This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Brother needs prayer

Started by Kelly,

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

I am not asking to start a religious debate I am asking any who believe in prayer to pray for my brother...

He is a painter and was on the second floor of a house today spraying a ceiling...there was a hole in the floor that was unmarked and no one told him it was there....as he was watching the ceiling and spraying it he fell thru the hole in the floor down to the floor below....his left leg which was already traumatised years ago and now missing the knee cap took the total impact of the fall breaking the ankle and causing the bone leading from the ankle to the knee to smash into the femur bone leading from the knee to the hip ....this resulted in the femur bone cracking length-wise (up n down NOT across) the break according to the ex-rays is almost half an inch wide and almost all the way up the femur....he was in agony and the paramedics had to give him morphine right there at the scene.....after they took xrays at the hospital the nurses who see a lot of trauma couldn't believe it themselves and ordered him to have the max amount of pain killers aloud....they wanted to fly him another hospital where they are more equip to deal with this sort of break but he freaked at the thought of a copter flight and they took him then by ambulance....hes not in pain but they are getting him ready for surgery first thing in the morning and we are pretty sure according to the doctors they WILL be able to save the leg....but how and if he will walk are another story....they have already told him he will NOT work again......please please I am asking for anyone who prays to say a prayer for my brother.....he and his girlfriend just had a baby boy on Easter Sunday...Ethan is 3 days old and my brother is freaking wondering how hes going to provide for his son....no worries there his girlfriend already called their attorney...I am NOT asking anyone for donations as it is NOT necessary...just prayers please....thanks for your time in reading this post

Helen

I'm so sorry this happened to your brother and seeing that I do believe in prayer, I will add him to my prayer list. Please keep us updated and let us know how the surgery goes.   <3

hades

sorry to hear about that.i hope all works out best as possible  <3

Kelly

Thanks Helen I will....they are going to the site tomorrow morning to take pictures of the hole....I can't believe there was nothing no signs,no tape, no railing to let him know it was there....unforgiveable to say the least....I am trying real hard to stay calm and not get angry but it is hard...I am going down Friday because he will be mostly groogy tomorrow....my work was really great about finding coverage for me....I just pray he can walk on that leg....it was really messed up years ago and badly scarred from another acident where he lost the kneecap totally....I am guessing even if he can walk on it again it will not be without a lot of pain

ZedPaul

i am new to the forum but you can bet your brother and family will have our prayers

Helen

Quote from: KsArt on April 19, 2006, 08:39:03 PM
Thanks Helen I will....they are going to the site tomorrow morning to take pictures of the hole....I can't believe there was nothing no signs,no tape, no railing to let him know it was there....unforgiveable to say the least....I am trying real hard to stay calm and not get angry but it is hard...I am going down Friday because he will be mostly groogy tomorrow....my work was really great about finding coverage for me....I just pray he can walk on that leg....it was really messed up years ago and badly scarred from another acident where he lost the kneecap totally....I am guessing even if he can walk on it again it will not be without a lot of pain

You're welcome. If you need help with challenges or anything else, let me know.

Again, prayers for your brother and all of your family.  <3

Kelly

Thank you so much this forum has the greatest people in it!!

KerSplat

What a great sister you are. Can't give anything better then a prayers and lots of love.  We will be glad to pray for them.

Bree

Kelly,

I am reading this at 12:40am and when I read it my heart went out to you and your brother.  I will keep your brother in my prayers as well as his family.  When I get up in the morning I will start a prayer chain for him at 3 different church's that I have attended.  So there will be thousands of people saying prayers for your brother and his family.

Please let me know if you need anything and I mean anything!!!  Also please let us know how his surgery comes out.  Take care of yourself.  Love you kiddo..... :-*

harley89

lostinpogoland

prayers work miracle's hon, my prayers are with your bother and his family

crankycook

your brother and his family are in my prayers. if you need anything just let me know.

Luna

Im so sorry about your brother KsArt . Letting you know that you and your family are in our prayers. God will watch over you all  <3

nightperson

im sry to here bout our brother my prayers are with you and your family God Bless you all

Kelly

I am sitting here taking a few minutes to read all you guys wonderful comments and it brings tears to my eyes how caring and great you all are.....I know God is at work here and things happen for a reason(this is my belief I understand fully some have other beliefs) ...My brother has been going thru some major life changes lately and I myself prayed last night that he find the message God is sending him thru this situation....I talked to Jim this morning he was a bit groggy and he understands they CAN save his leg but it will be about 3 months til he is walking (as much as he will be able to) again...he will have to live with pain he knows that but he is so thankful hes NOT going to lose the leg....I even got him laughing telling him he will be setting off all the metal detectors from here on out...lol....his girlfriend is ok she had a good cry last night but shes a strong gal and is going to be fine.....shes got ALL the right wheels in motion already....the only thing that I am trying NOT to get mad about is the fact that the company Jim worked for didn't even call her to ask if theres anything she needs...they know she just had the baby Easter Sunday and plus she has a 3 year old too....shes dealing with a lot...so I am praying too for her to have strenght for it all...shes getting help from a lot of great folks....but still the company should of called her ...unbelieveable...ok I have calls to make just wanted to thank you wonderful wonderful folks for the prayers they mean the MOST to us!!!

Jackpotloser

Mary

my prayers are with you and your brother and your familys..

Kelly

Thanks so much...I am getting ready for work soon...need it tonight to get my mind off this....I am also going around the house finding Jim some books to read mostly humorous stuff...good ol calvin n hobbes...lol....hes the type of guy who never sat still so hes gonna need some distractions....I am thinking some puzzle books too ...I visited a few sites when I googled 'broken femur recovery' and found tons of amazing recovery stories so I might print out a few for him to read for support...most of them say the same thing tho....long long time to recover....I don't want to upset him but I guess he has to know this isn't gonna be quick or easy....okies thanks again folks...your the best!

Jonathan

omg im so sorry. It seems like companies would be mor careful and have things like that surrounded by something so that you cant fall in.....my thoughts are with you in your families time of need....

Kelly

OK guys had my shower and just got off phone with Jims girlfriend...seems the head lady of the company called Jim's cell phone this morning and said to him "Where are you?"....he told her i am in the hospital where else would i be after a fall like that....unreal...she said she'd call him later and that was it!!!!!
So anyway a good friend of his went to the job site this morning got tons of pictures and told Jim a bunch of people from the company he works for were there looking all around....ok so they are covering there butts i can understand that but the phone call has me fuming....no are you ok, whats the extent of injury, can we do anything for you....nothing like that....even if they are scarred knowing it was negligence shouldn't they at least have the HEART to ask if hes going to be ok?

get this...his OLD boss and wife were there this morning when his girlfriend got there.....the OLD boss is more concerned about the guy than his current employer....i am taking deep breaths and trying to remain calm....ill know more tomorrow night after we get back...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview