Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Java Question

Started by S113H,

Previous topic - Next topic

S113H

Hopefully this is the right place to post this, if not sorry  :'(  I just downloaded firefox and I am wondering if it is possible to use microsoft vm with firefox or if I can only use sun. If it possible to use msvm how do I switch them? It just seems like the games and autos run better with msvm but I like the firfox browser ALOT more. Thank you for any help!

Tara

Quote from: S113H on April 29, 2006, 10:35:03 AM
Hopefully this is the right place to post this, if not sorry  :'(  I just downloaded firefox and I am wondering if it is possible to use microsoft vm with firefox or if I can only use sun. If it possible to use msvm how do I switch them? It just seems like the games and autos run better with msvm but I like the firfox browser ALOT more. Thank you for any help!

Sun is the default java for Firefox and you did ask in the right place !! 

That might be confusing the way I said it but no you cant use MSVM.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Helen

Quote from: Homer on April 29, 2006, 10:48:58 AM
VM is not compatible with the FF browser.

Is VM eventually going to be done away with?

Tara

S113H

Thank you for your help! Any opinions on which browser is better firefox or IE6? I know IE7 is coming out soon I'm wondering if there going to make it a little more like firefox.

Helen

Tara

Quote from: S113H on April 30, 2006, 07:34:44 AM
Thank you for your help! Any opinions on which browser is better firefox or IE6? I know IE7 is coming out soon I'm wondering if there going to make it a little more like firefox.

I use both browsers...Just depends on which one makes my auto run better.

krispy

if i am running both browsers of ie and firefox, ie seems to do a better job with games. solo - i dont see any difference.

Helen

Quote from: S113H on April 30, 2006, 07:34:44 AM

Has IE7 been given a release date yet?  ;D

krispy

i just looked at the beta of ie7. tabbed browsing reminds me of faststone browser format, which i love. not gonna do the beta one right now. it was released about five weeks ago. so who knows.

Helen

Quote from: krispy on April 30, 2006, 08:01:19 AM
i just looked at the beta of ie7. tabbed browsing reminds me of faststone browser format, which i love. not gonna do the beta one right now. it was released about five weeks ago. so who knows.

I won't do the beta either. Thanks for the info.... O0

Mary

thanks for info  O0 also when you use sun do you uncheck jit?? or keep them both on?? thanks

Helen

Quote from: mama on April 30, 2006, 08:14:35 AM
thanks for info  O0 also when you use sun do you uncheck jit?? or keep them both on?? thanks

When I use Sun, I keep the jit checked. I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do or not.

Tara

I don't keep them both checked.

But if your auto works then its ok I guess

Mary

thank you 2 for your help i will go try now with just sun check to see if my ff works better  ;D

Mary

homer would like your imput here on what to have check or not?? thanks  ;::

Helen

Quote from: mama on April 30, 2006, 10:55:26 AM
homer would like your imput here on what to have check or not?? thanks  ;::

I'd very much like to hear the answer to that too!! I never thought to uncheck the JIT with Sun.   :o

krispy

Quote from: mama on April 30, 2006, 08:14:35 AM

sun java doesnt have a jit compiler that i know of.

Homer

There is only one box to check for sun java

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview