PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:39:06 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Funny Pet Stories

Started by tponka,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

I'll watch that show on AP but if it looks like it's not gonna have a happy ending I change the channel.

I always donate to the local Women's Humane Shelter. It's a no kill shelter that took in 4 of the 6 kittens my cat had. Just so you know I took my cat in as a stray but didn't know she was preggers. It was fun for 3 months having 6 bouncing kittens enjoying themselves. Unfortuantely I couldn't keep them all. The shelter I use doesn't kill them unless they are very sick. I always stuff the cash box which they use to help feed and shelter the animals that are brought in.

When I go to Petsmart I have to stay away from the adoption center because I want to take them all home but I know it's not a realistic option. :(

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Helen

Quote from: Homer on April 23, 2006, 01:41:02 PM
I'll watch that show on AP but if it looks like it's not gonna have a happy ending I change the channel.

I always donate to the local Women's Humane Shelter. It's a no kill shelter that took in 4 of the 6 kittens my cat had. Just so you know I took my cat in as a stray but didn't know she was preggers. It was fun for 3 months having 6 bouncing kittens enjoying themselves. Unfortuantely I couldn't keep them all. The shelter I use doesn't kill them unless they are very sick. I always stuff the cash box which they use to help feed and shelter the animals that are brought in.

When I go to Petsmart I have to stay away from the adoption center because I want to take them all home but I know it's not a realistic option. :(

Homer, I so agree with you. I have to stay sooooo far away from that part of the store. I'd be taking them all home. I love my little doggie!!  ;::

Tara

Quote from: Homer on April 23, 2006, 01:41:02 PM

Its no wonder I love you ...your so sweet and kind hearted and your right honey...you have enough kitties to take care of now  :P

tponka

Geez ppl lighten up.. this strand is in the section marked "Homer's Laugh House."  It was meant to be a humorous strand about how we all do silly things with our pets.  No harm was meant here.  Pets do funny things.  We sometimes accidentally initiate these funny things by doing harmless acts like feeding them peanut butter, allowing them to sleep in our beds, and giving them toys, among the zillion other things that cause our pets to make us laugh.  My puppies are my life.. they're my babies, and even though I've only had them a few months, and in those months I've gone through some horribly tragic life events, they have been the light of my life.  I joined this forum after months (or maybe years) of lurking, just because I don't like chatting with the idiots on Pogo.  This place seemed fun.  All I did was try to add a little more fun.

Homer

Homer

Quote from: tponka on April 23, 2006, 02:27:33 PM
Geez ppl lighten up.. this strand is in the section marked "Homer's Laugh House."  It was meant to be a humorous strand about how we all do silly things with our pets.  No harm was meant here.  Pets do funny things.  We sometimes accidentally initiate these funny things by doing harmless acts like feeding them peanut butter, allowing them to sleep in our beds, and giving them toys, among the zillion other things that cause our pets to make us laugh.  My puppies are my life.. they're my babies, and even though I've only had them a few months, and in those months I've gone through some horribly tragic life events, they have been the light of my life.  I joined this forum after months (or maybe years) of lurking, just because I don't like chatting with the idiots on Pogo.  This place seemed fun.  All I did was try to add a little more fun.

I knew you meant no harm but I didn't want to leave the door open for some sicko. :;' I changed the topic now there should be no confusion. O0

hades

Helen

Thanks Homer!! I love funny pet stories!!

My little fella is really my daughter's dog. Even though he's been with me 5 out of his 6 years, he knows who his "mommy" is. When she comes home to visit, we tell him his Mommy is coming home and he starts to run around the house crying. I know people don't believe me but it's true. We have a permanent message from her on the answering machine that we play for him before she gets home. By the time she gets here, he is so excited and yipping and crying. We've made many movies of him cause it's just so darn cute.  ;::

Bree

I have a Sheltie Blue Merle color named Gunner and he is the light of my life.  He talks to me only like a dog could talk, but when you ask him if he wants a treat treat he really tells you yes.  He has even said "I love you" in that dog voice but everyone can here him say it.  My family have picked up strays all the time and do not think I could count how many my parents have now.  My brother adopted 3 dogs and everytime he sees a stray cat or dog he brings it home to his wife.

I know that your pet a part of the family and I treat mine like his a human person.

Helen

Quote from: Bree on April 23, 2006, 03:00:32 PM
I have a Sheltie Blue Merle color named Gunner and he is the light of my life.  He talks to me only like a dog could talk, but when you ask him if he wants a treat treat he really tells you yes.  He has even said "I love you" in that dog voice but everyone can here him say it.  My family have picked up strays all the time and do not think I could count how many my parents have now.  My brother adopted 3 dogs and everytime he sees a stray cat or dog he brings it home to his wife.

I know that your pet a part of the family and I treat mine like his a human person.

You're so right Bree, I think all pet owners treat their pets as part of the family.
When my son got married 3 years ago, he had his "girls" all prettied up with ribbons and collars the same color as the bridesmaids dresses and they were outside the Church waiting for them after the ceremony. They had them in the limo all day with them until it was time for the reception. It really was cute.

Bree

Quote from: Helen on April 23, 2006, 03:04:10 PM
Quote from: Bree on April 23, 2006, 03:00:32 PM

You're so right Bree, I think all pet owners treat their pets as part of the family.
When my son got married 3 years ago, he had his "girls" all prettied up with ribbons and collars the same color as the bridesmaids dresses and they were outside the Church waiting for them after the ceremony. They had them in the limo all day with them until it was time for the reception. It really was cute.

That must of been so cute Helen and I served in a friend of mines wedding and she had her dog as the ring bearer and he did a great job.  And he sat still while the ceremony was going on and never barked at all.  When it was time my friend and her almost husband to exchange rings the dog went right up to the Priest and gave him the rings.  We all had a good laugh after the wedding and her dog was in the wedding pictures too.  It was the cutest thing I have ever seen at a wedding, but it was really so funny that he did not make on mistake.

Helen

Bree, my son and daughter-in-law were going to do the same thing but the bride's Grandma threw a fit so out of respect for her, they didn't do it. The girls were in some of their wedding pictures too!!!

Bree

Quote from: Helen on April 23, 2006, 03:15:15 PM
Bree, my son and daughter-in-law were going to do the same thing but the bride's Grandma threw a fit so out of respect for her, they didn't do it. The girls were in some of their wedding pictures too!!!

Yep I know how some Grandma's can be when it comes to a wedding.  I have only one Grandmother left and she does not like all the things I am picking out for my wedding.  But my parents told me to do whatever I want to do and I am trying not to hurt anyones feelings.  Planing a wedding is not as fun as everyone thinks it is, but I am having a great time picking out all the things for my wedding to Brad (who is the love of my life and more).

Helen

Quote from: Bree on April 23, 2006, 03:22:48 PM

Yep I know how some Grandma's can be when it comes to a wedding.  I have only one Grandmother left and she does not like all the things I am picking out for my wedding.  But my parents told me to do whatever I want to do and I am trying not to hurt anyones feelings.  Planing a wedding is not as fun as everyone thinks it is, but I am having a great time picking out all the things for my wedding to Brad (who is the love of my life and more).

I hear what you're saying about the planning not being as much fun as most think it is. Luckily my daughter-in-laws did everything, all I had to do was write out the check!!! I didn't offer any advice and did what they asked, that way we had no problems and beautiful weddings. Now for my daughter, I told her I'm flying everyone to Vegas and we'll have it there. LOL Good luck with your wedding plans and I'm glad you found Brad and he found you.

Bree

Quote from: Helen on April 23, 2006, 05:58:23 PM
Quote from: Bree on April 23, 2006, 03:22:48 PM

I hear what you're saying about the planning not being as much fun as most think it is. Luckily my daughter-in-laws did everything, all I had to do was write out the check!!! I didn't offer any advice and did what they asked, that way we had no problems and beautiful weddings. Now for my daughter, I told her I'm flying everyone to Vegas and we'll have it there. LOL Good luck with your wedding plans and I'm glad you found Brad and he found you.

Thank you Helen and the wedding plans are going great at this time.  My Mother keeps everyone in line.... :)).  And Brad and I have thought about going to Las Vegas and having Elvis marry us....that hunka hunka burning love guy..... :)), but we said we should stay with the plans that have made already.  And again Thank you....I did find the love of my life as well as he found his.  He is the best person I have ever met, Loved and he is also my bestfriend.  We are partners for life.  :)

nameless cheater

i am a huge animal lover but sad to say my dog passed away a few months ago but i still have a few cats and tehy are great i have one that helps with the dishes and one that flushes the toilet(now if i could just teach him to use it) .all my animals have been strays or abused animals that i take in..couldnt ask for any thing more loyal ..just thought i would add my happy note

Helen

Quote from: nameless cheater on April 23, 2006, 09:40:10 PM
i am a huge animal lover but sad to say my dog passed away a few months ago but i still have a few cats and tehy are great i have one that helps with the dishes and one that flushes the toilet(now if i could just teach him to use it) .all my animals have been strays or abused animals that i take in..couldnt ask for any thing more loyal ..just thought i would add my happy note

Thanks for sharing your story. Sorry to hear about your dog passing away. Each time that's happened to me, I swear, never again and within a few weeks there's always another little one here. All of our dogs have come from the pound. Like you said, they are so loyal!!  ;::

kandykitty20012

I love all my pets i treat them better than my hubby :)))...i could never do anything to hurt my precious pets.....shame on the ones who do :oo

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview