Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Homer.....help!!!!!!

Started by CharmedOne73,

Previous topic - Next topic

CharmedOne73

Hey Homer!   :)

My sister is Holly222 and she needs help!  She wanted me to PM you and ask for your help, but I am not able to do that yet.

Her computer froze, so she turned it off.  When it came back on, everything is gone!  :o  Her screen is black and she is not able to get anything on there.  She wanted me to ask you if you know anyone who is a computer genius that might be able to talk to her on the phone to help her get her computer back up.   ???

I really appreciate any help that you can give her.  You know that she can't live without her computer!  LOL!

Thank you so much,   ;)
CharmedOne73

SaintHiρρo

I'm not Homer but we've always asked this question to people with problems like the one your sister is having (and this is NOT meant as a joke):

1) Is the monitor plugged in?
2) Is the monitor turned on?
3) Do you see a light that says the monitor is turned on?
4) Is it still connected to your computer?
5) Do you have a screen saver that displays nothing?

Hope these questions may help until someone else comes along.

Mary

Homer

She should contact the pc manufacturer's service department if everything is plugged in etc.

They will probably suggest she try using the restore cd's.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

CharmedOne73

I read all of these posts to Holly222 over the phone and she said to reply back that everything is plugged in correctly.  She said that she can not find her restore CDs.  The computer is not under warranty, so she can't call them.  She wanted me to ask if she put in a Windows CD, will that fix the problem?

Mary

if her puter is able to do windows she can that is a restore disc when my puter went down once i put in my windows xp and started all over gl  O0 but i`m sure homer or some one knows alot more then me on this..

Helen

Quote from: CharmedOne73 on April 30, 2006, 10:59:07 AM
I read all of these posts to Holly222 over the phone and she said to reply back that everything is plugged in correctly.  She said that she can not find her restore CDs.  The computer is not under warranty, so she can't call them.  She wanted me to ask if she put in a Windows CD, will that fix the problem?

Even though the computer is not under warranty, you can still call and get phone help. They will just charge your credit card for any service they provide you. They will also give you a case number and keep on helping you until the problem is solved. Hope this helps a little.

CharmedOne73

Thank you everyone for all of the help!

I just spoke to Holly and she has got some of the stuff back.  She said she will come in here to let ya'll know when she gets everything fixed.

Thanks so much!!!
O0 ;D O0 ;D O0 ;D O0 ;D O0 ;D

nanners

Yes you can still call computer company,, I know cause I have had to do it..expensive but worth it.. good luck

Helen

Quote from: nanners on April 30, 2006, 04:42:50 PM
Yes you can still call computer company,, I know cause I have had to do it..expensive but worth it.. good luck

I know Nan....it was expensive but at least they keep you on case file until the problem is solved.  O0

holly222

Yeaaa! Im back, after nine and a half hours of putting new stuff on the computer.... almost back to where I had it...  I found my original disks under the fridge!  My three year old hid them from me.... They were a little scratched up , but they worked. Thanks for all your posts and help today.....

<3

nanners

Helen

Quote from: holly222 on April 30, 2006, 06:18:58 PM
Yeaaa! Im back, after nine and a half hours of putting new stuff on the computer.... almost back to where I had it...  I found my original disks under the fridge!  My three year old hid them from me.... They were a little scratched up , but they worked. Thanks for all your posts and help today.....

<3

Wow Holly, good to have you back. I can imagine how relieved you are now.... :D

krispy

Quote from: holly222 on April 30, 2006, 06:18:58 PM

<3

so is the three-year-old still alive?

holly222

LOL! I made him sit on the couch for a hour while I finished getting the first files back on computer...

Helen

Quote from: holly222 on April 30, 2006, 08:32:57 PM
LOL! I made him sit on the couch for a hour while I finished getting the first files back on computer...

Awwww, poor baby!! He probably wondered what he did wrong.  :o

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview