that I'm not retarded, I'll translate the above entry.
Thank you, tponka, for educating us on homonyms. Even though some people are not well versed in English grammar, I am very well educated. I choose to display lazy typing skills through incorrectly abbreviated words and blatant misspellings sheerly out of laziness. Quite frankly, I do not care if my intelligence is questioned based upon my typing on forums & in Pogo. Honestly, thank you for this idea because some members definitely need your help.

He's also a smartazz!  >:D

Smarty JEANS tyvm

:o  how could I forget!!  Smarty JEANS!!

Libra

Quote from: Tara on April 17, 2006, 11:38:40 AM

Hell fire lmao!

I know you didn't....lmfaooooooooooooo  OMG 

OMG!!!  GIGGLEPEE!!!! 

Lib (I can't STOP rolloing olver here!!) 

*rolloing?  olver?  it's supposed to be rolling and over, but I couldn't see for crying!

harley89

yuns gon oer an git a co coler . Being from the Deep South(Amercian by birth Southern bythe Grace of God ) I understand all about every drink being called a coke. except sweet tea. We call it sweet tea. Turnip Greens have pot liquer that you always sop up with a hunk of cornbread and cornbread dont have sugar in it.  And white milk is called sweet milk anything else is buttermilk

Tara

When you see Foxx leaving for work everyday thats not her lunch in that box...

You know how you hit preview if you want to see before you post?  Next time look up there mine just said  "Fetching Preview"...I swear it did...lmaoooooooooooo

Libra

Quote from: Tara on April 17, 2006, 12:02:27 PM

You know how you hit preview if you want to see before you post?  Next time look up there mine just said  "Fetching Preview"...I swear it did...lmaoooooooooooo

Fetching preview?  Is that some new cuss word that's been made up in the south since I left? 

OMG.. I'm soooo stupid!!! NEVERMIND  >:D

nightperson

Quote from: Tara on April 17, 2006, 12:02:27 PM

oh my depends on the way :))

nanners

When I use Expedia it also says..Fetching your information..and I'm a YINZ person..and damn proud of it..  ;)

foxx

Quote from: nanners on April 17, 2006, 12:42:17 PM
When I use Expedia it also says..Fetching your information..and I'm a YINZ person..and damn proud of it..  ;)

I was waiting for you to come in here and back up my Yinz n' at!   :-* Nanners!

wattsmyname

I live in Ohio and have never heard anyone say hamburg we say hamburger for 1  hamburgers for more then 1  :)) :))

wattsmyname

nanners

I get a lb of 'hamburg' and eat hamburger/s OH and don't forget 'jumbo'!!

foxx

Quote from: nanners on April 17, 2006, 02:41:38 PM
I get a lb of 'hamburg' and eat hamburger/s OH and don't forget 'jumbo'!!

Muah muah muah!   :-*

Finally, someone I can understand!  And do you put the jumbo on your hoagies with your chipped ham?

nanners

OH boy oh boy..chipped ham . jumbo and a hoagie...mmmmm..

LastCall

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview