PlayBuddy
October 02, 2024, 04:17:23 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

How would you like $100 from the government?

Started by SaintHiρρo,

Previous topic - Next topic

foxx

What an effing joke.  $100 bucks will buy me two tanks of gas.  Idiots. 

How's about Exxon doesn't make 99cents a gallon profit?  That sounds like a better plan.  Stupid selfish greedy republican effers.

Helen

harley89

:)) I also find that rather dumb. $100 is very little compared to what people are paying every day. I say make the oil companies slash the price by half. With the profits they have been posting quarterly it wont hurt them. But some CEO might not get his golden parachute

Helen

Quote from: spiritwarrior1953 on April 27, 2006, 02:08:23 PM
:)) I also find that rather dumb. $100 is very little compared to what people are paying every day. I say make the oil companies slash the price by half. With the profits they have been posting quarterly it wont hurt them. But some CEO might not get his golden parachute

Here, look at just one "golden parachute".  :x

Exxon lavishes $398M on retiree

By Jad Mouawad
The New York Times

Last year's high oil prices not only helped Exxon Mobil report $36 billion in profit, they also allowed Lee R. Raymond to retire in style as chairman.

Raymond received a compensation package worth about $140 million last year, including cash, stock, options and a pension plan. He is still entitled to stock, options and long-term compensation worth at least another $258 million, according to a proxy statement filed by Exxon with the Securities and Exchange Commission Wednesday.

The total sum for Raymond's golden years comes to at least $398 million, among the richest compensation packages ever. The record was the payout of $550 million to Michael D. Eisner, the former head of Walt Disney, in 1997.

Exxon's board also agreed to allow him to use the company aircraft. Raymond agreed to reimburse Exxon partly when he uses the company jet for personal travel.

"When is enough, enough?" said Brian Foley, an executive compensation consultant. "This looks like a spigot that you can't turn off."

Raymond, 67, spent 43 years at Exxon

The company also paid for security, country club fees, financial planning and tax assistance services.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

nanners

Get the 100 then have to claim it on your income tax..they got ya commin and going  :))

Helen

Quote from: nanners on April 27, 2006, 05:02:00 PM
Get the 100 then have to claim it on your income tax..they got ya commin and going  :))

Isn't that the truth Nan!!!  >:(

hades

Helen

Quote from: hades on April 27, 2006, 05:43:46 PM
nice lil retirement pay off  ???

Yeah....think it's too late to change careers now??  :))  :))  :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview