PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 02:34:35 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

72 ban lmao

Started by Blu,

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewel

Pogo promotes the Player Spotlight and that gives out a ton of personal information.  ;:"

Tara

Quote from: Jewel on May 16, 2006, 01:10:39 AM
Pogo promotes the Player Spotlight and that gives out a ton of personal information.  ;:"

You are so right Jewel, giving your email addy out is not a friggen crime, its a choice and should be considered using your judgement.  They might as well turn all chat and communication off. I guess you could whisper your info, but who knows they probably would ban you for that too.   :;'

nanners

I've also seen people giving out addys and all kinds of info in chat.. and i'm surprised my daughter didn't get "the ban" in private chat the other day..she told me 'today is titty squish day".. :)) was her mammogram day for the 2nd time..they found a 'mass' first time..but all is ok now.. but you know pogo. ban ban ban..

Blu

Look at how they make up their own rules...here's some of my correspondence with them:

Me: I know why I'm banned, but I feel this is not fair. How else can we give out our own email to people? This ban needs to be lifted ASAP. The information given in chat was simply my email address. It's not even the address used with my account. People ALWAYS share their email. Your TOS states, "we strongly encourage you not to disclose any personal information about yourself in your public communications on our Service. EA is not responsible for information that you choose to communicate to other users on the Service, or for the actions of other users." This means IT IS allowed, but EA does not suggest doing so. Therefor, I didn't violate TOS.

TOS Tards: Your account was suspended for Disclosing Personal Information in the game. You may not post or communicate your own or any other player's real-world personal information(including e-mail) within the Service or through any Service website or any Service bulletin board.

Me: That's not what TOS says. It does not say (including email). This is what the TOS says according to http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp
You may not post or communicate any players real-world personal information within the Service or through any Service Web Site or any Service bulletin board. ·

NOWHERE does it say (including email) in there, as you stated. You added it to this email. This is an unwarranted ban of 72 hours. I'll ask again, who can I contact via phone or email to discuss this unwarranted ban?

Lynne

OMG are they serious... gotta love it...ss blu for your problems with pogo, was hoping you were posting that you got the ban removed, not more trouble with them

heavenly

do they define "personal information" anywhere? with a rule that vague you could get banned for telling someone what your real name is or what color hair you have!

Blu

Quote from: heavenly on May 16, 2006, 05:49:19 AM
do they define "personal information" anywhere? with a rule that vague you could get banned for telling someone what your real name is or what color hair you have!

Not anywhere I can find.

Tara

1 -866- 543-5435

Call them now, your not doing anything else important  :))

Lynne

lol u being bossy to blu lol kick him in the pants that might get him going

Blu

Quote from: Tara on May 16, 2006, 06:14:13 AM
1 -866- 543-5435

lmao i actually tried today, was on hold 45 mins...cell can't take much more minutes.

bubblegum

Quote from: Tara on May 16, 2006, 06:14:13 AM
1 -866- 543-5435

whoever calls them let us know what the effers is up

Lynne

lol blu if u call em back tell them to hurry the heck up... WE NEED OUR POGO NOW DANGIT

bubblegum

I think pogo got over zealous banning people for 72 hours and has banned EVERYONE for 72 hours

Lynne

its stupid really really stupid.. i wish i could ban them for banning ppl on the forum lol to see how it feels

xtine

Well, you have to keep in mind --- their stupid rules probably exist for a reason, because something bad happened due to one stupid person so Pogo had to create a ton of nit-picking rules to cover their butts.  Not saying they're doing a good job but I can understand why they have things set up that way.

I've had to post a bunch of stupid signs at work ("Please Do Not Print More Than 200 Pages!  The Printer Will Overheat"; "Please Make Sure the Door Is Fully Closed Behind You") because people are just morons.

Blu

Quote from: starrynights48 on May 16, 2006, 06:25:47 AM
\
I've had to post a bunch of stupid signs at work ("Please Do Not Print More Than 200 Pages!  The Printer Will Overheat"; "Please Make Sure the Door Is Fully Closed Behind You") because people are just morons.
sooo true

Lynne

i know what your saying it takes i stupid person to ruin it for the rest of us...but when u state ur case to them and show them that they didnt break a TOS u would think they would get rid of the ban, they didnt...they do it for other ppl...its just not fair...

SaintHiρρo

Pogo went down because they gave Blu a 72 hour ban and it shifted the balance of power in Pogoland. They weren't expecting it and that's why the long delay. They need Blu more than Blu needs them and now that they realize it... they won't be banning him again anytime soon...

....now I'm off to hide in some corner until this ban is over so I may catch up on all the posts later on.

bubblegum

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 16, 2006, 06:29:28 AM
Pogo went down because they gave Blu a 72 hour ban and it shifted the balance of power in Pogoland. They weren't expecting it and that's why the long delay. They need Blu more than Blu needs them and now that they realize it... they won't be banning him again anytime soon...

....now I'm off to hide in some corner until this ban is over so I may catch up on all the posts later on.

I'll join ya.  See my new scooter?

Blu

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 16, 2006, 06:29:28 AM

lmfaoooo