PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:40:54 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Computer help pppplease....

Started by holly222,

Previous topic - Next topic

holly222

:( :( :( :( :( :(
Having major comp issues..... Its doing it on all websites i try to go to....
This is the message i get every other time I click on a link or try to post or change boards...
I dont have a firewall, only the windows one and I checked it and its set right..

The connection has timed out                     

The server at www.pogo.com is taking too long to respond.

*   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Help!!!  its doing it in pogo now....... im worried im gonna have major problems on badge day!!!!!!!!!

harley89

Most of the time when I have that problem it is one of two things Pogo got a problem or your computer may need some maintence. Go to programs then accesories and the system tools. click disk clean up and let it run. then follow the steps again and use disk defrag  Hope this helps

holly222

There shouldnt be much on there...... my system crashed yesterday and I was wipped out.. Had to put everything back on... I will try cleanup and disk thing just in case..

moonshine

I got that for 3 days a couple weeks ago, turns out my cable company was doing maintainance
good luck to you

Homer

If it's only pogo then You know how they are.

If your getting it on every site your ISP may be experiencing technical difficulties.

Try dleteing your cache and rebooting.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

holly222

Its happens about every thrity secs..... no matter what im on.....I tryed the cache and rebooted....no luck so far....

holly222

harley89

I will say a prayer ask archangel Michael to help you. Never know it might help

holly222

It does it on both mozilla firefox and Internet Exployer....... does that mean its the internet companys problem......

Homer

I think your ISP is having problems.

You should be able to call them and they will tell you if there is trouble in your area. ;)

holly222

Just got off the phone, and they said my stuff dont look very good on there end.... my power maby.. so there sending a guy out late tomarrow to check it out....
THANK YOU so much for all your help and posts!

Homer

Helen

Quote from: holly222 on May 02, 2006, 09:24:39 AM
Just got off the phone, and they said my stuff dont look very good on there end.... my power maby.. so there sending a guy out late tomarrow to check it out....
THANK YOU so much for all your help and posts!

Wow, you've been having some major problems with your computer. I'm curious as to what the problem is. Please keep us updated.

Nymphy

My computer has been shutting down, just like a light switch when Im playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, when My son plays his Need for speed, the tower sounds like it is going in Hyper gear, spinning outta control, I will be taking it in this week.

Helen

Quote from: Nymphy on May 02, 2006, 09:42:21 AM
My computer has been shutting down, just like a light switch when Im playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, when My son plays his Need for speed, the tower sounds like it is going in Hyper gear, spinning outta control, I will be taking it in this week.

Sounds like you have some problems there too!! I hope this computer thing isn't contagious.  :o

Tara

Quote from: Helen on May 02, 2006, 10:17:12 AM
Quote from: Nymphy on May 02, 2006, 09:42:21 AM

Sounds like you have some problems there too!! I hope this computer thing isn't contagious.  :o

No kidding Helen..What would you do without a computer  :o

Helen

holly222

So sorry to ask yet another computer question......but..... My dag gone mouse is binking in and out now.... "the little arrow"... anyone know what in the world causes that?????

badgemad

Ive got a pc problem ever since ive uninstalled IE& if i try to look at my stats in pogo i can only look at them once any ideas?  :-\ ;::

Tara

Quote from: badgemad on May 05, 2006, 04:30:40 PM
Ive got a pc problem ever since ive uninstalled IE& if i try to look at my stats in pogo i can only look at them once any ideas?  :-\ ;::

I've heard people complain about that and it had to do with AIM or AOL in a tool bar thing that downloads and you can remove it by going to remove programs. I can't be positive about that. Its just something I have heard a few times.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview