This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

lies mother told us

Started by froggielover,

Previous topic - Next topic

froggielover

hey all.. it's a lazy sunday for me.  my son is at church and my husband is still sleeping and i have some quiet time to myself. not something a mother gets often.

my mind is racing with memories of my childhood and i'm remembering some lies my mother told me when i was a young girl and i'm wondering if any of you have some lies your mother told you. 

ie:
1. my mom told me that oranges are naturally green and that they inject them with dies to make them orange.  so i honestly didn't know if oranges were orange or green naturally.

2.  mom told me that there was sawdust in white bread and that's why we were never able to eat it cuz it would clog up our insides.  i like white bread but kept it a secret that i thought there was sawdust in it.

now some of you may be asking yourself if i'm really that stupid.  i was raised in a strict home and was very sheltered.  i didn't find out about some things till i was older.  so .. i'm not putting this out there to get made fun of..

i'll share one more...  i was about 4 when my mom told me that if i ate ants my eyes would turn blue.  i didn't know that my eyes were blue already.  so my older sister came home from school one day and found me eating ants.. she asked what i was doing and i told her about what mom said.  lol.  i think that was a mean joke.. but funny now. 

i believe what people say and i'm very trusting of people..  mom was having fun with me i know..

krispy

that makes me think back also.

i believed two things when i was growing up.

that moms dont touch their children after four years old. i remember it was my fourth birthday. i was sitting in my mother's lap. she looked at me and told me that since i was four, i was now too old to be held or hugged or sit on her lap. that was the last time she ever hugged me. i, of course, figured out in time that was not true. and made sure to give my girls hugs. lol.

i also grew up thinking maybe meant no, lol. that is what i was told.  :)

hades

zeboo

wow unreal, my mother always told me the bitter truth, sometimes I didn't always like the outcome and I had wished sometimes she would have lied to me  :))

~Ãutolovér~

Quote from: krispy on May 07, 2006, 08:21:04 AM

that moms dont touch their children after four years old. i remember it was my fourth birthday. i was sitting in my mother's lap. she looked at me and told me that since i was four, i was now too old to be held or hugged or sit on her lap. that was the last time she ever hugged me. i, of course, figured out in time that was not true. and made sure to give my girls hugs. lol.

Oh wow Krispy thats sad....I will always hug my son, no matter what age he is. <3

krispy

Quote from: ~Ãutolovér~ on May 07, 2006, 08:30:23 AM

Oh wow Krispy thats sad....I will always hug my son, no matter what age he is. <3

ahhhh dont be. i grew up and considered the source, lol.

Helen

I remember my aunt telling my cousin that if she crossed her eyes when she was mad that they would get "stuck" like that forever.

I remember my Mom telling my brother that (I think a lot of Moms have used this one) if he told a lie his nose would grow.

froggielover

wow.  even adult children need hugs from mom.. i know i do and i'm 32.  i dont know what to say to that.
i'ts wonderful that your giving   your children lots of love.. every child needs hugged and kissed.

mom used to tell me also that she had eyes in the back of her head and was able to see what i was doing behind her back so i was to be careful.  i believed her too. lol

she said if i say "um" too much .. arms would grow out of my stomach..

she  also said that if i eat seeds from a watermellon that they would grow in my stomach and out my mouth.  i still dont like watermellon cuz of that silly story even now. lol

Shady Lady

I must confess I told my kids when they were real small that if they ate the watermelon seeds they would have a watermelon grow in their stomachs. I realized how serious they took me when one was 10 yrs old and refused to eat watermelon because he didn't want a watermelon to grow in his stomach.

hades

one of my uncles used to say that if you ate to much sausage a worm growed in your stomach...after that a couple of my cousins are deadly afraid to eat any  :))

ClingFree

I was 6 ....  My gramps asked me if I liked my freckles - which I HATED at the time .... He told me if I didnt like my freckles to wash my face with my cousin's p!ssy diaper. I was disgusted and told him there was no way I was putting pee on my face. Come to find out ... My Mother had done it when he told her to, and she was 8!!!

Helen

Quote from: ClingFree on May 08, 2006, 05:01:56 AM
I was 6 ....  My gramps asked me if I liked my freckles - which I HATED at the time .... He told me if I didnt like my freckles to wash my face with my cousin's p!ssy diaper. I was disgusted and told him there was no way I was putting pee on my face. Come to find out ... My Mother had done it when he told her to, and she was 8!!!

Ew.....that wasn't very nice of Gramps.  :o

froggielover

:o   wow!

Shady Lady

:x Glad you were smarter than  you're Mom.

ClingFree

Quote from: shadylady_129 on May 08, 2006, 04:20:35 PM
:x Glad you were smarter than  you're Mom.

Me too! And honestly, that is just the tip of the iceberg with Gramps. Soo many stories and I love every single one of em!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview