PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:38:07 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

whos the maid or butler in your household?

Started by pugsly™,

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan_Hawley

Quote from: tigereyes on May 30, 2006, 08:20:44 PM
My fiance and I do the housework together. He and I both believe it should be split 50/50, since we both live here. I like doing the laundry. He takes out the trash. We both do the dishes. We both clean the house. I will cook sometimes, but I don't really like to. I don't like men who think that all women are suppose to do is cook and clean all day. I don't have any sons yet, but when I do they will be raised to cook and clean.

I agree...

To all the moms out there, teach your sons how to act like gentlemen and they really will turn out alright.  I promise.  Open doors for ladies, say yes ma'am or yes sir, stand up when a lady enters the room, look people in the eye, stand up straight, say please and thank you.  Little things go along way.  Again, all this is IMHO.  I'm certainly NOT trying to tell people how to act or raise their children, that's certainly none of my business. 

tigereyes

Quote from: Ethan_Hawley on May 30, 2006, 08:31:59 PM
My fiance and I do the housework together. He and I both believe it should be split 50/50, since we both live here. I like doing the laundry. He takes out the trash. We both do the dishes. We both clean the house. I will cook sometimes, but I don't really like to. I don't like men who think that all women are suppose to do is cook and clean all day. I don't have any sons yet, but when I do they will be raised to cook and clean.

I agree...

To all the moms out there, teach your sons how to act like gentlemen and they really will turn out alright.  I promise.  Open doors for ladies, say yes ma'am or yes sir, stand up when a lady enters the room, look people in the eye, stand up straight, say please and thank you.  Little things go along way.  Again, all this is IMHO.  I'm certainly NOT trying to tell people how to act or raise their children, that's certainly none of my business. 

Ethan, I agree with all you said.

pugsly™

i sure wish it was 50/50 espeaclly when it comes to something in the kichen

everything is to high for me at a seated level it pisses me off very easily especially the stove the knobs are in the back i take risk of gettin burned trying to cook

tigereyes

Quote from: pugsly on May 30, 2006, 08:42:56 PM
i sure wish it was 50/50 espeaclly when it comes to something in the kichen

everything is to high for me at a seated level it pisses me off very easily especially the stove the knobs are in the back i take risk of gettin burned trying to cook

Your husband needs to start helping you out. I would tell him if he wants dinner to make it himself, or at least give you a hand.

It really sucks that the only reason why he's expecting you to do everything, is because his mom was that with him, so he never learned how to do stuff himself.

pugsly™

Quote from: tigereyes on May 30, 2006, 08:53:34 PM
Quote from: pugsly on May 30, 2006, 08:42:56 PM
i sure wish it was 50/50 especially when it comes to something in the kitchen

Your husband needs to start helping you out. I would tell him if he wants dinner to make it himself, or at least give you a hand.

It really sucks that the only reason why he's expecting you to do everything, is because his mom was that with him, so he never learned how to do stuff himself.

i truly don't expect him to do everything but like you said tiger to just give a helping hand

foxx

Quote from: Ethan_Hawley on May 30, 2006, 07:42:08 PM
Ok, I'm sorry ladies...but you need to expect more from your husbands..IMHO.

I've been married for almost 2 years now (so maybe you can attribute my behavior to 'oh he's still a newlywed'), and I am MORE than capable of pitching in with my fair share of the housework.  If I have dirty laundry, I do it.  If the dishes pile up in the sink, I wash them.  When the yard needs mowed, I mow it.  When my wife works night, I make her dinner. 

Maybe it's because I lived on my own as a batchelor for a couple years after college, but my mama didn't raise me expecting to be waited on hand & foot once I got married.  I can sew my own buttons and I put the toilet seat down, thank you very much.

I'm sorry your husbands "make" you do so much around the house.  Hopefully they at least tell you how much they appreciate what you do every now and then...

You so just bumped yourself up to husband #2.  Tee hee!

My first husband, Mr. Foxx, is a lot like Mr. Ethan here...and its effing awesome.  He pretty much has rebuilt our house from scratch, takes out the trash, makes dinner every other night, cleans the litter box, mows the grass, empties the dishwasher, etc.

This isn't 1950 Pugsly.  You need to tell him to shape up or ship out.  No one deserves to be treated like a maid. 

tigereyes

foxx

Quote from: tigereyes on May 30, 2006, 09:13:55 PM
Very well said, Foxx.

Thanks woman...

You too...

Ethan_Hawley

Quote from: foxx on May 30, 2006, 09:10:00 PM

I've been married for almost 2 years now (so maybe you can attribute my behavior to 'oh he's still a newlywed'), and I am MORE than capable of pitching in with my fair share of the housework.  If I have dirty laundry, I do it.  If the dishes pile up in the sink, I wash them.  When the yard needs mowed, I mow it.  When my wife works night, I make her dinner. 

Maybe it's because I lived on my own as a batchelor for a couple years after college, but my mama didn't raise me expecting to be waited on hand & foot once I got married.  I can sew my own buttons and I put the toilet seat down, thank you very much.

I'm sorry your husbands "make" you do so much around the house.  Hopefully they at least tell you how much they appreciate what you do every now and then...

My first husband, Mr. Foxx, is a lot like Mr. Ethan here...and its effing awesome.  He pretty much has rebuilt our house from scratch, takes out the trash, makes dinner every other night, cleans the litter box, mows the grass, empties the dishwasher, etc.

This isn't 1950 Pugsly.  You need to tell him to shape up or ship out.  No one deserves to be treated like a maid. 

Sheeeeesh Foxxy  *blush*  <3

Mrs. Ethan sure wouldn't be too happy with any extra-marital activity but thanks for the compliment.  Maybe we can just be drinking/pogo buddies?!  ;) ;D

The lady, Foxx, has a great point Pugsly.  Especially considering your condition; your husband (IMHO) should be more involved around the house.  My mom is the same way...she taught her sons well, but doesn't expect the same from her husband (my idiot father).  You deserve to be treated well..not because you do things around the house, or clean up around the house.  You deserve to be treated well because you are his wife and he loves you, and that's not how you honor and respect someone you love.

foxx

Quote from: Ethan_Hawley on May 30, 2006, 09:18:41 PM

Sheeeeesh Foxxy  *blush*  <3

Mrs. Ethan sure wouldn't be too happy with any extra-marital activity but thanks for the compliment.  Maybe we can just be drinking/pogo buddies?!  ;) ;D

The lady, Foxx, has a great point Pugsly.  Especially considering your condition; your husband (IMHO) should be more involved around the house.  My mom is the same way...she taught her sons well, but doesn't expect the same from her husband (my idiot father).  You deserve to be treated well..not because you do things around the house, or clean up around the house.  You deserve to be treated well because you are his wife and he loves you, and that's not how you honor and respect someone you love.

LOL...newlyweds.  Sheesh! 

You mean you don't have wife #2 lined up?  That's just poor planning.   ;)

Ethan_Hawley

Quote from: foxx on May 30, 2006, 09:21:54 PM

Sheeeeesh Foxxy  *blush*  <3

Mrs. Ethan sure wouldn't be too happy with any extra-marital activity but thanks for the compliment.  Maybe we can just be drinking/pogo buddies?!  ;) ;D

The lady, Foxx, has a great point Pugsly.  Especially considering your condition; your husband (IMHO) should be more involved around the house.  My mom is the same way...she taught her sons well, but doesn't expect the same from her husband (my idiot father).  You deserve to be treated well..not because you do things around the house, or clean up around the house.  You deserve to be treated well because you are his wife and he loves you, and that's not how you honor and respect someone you love.

LOL...newlyweds.  Sheesh! 

You mean you don't have wife #2 lined up?  That's just poor planning.   ;)

Well, hopefully (god willing) there won't ever be a need for a #2....buuuuuuuuuuut I guess you never can be too careful.

Tara

I hate to break this to you guys, but ummm I have the best man ever....if you don't believe me then just ask me and I will tell you again that he is   :)) With that being said, (TM Homer)  I'm headed out to take mini pictures...lmao

tigereyes

Sheeeeesh Foxxy  *blush*  <3

Mrs. Ethan sure wouldn't be too happy with any extra-marital activity but thanks for the compliment.  Maybe we can just be drinking/pogo buddies?!  ;) ;D

The lady, Foxx, has a great point Pugsly.  Especially considering your condition; your husband (IMHO) should be more involved around the house.  My mom is the same way...she taught her sons well, but doesn't expect the same from her husband (my idiot father).  You deserve to be treated well..not because you do things around the house, or clean up around the house.  You deserve to be treated well because you are his wife and he loves you, and that's not how you honor and respect someone you love.

That was very well put Ethan.

foxx

Quote from: Tara on May 30, 2006, 09:25:24 PM

I hate to break this to you guys, but ummm I have the best man ever....if you don't believe me then just ask me and I will tell you again that he is   :)) With that being said, (TM Homer)  I'm headed out to take mini pictures...lmao

With the things Homer has been saying over the last few days...I'll give ya that one.

Are you staying up late to play tonight?  *crosses fingers*

Go check out my mini...Hee!

ClingFree

I realize my post here is going to upset some people. I can't say it as nicely as Ethan or Foxx did.

If you dont like it? Change it.   I am fully aware that changing things is not always easy, but if its being done for the right reasons its definitely worth it.

Tara

Quote from: ClingFree on May 31, 2006, 04:26:17 AM
I realize my post here is going to upset some people. I can't say it as nicely as Ethan or Foxx did.

If you dont like it? Change it.   I am fully aware that changing things is not always easy, but if its being done for the right reasons its definitely worth it.

It's not going to upset me, I know where your words come from. I've also been where you have.   :-*

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview