PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 04:02:26 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

HOW TO GET FREE POP ACCESS THROUGH YAHOO

Started by Shady Lady,

Previous topic - Next topic

Shady Lady

Note! This works with any POP3 email client like Incredimail and Outlook Express.
HOW TO GET FREE POP ACCESS THROUGH YAHOO
1) Go to www.yahoo.com
2) In the lower right corner click on Yahoo! International
3) On the next screen click on Canada
4) Next click on Sign Up next to Free mail

Note:  You MUST sign up at yahoo Canada, not Yahoo America.  The USA yahoo does not offer free POP access

5) Sign up for the free mail account.  You'll need a Canadian Postal code, here is one M4K 1P6

You now have FREE POP access through yahoo. 
NOTE:  Notice that your new address is not yahoo.com, it's yahoo.ca.

After signing up this will be your POP information:

You can click on the image above to go to yahoo canada free email sign up.
Click <A href="https://img455.imageshack.us/img455/7459/yahoopop3xg.jpg" target=_top>HERE</A> to see the image larger.

If you lose or forget the POP information above:
Go to your new mail account and click on Options
Click on POP Access and Forwarding
On the next screen make sure there is a dot next to POP Access and click submit

SouthPadreIsland

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: SouthPadreIsland on April 19, 2006, 10:25:05 AM
I know that this may sound silly - but what is POP3 email? 

Means you can access your email from a different source. Lets say you have a Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, AOL mail & Google Mail but you don't like jumping all over the place to read your email. You can set up a email programs like Incredimail or MS Outlook to have all your email come to one location if you email provider allows for it. So you can have Outlook running the background on your computer and if one friend sends you an email to PogoCheater4Ever@hotmail.com, it would go to your Outlook and you don't have to do anything. Then someone sends an email to PogoGamesArentChallenging@aol.com, it will go to the same Outlook program. For this to work, you will need to make sure your provider enables free POP3 service. In the past, it was free with Hotmail but I heard they don't allow it anymore.

Get it?

SouthPadreIsland

Thanks Hippo, I get it now.  I just didn't know it was possible.  I have several different email addresses and that would cut down on a lot of hassle.  Thank you again, Hippo - have a great day! O0

Helen

Quote from: SouthPadreIsland on April 19, 2006, 10:34:25 AM
Thanks Hippo, I get it now.  I just didn't know it was possible.  I have several different email addresses and that would cut down on a lot of hassle.  Thank you again, Hippo - have a great day! O0

Sure cuts down on email reading time and leaves more time for other things.  O0

Iceman0007

ty for the info.I just use my PO3 in hotmail to get al my mail as hotmail has it too.

Shady Lady

You're Welcome! I drove myself crazy checking all my e-mails. Got one more to switch and of course it's the one I use for here. LOL

Julie

There's a free program called YPOPS! where you can access your Yahoo mail through email clients like Outlook, Outlook Express etc...I've been using it for a while, works great :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview