Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Brother needs prayer

Started by Kelly,

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

Quote from: KsArt on April 20, 2006, 09:40:03 AM
OK guys had my shower and just got off phone with Jims girlfriend...seems the head lady of the company called Jim's cell phone this morning and said to him "Where are you?"....he told her i am in the hospital where else would i be after a fall like that....unreal...she said she'd call him later and that was it!!!!!
So anyway a good friend of his went to the job site this morning got tons of pictures and told Jim a bunch of people from the company he works for were there looking all around....ok so they are covering there butts i can understand that but the phone call has me fuming....no are you ok, whats the extent of injury, can we do anything for you....nothing like that....even if they are scarred knowing it was negligence shouldn't they at least have the HEART to ask if hes going to be ok?

get this...his OLD boss and wife were there this morning when his girlfriend got there.....the OLD boss is more concerned about the guy than his current employer....i am taking deep breaths and trying to remain calm....ill know more tomorrow night after we get back...

It's just so wrong that they didn't even ask how he's doing. It's also very nice that his old boss is being supportive.
Prayers to you and your family!!

Kelly

Quote from: BluRaven on April 20, 2006, 10:14:50 AM
Quote from: Bree on April 19, 2006, 10:45:17 PM
Kelly,

I am reading this at 12:40am and when I read it my heart went out to you and your brother.  I will keep your brother in my prayers as well as his family.  When I get up in the morning I will start a prayer chain for him at 3 different church's that I have attended.  So there will be thousands of people saying prayers for your brother and his family.

Please let me know if you need anything and I mean anything!!!  Also please let us know how his surgery comes out.  Take care of yourself.  Love you kiddo..... :-*

First off, sorry for your brother ksart...He'll pull through.
Second, 3 churches bree? lil much

never enough!!

tigereyes

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother Kelly. He will be in my prayers. I hope he'll be ok. Keep us posted. 

Kelly

Jim had his surgery this afternoon.....it took 5 hours...the ankle break was easy to fix the doctors told his girlfriend....the femur however took a lot of work plus the doc asked if Jim ever complains with a lot of pain in his leg before the accident .....and also wanted to know what he did for living...she said no he doesn't complain and he is a painter climbing ladders all day and such....the doctor said he was amazed by this because Jim has severe arthritis in his leg like that of a 90 year old man and ......he said Jim should be in tears from the pain of it everynight....she told the doctor hes the opposite ....never complains and never sits still is always doing some project around the house when not at work....well the doc said it will take a miracle for him to return to his type of work ever again.....also one of the guys Jim works with stopped by the house and said the company is now questioning all the other workers as to Jim's situation wanting to know how he is whats the damage things like that....funny they won't call him or his girlfriend and ask???

anyways I am going down to see him tomorrow night....I hope I can cheer him up....oh also he's not responding well to any of the pain meds now....they are trying a lot of different things and not much is working.....I think they are going to keep him mildly sedated for a bit and then try again ....I feel so bad for him I know he must be in agony...nothing worse than someone you love being in pain and there's nothing you can do to stop it....

thanks again for all the support and prayers

Helen

I know you can't wait to get there and see him. I'm glad the surgery went well. Now he will have a long road of therapy ahead of him and he will still need all of our prayers so I will continue to pray for him. Stay strong!!
Keep us posted if there are any new developments.

I can't wait to hear what his company has to say about all of this. I can't believe that they haven't called him or the g/f.

Mary

will keep you and your family in prayers happy to hear he made it threw the surgery  :(

Kelly

Thanks mama and Helen I will definately let you know more as I find it out...

crankycook

I'm happy to hear the surgery went well, you and your family will stay im my prayers.

Mary

Helen

Quote from: mama on April 20, 2006, 09:34:32 PM
yqw ksart and please let us know  :(

Same here, you're welcome and please keep us updated.  <3

lostinpogoland

glad surgery went well,with all the prayers you know gods with him keep the faith, no such thing as too many prayers my prayers are with him and your family god bless you all

Kelly

Great news Jim called this morning....since the surgery he is not having as much pain...so amen to that...he sounded very alert and in good spirits.....also the doctor told his girlfriend....there must of been a lot of people praying for him cause the surgery went very well...a lot of work but the doctor is confident he will heal well....BUT he doesn't think he will be able to work...not in the construction field anymore....but Jim is no dumbie...he has been tested and is above average intelligence so I think he might be able to do something else....I found him another lawyer who is supposed to be the best in THIS area and hopefully things work out there for him and the family also....of course he is worrying now about how hes gonna pay his bills but Brielle is filling out workmans comp. paperwork already....I know they will be fine....she was laughing with me this morning saying ...hey we have always been poor so we know how to get by....its not like we were millionaires and now all the money is gone....those are the types of people who jump out of windows when things go bad....not us we will make it fine....and I know they will...

My concern right now is for Jim to hear the message GOD is and has been trying to send to him....I fear IF he doesn't things like this will keep happening...so this is what I am going to be talking to him about tonight....see I am the type of person who can see the little subtle signs but Jim needs a brick to drop on him...lol
I am going to call my pastor today and see if we can find some bible verses for Jim to think about...something that pertains to his situation....My hubby got me a new study bible for Easter and I think I am going to put it to some good use today....lol

Thanks everyone again you are just the best!!

Homer

Some posts have been removed from this topic.

The purpose of this post was Kelly asking for our support. We like to think of PC.net as a big family. Like a family sometimes a "family member" leans on us for a little support.

Kelly, I am glad your brother is doing better.  O0

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

nanners

Here's a big (((((HUG))) For you and your brother..I'd give you one in person if I could!! God speed your brothers recovery..

LastCall

Hi Kelley
  I wish your brother a speedy recovery
     And also take care of yourself 

Helen

Kelley, thanks for the constant updates!!  I'm so glad that he's doing well.

I'm still really curious to see how his company handles all this. They better do right by him.

Take care and God bless.  ;)

Homer

Quote from: Helen on April 21, 2006, 04:47:24 PM
Kelley, thanks for the constant updates!!  I'm so glad that he's doing well.

I'm still really curious to see how his company handles all this. They better do right by him.

Take care and God bless.  ;)

I hope they have workman's compensation insurance. ;)

Kelly

Hey everyone we are finally back....Jim is doing just great....he's not in as much pain now but he is still on the morphine.....but at least it is working now.He was out of bed...I couldn't believe that but they had him in a chair washing himself...fantastic....his leg of course is completely wrapped from hip to toes with 2 drain tubes...we took him so much stuff he shouldn't be bored for the next week.....that is how much longer the doctors say he will be there if everything goes ok.....he will have therapy at home they will come to him...that's sooo good.....and yes he has workmans comp. his lawyer is making sure that is in process....so now he's just recovering....he did say every time he goes to sleep he keeps dreaming about the fall....it just keeps replaying over n over....it all happened so fast he said he still had the spray gun in his hand when he landed...we had him laughing with some jokes and he's finally eating...I took him a big bag of candy which he says he won't eat but guarenteed in a week it will be gone...I know my brother...lmbo

weirdiest thing.... me and mom and hubby went down to the cafateria and my pastors wife comes up to me....we are all like what are you doing here...she says the pastor is passing kidney stones....so she and I stick around having a great chat ...and when we walk out and there's pastor being wheeled in for xrays....it was really great ....he's gonna wheel chair himself up to Jims room sometime tomorrow to see him....I was very pleased at how it all worked out....lol

anyway Homer thank you so much and I respect your judgement in what you had to do with the posts....your the best!!

Thanks everyone for all the great support!!

Homer

Your welcome Kelly. I hope his recovery goes well. ;)

tigereyes

I'm glad to hear that he's doing good and that the surgery went well. I hope he continues to improve. I will keep praying for him and his family. Thanks for keeping us posted on how he's doing.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview