PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:49:29 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Important Information for Working Women

Started by Libra,

Previous topic - Next topic

Libra

I received the following post and even though I am not a mother, I was duly outraged.  Homer, if any part of this is not appropriate for the forum, I understand if you delete part or all of it.

Lib

----------------------

Did you know that in most states mothers can be denied a job or given less pay for the same work, just because they're mothers?

I didn't. And it shocked me.

There's a lot of talk about family values in this country, but isn't it about time that we actually started supporting families and mothers?

We're working to collect 50,000 signatures and comments supporting Moms and American families, before Mother's Day, through a new campaign organization I'm leading called MomsRising. Can you join us? Just go to:

http://www.moveon.org/r?r=1710&id=7477-3042646-1OVIGEpUyr.ozyHPPK_HWw&t=4

MomsRising will deliver these comments to leaders in Congress and begin to build an anchor of support for real family issues: protecting mothers from discrimination in hiring, promoting the work flexibility that all parents need, demanding universal health care, and a living wage for all Americans so they can support their families.

Are you a mom? Are you hoping to start a family but see how incredibly difficult it's become in our country? Do you love your mother? ;-)

Join the MomsRising campaign at:

http://www.moveon.org/r?r=1711&id=7477-3042646-1OVIGEpUyr.ozyHPPK_HWw&t=5

MomsRising will also send you an online copy of our new book, The Motherhood Manifesto—one chapter every other week for the next twelve weeks. The Motherhood Manifesto lays out the problems faced by mothers and families, and common sense, progressive solutions that will appeal to every American.

To get an actual copy of The Motherhood Manifesto before Mother's Day from Amazon, just go to:

http://www.moveon.org/r?r=1713&id=7477-3042646-1OVIGEpUyr.ozyHPPK_HWw&t=6

We've taken the unusual step of publishing the book first in paperback, so it's very affordable: around ten dollars. And all royalties go to the MomsRising organizing effort.

This campaign is an important next step in building a progressive movement that connects deeply with the needs of American families. And mothers.

Thanks for helping,

–Joan Blades, Co-Founder MoveOn.org Political Action.
  Thursday, May 4th, 2006

ClingFree

Sweet_Karamel

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Lynne

krispy

there is two sides to this issue. i have straddled both sides of the fence at one time or another in my life. with my children gone, i find that the environment for friendlier workplaces for people with children is better than it used to be. people in my company receive time off to attend childrens' functions like conferences. that leaves other people in the department with no children left to take care of business. when my kids were growing up, i attended conferences in the evening. just a point for discussion, that is all.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview