PlayBuddy
October 06, 2024, 01:18:32 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Rates Changes, Service Updates & Terms of Service!

Started by SaintHiρρo,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

Ok, so Pogo (who previously denied any rate changes will occur) has finally admitted to a rate change. What's important to us is in red:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Check the Pogo.com or Club Pogo Latest News section frequently for service updates, rate and other information.

Pogo.com
There are no service updates for Pogo.com at this time.

Club Pogo
Club Pogo is a subscription service for $5.99 a month or $34.99 a year with the first 2 weeks free. The free trial period for Club Pogo applies to first-time subscribers only. Your credit card is not charged until the free trial period expires, and you may cancel at any time with no obligation. Please see our <a href="http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp">Terms of Service</a> and <a href="http://www.billing.ea.com/">Account Billing Help</a> for more information.

NOTIFICATION OF RATE CHANGE FOR CLUB POGO SUBSCRIBERS PRIOR TO 2/7/2006:
Current Club Pogo subscribers who purchased their Club Pogo subscription prior to February 7, 2006, please note that beginning June 6, 2006, your subscription rate will change to $5.99 a month or $34.99 a year on your next billing date. For users on a monthly subscription, this will take effect on your next monthly bill. For annual subscribers, this will take effect when your subscription reaches the end of your 12 month subscription term.

Current AOL members who purchased a Club Pogo subscription prior to February 7, 2006, please note that beginning June 6, 2006, your subscription rate will change to $3.99 a month or $24.99 a year on your next billing date. For users on a monthly subscription, this will take effect on your next monthly bill. For annual subscribers, this will take effect when your subscription reaches the end of your 12 month subscription term

Terms of Service
For our Terms of Service <a href="http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp">click here</a>.

Tara

So maybe in June I should re-new my memberships instead of September?  Wonder if that will work?

ClingFree

slidecage2222

only 5 bucks.  im sure many would of paid an extra  10 bucks easy to stay with pogo.

I joined back in  Dec 2003 and they never had a pay increase.  Name another place that hasnt went up  in almost 3 years.   My memebership isnt up until  dec 2006  : )

simpsons99

yeah thats funny they have been doing the $5 off right now  so people will get it for moms..  Does'nt that make it the old price of 29.95 ?

harley89

I will pay the increase but sure wish it would include the option of a private room

hades

DoubleOscotty

$5 a year, no biggie just don't buy a starbucks that day or one less gallon of gas.

HypnotizedMind

Helen

Quote from: slidecage2222 on May 08, 2006, 12:42:17 PM
only 5 bucks.  im sure many would of paid an extra  10 bucks easy to stay with pogo.

I joined back in  Dec 2003 and they never had a pay increase.  Name another place that hasnt went up  in almost 3 years.   My memebership isnt up until  dec 2006  : )

I don't think they'd raise it $10 in one year. They may $5 us to death every year though.... :))

Country Lady

Just goes to show that you can't believe anything pogo says. >:D
Well crap, I'm paying it, can't go withour badges.

BadgeBabe

Well, @#$%%!! My Pogo account Billing Info doesn't even give a billing date. Shows the comp. they gave me for a " mistake" they made on my account and leaves all info about renewal date off. My OTHER Club Pogo account has all the info filled in correctly.

Crap. I can just see them cutting off my main account with no notice because I have no way to know when the payment is due.
Do they do automatic CC billing by any chance?

simpsons99

Yes they do   an auto Pay by Credit card if you have 1 setup with them ..

Kinda funny they don'nt belive in auto in the games but for Payment ..  *hmmm pogo uses a auto too get our Credit card funds  ;)

BadgeBabe

O0Thank you very much for the info!!
I would panic if Pogo didn't use this because I have no way to know when the renewal is due and I am not about to write them and get them STIRRED UP again. Whew!!

My Pogo rule to live by: Never, ever contact a live person at Pogo/ aka EA CS unless something extremely dire has happened to one's account. Undertrained and probably underpaid live person who is probably licking lead paint off walls of a dark closet will still misunderstand, make problem worse, fail to totally restore account resulting in unexpected secondary shutdown, send a totally competent and Internet savvy person to their insane drop down menu which invariably does NOT address the issue member is trying to contact EA CS about, and drive Pogo member to tears with their " It's not my department" runaround.  :'(

hades

i wonder how pogo will explain off the increase after saying there wouldnt be one  :-X

BadgeBabe

Quote from: hades on May 08, 2006, 11:57:52 PM
i wonder how pogo will explain off the increase after saying there wouldnt be one  :-X

I double dare you to call them and try to get an intelligent response about the increase. See my Pogo Rule To Live By in the post above yours!! :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Play hard, cheat well.  :;'

Helen

Quote from: Iwanttowin2 on May 09, 2006, 12:26:53 AM
Quote from: hades on May 08, 2006, 11:57:52 PM

I double dare you to call them and try to get an intelligent response about the increase. See my Pogo Rule To Live By in the post above yours!! :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Play hard, cheat well.  :;'

LOL....I'm not calling them, you call them.  :))

MouseD

Current Club Pogo subscribers who purchased their Club Pogo subscription prior to February 7, 2006, please note that beginning June 6, 2006, your subscription rate will change to $5.99 a month or $34.99 a year on your next billing date. For users on a monthly subscription, this will take effect on your next monthly bill. For annual subscribers, this will take effect when your subscription reaches the end of your 12 month subscription term.

"Current AOL members who purchased a Club Pogo subscription prior to February 7, 2006, please note that beginning June 6, 2006, your subscription rate will change to $3.99 a month or $24.99 "a year on your next billing date. For users on a monthly subscription, this will take effect on your next monthly bill. For annual subscribers, this will take effect when your subscription reaches the end of your 12 month subscription term.

This still bites that aol people still get it cheaper then us...they are paying 10 bucks less a year then us non aolers.  And I dont really care if pogo is partnered with aol or not, its not right for non users of aol to have to support pogo by paying more.

hades

Tara

Quote from: jim1975 on May 10, 2006, 12:13:07 AM
Quote from: MouseD on May 10, 2006, 12:07:57 AM

"Current AOL members who purchased a Club Pogo subscription prior to February 7, 2006, please note that beginning June 6, 2006, your subscription rate will change to $3.99 a month or $24.99 "a year on your next billing date. For users on a monthly subscription, this will take effect on your next monthly bill. For annual subscribers, this will take effect when your subscription reaches the end of your 12 month subscription term.

This still bites that aol people still get it cheaper then us...they are paying 10 bucks less a year then us non aolers.  And I dont really care if pogo is partnered with aol or not, its not right for non users of aol to have to support pogo by paying more.
If u want to save $ 10.00 u have the option to sign up for a aol account then u will get the discount.

I wouldn't put anything AOL on computer to save 10 bucks.  It would end up costing more to fix everything else it screwed up.  Just my opinion of course

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview