PlayBuddy
August 10, 2024, 05:35:39 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Grammar and Spelling

Started by Julez,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: foxx on June 01, 2006, 08:50:30 AM
Quote from: Spoonz on May 31, 2006, 10:55:17 PM

Now, I by no stretch of the imagination consider myself to be perfect or a know-it-all and I don't pretend either, but for crying out loud USE A PERIOD AT THE END OF YOUR SENTENCES AND CAPITOLIZE!

...and sometimes the spell check fails.  For instance, "capitol" means: 1. A building or complex of buildings in which a state legislature meets. 1. Capitol The building in Washington, D.C., where the Congress of the United States meets.

"capital" on the other hand:  Means a bunch of stuff.  I won't bore you with the details.  Most importantly though, it is:   7. A capital letter.

So, it should be "capitalize".  But, like I said. The spell checker lets the best of us down sometimes.

that right dur.... me thinks that were a burn.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

SexySagittarian

There is another class of people here that needs to be recognized. I and many others (I'm fairly sure) are not missing any fries from our Happy Meals. Our stairs go all the way to the attic. When the lights come on, we are at home. There are no bricks missing from our foundations. We went to school to learn and brought home report cards that we could be proud of. Hell you get the picture. We are handicapped however, by physical conditions that make typing difficult. In my case,it's eyesight. I am a severe diabetic. I need a different pair of glasses each day depending on what my blood sugar is for that particular day. Some days I have to wear two or three pair of glasses at the same time to see well enough to type. It's a pain in the ass.  I have another disability (this one was brought on by my own stupidity). When I was growing up all girls were encouraged to learn to type so they could grow up to be secretary's and wait on men. I chose not to follow that path and would not learn to type until I got my first computer when I was in my forties. Now I use three or four fingers to type...it's the best I can do. I try to use spell check but when you're trying to post to a "hot topic" if you take too long to post you lose your turn and have to start over. I choose to send my posts through with all their mistakes. Spoonz, because I am part of this forum and have just as much right to post as you do. I also have the right to do it without being harassed about it.

nanners

I totally agree PogoS.. not all of us are as well 'rounded' as others here..WE are people to..even with our mistakes and sometimes short commings..You either like me cause of who I am NOT how I spell or talk. I'll dot my I's and cross my T's to the best of my knowledge.I may not have good grammar but i'm as honest as the day is long, that should account for something. Nuff said from me,and yes, I mispelled 'nuff' on purpose. My $.25 worth.

tigereyes

I don't really mind how people here type as long as I get the gist of what's being said. Everyone makes mistakes.. I know I do. I don't like the slanted typing that Chad did. If I can't understand what's being said then I don't bother reading the post.

harley89

To the orginial poster. We all love each other we are not just a online community we are a online family. We would love to have you join us but we are what you read. So just dive on in and join the love( fray ,fight are what ever it is at the time)  But have fun  :)) :)) :)) <3

Kelly

Tara

nanners

HEY spoooooonz?!?..yell at Tara..she mispelled 'god'. :))

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: nanners on June 01, 2006, 11:56:58 AM

ROFL, hey Spooooooooooonz, don't forget to yell at nanners. She misspelled "misspell".  :D

Tara

You will never see me spell it the way you did. I spell it gawd.   :P

Libra

Quote from: Tara on June 01, 2006, 12:02:52 PM

Me too. And I'm perfect.  >:D

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: SunnyLibra on June 01, 2006, 12:05:04 PM

You don't start off a sentence using "and", thus meaning you're not perfect... like me!  :))

Tara

butt you aint
   gots no cents.
       sew it don't matter
            sew thair

Tara

Quote from: SaintHippo on June 01, 2006, 12:07:33 PM

You don't start off a sentence using "and", thus meaning you're not perfect... like me!  :))

And I will start them off however I want to, so this thread is about as useless as some people who use to participate here.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Tara on June 01, 2006, 12:10:46 PM
Quote from: SaintHippo on June 01, 2006, 12:07:33 PM

And I will start them off however I want to, so this thread is about as useless as some people who use to participate here.

ROFL, I ain't never heard of nooooooooooooooooooo body who done thunk this wood bee a grape thread neway!

nanners

See, your just like spoonz.. I never ever said I was perfect!! I DO make mistakes, and I was just kidding about the 'gawd' word.
mis+spell.....there, how's that? :))

Libra

Quote from: nanners on June 01, 2006, 12:29:22 PM
See, your just like spoonz.. I never ever said I was perfect!! I DO make mistakes, and I was just kidding about the 'gawd' word.
mis+spell.....there, how's that? :))

Awww, you don't have to call me Miss Pell.. You can just call me Lib.  >:D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview