PlayBuddy
July 13, 2024, 05:05:07 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Tri-Peaks Solitaire HD : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 80 disco balls or disco ball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

had my home phone connected via VOIP for a mnth or so now......

Started by Gecko,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Tara on May 15, 2006, 08:57:15 AM
I  pay 65.00 a month for my landline, which I hardly ever use, but I have to have a fax machine so I guess I have no other choice.

Can't you use the fax machine with a VOiP? I figured if you can dial out and get incoming calls... it should work the same way.

Tara

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 15, 2006, 08:58:37 AM
Quote from: Tara on May 15, 2006, 08:57:15 AM
I  pay 65.00 a month for my landline, which I hardly ever use, but I have to have a fax machine so I guess I have no other choice.

Can't you use the fax machine with a VOiP? I figured if you can dial out and get incoming calls... it should work the same way.

Last time I checked into it, I was told you would be charged separate for faxes.   :-\

nanners

Plus my 24.99.. I pay..plus tax..comes to 27.78 a month. I dont have the fax line tho.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: nanners on May 15, 2006, 09:21:16 AM
Plus my 24.99.. I pay..plus tax..comes to 27.78 a month. I dont have the fax line tho.

Sounds to me like this would be a great plan for you Tara. Of course, I'm not fond of Vontage because they lie in their advertisements of unlimited calls (you only get 4999 mins a month but you have to ask them about this to find out that little bit of information) but this does sound nice.

nanners

Like i'd make that many calls a month.. lol..but you do need to look into all the small print if you go that route..I also have my calls forwarded to my cell if i'm not home to answer, 

Tara

I wonder if I can just get a fax line hooked up for 9.99  a month. I don't need the phone part. 

I got your email Nanners, I will check it out and thanks.

nanners

Tara

You have to read the fine print... :oo

Residential Customers Can Get a Dedicated Fax Line for Only $9.99 Per Month
Less than a separate fax line from your old phone company, a Vonage fax line is only $9.99 per month with a one-time $9.99 activation fee. You get 250 minutes of local and long distance outgoing fax service plus unlimited incoming faxes each month. Extra local and long distance outgoing fax minutes are only 3.9 cents per minute. Outgoing international faxes are billed at our low international rates.

Thats really not bad..I have more incoming than I do outgoing.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: nanners on May 15, 2006, 09:44:47 AM
Like i'd make that many calls a month.. lol..but you do need to look into all the small print if you go that route..I also have my calls forwarded to my cell if i'm not home to answer, 

The only ones who make that many phone calls a month are a) teens [mainly girls] & b) Home businesses. I don't make that many phone calls a month but the fact they show in big bold advertisements "UNLIMITED"... and then when you ask them they say "it's unlimited phone calls up to 4999 minutes a month"... then it's no longer unlimited. I think SunRocket (could be another place) allows you to pay $200 for an entire year. I would love to do that and not worry about a phone bill for one year. Maybe it's just me.

nanners

I sure wish I had Vonage or ANYTHING diff when my 3 daughters were growing up.. We live in the country and just about everywhere was a toll call..

hades

vonage isnt lying.theres two different plans. the one for $24.99 a month is unlimited we go well over the 4999 minutes every month and never get charged. the cheaper plan is the one that gives out the minute limit.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: hades on May 15, 2006, 11:25:39 AM
vonage isnt lying.theres two different plans. the one for $24.99 a month is unlimited we go well over the 4999 minutes every month and never get charged. the cheaper plan is the one that gives out the minute limit.

When I contacted Vonage about the $24.99 plan (known as Premium Unlimited Plan), they stated to me it was unlimited minutes. I asked about the 4999 mins cap that SunRocket told me Vonage has. They said they put the cap on because anything over 4999 minutes means you're a business and you have the option of switching the business plan (which is $49.99 a month) or paying for the minutes you go over. I asked them why wasn't this mentioned in the advertisements and she said she needed to place me on hold. After a while, a manager (or someone) came back to me and said it's mentioned on the website and I may read it there. Took me a long time to find it but it was there. You may be lucky to get by without being charged going over 4999 minutes (83½ hours... yeah, who really talks that much) a month but they stated I was going to be charged and it's in the agreement people get when they sign up. Kinda shady to me.

nanners

glad I don't have to worry about all that stuff.. but like I said..always small print somewhere..

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: nanners on May 15, 2006, 11:37:04 AM
glad I don't have to worry about all that stuff.. but like I said..always small print somewhere..

Yeah, I'm glad too. All this small print is the reason why I just stick to my mobile phone and don't have any kind of home line (LAN or VOIP). Maybe one day I will and if I do, it's going to be Sun Rocket only because of the $200 a year option. If Vonage offered something like that, I would consider them.

nanners

I never checked with SunRocket..so not even sure I could get it where I live..

pugsly™

i am disabled with heart disease i got to have a phone at all times my neighbors are very rude and won't let noone use there phone at all so hubby n i bought a cell phone for emergancies if our vonage goes out its a prepaid service for now on our cell we never loose minutes if we don't use it minutes roll over to next month we bought our cell mainly due to us living in florida where the hurricanes are crazy every year

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview