Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Dogs, Dogs, Dogs

Started by BadgeBabe,

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan_Hawley

No dogs for me.  :(  Never had one actually, mom's allergic, and now I live in the city.  I'd hate to have a dog and not be able to give it a yard to play in.

We do have a cat though.  Her name is Goose and she's a turtleshell calico.  I lived in NW florida during Hurrican Ivan back in 2004, and she just showed up on our doorstep after the storm looking for something to eat.  Spent about a week looking for an owner but no one ever claimed her.  She's crazy, I think she grew up in a house with dogs because she plays fetch!  Everytime I go to the freezer she's on my heels waiting for an ice cube.  I'll toss it down the stairs, she'll wack it around the tile floor like a hockey puck, then bring it back upstairs for me to do it again.  I never ever thought I would be a guy with a cat, but I wouldn't trade her for the world.

Lynne

kgansor

Ethan_Hawley

she's tiny too.  2+ years old (not sure exactly) and she still looks like a kitten most days.

BadgeBabe

Sunny,
Is your precious little baby a Maltese or a teacup Poodle or ???? I'm guessing by the weight ( unless he is a puppy).
In the photo with regular hair, he has a Havanese/ Bichon looking face and coat, but I've never heard of a Hava only weighing 3 lbs. :)

BTW, something you might want to consider or talk to your vet  about concerning white dogs and their skin: I know he may be easier to groom and so forth in the summer without a long coat, but the coat serves to protect his skin from sunburn and skin cancer.
Light colored coated dogs have very sensitive skin, as you probably know by now.. :)
He's truly precious!!

Thanks for sharing!!

BadgeBabe

For the person who said they are allergic to dogs- There are non- allergenic kinds of dogs. The two I know of are the Havanese and their close genetic ancestral cousin, the Bichon.

I'm incredibly allergic to cats, breaking out in hives and wheezing. I can't even be in a friend's house where a cat lives.
Ditto mild allergies with most dogs, only not as badly as the cats, probably because I grew up with dogs around our house and not with any cats.

I knew I had to have a pet though, and searched for a non- shedding, non-allergenic kind of dog for several years until I found one. I highly recommend that you look into one of these two lovely kinds of dogs if you want a dog. :)

The AKC has info about the non- allergenic properties. www.akc.org

Edited by me to remove some crappy icons which I did NOT place in this post. What's up with the UGLY FACES when I posted the word Br e - e-d?
I do NOT understand at all.

foxx

Momma T: Sabe is a beautiful Collie. 

Ethan: Goose is effing adorable.  I love the ice cube story.  Hee!

JenH2001

I have a wonderful dog. She is a lab-bassett mix. She is short and long like a bassett, but looks just like a lab. She is so cute!  ;::

foxx

Quote from: JenH2001 on June 03, 2006, 08:29:38 PM
I have a wonderful dog. She is a lab-bassett mix. She is short and long like a bassett, but looks just like a lab. She is so cute!  ;::

Post a pic woman!  We like sharing our pet pics with each other!

Tara

I have a picture of my kitty that I just sent Homer, maybe he will post it.   :;'

Homer

Quote from: Tara on June 03, 2006, 08:43:09 PM
I have a picture of my kitty that I just sent Homer, maybe he will post it.   :;'

Sorry, to many grown up words to post. :(

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

foxx

Which kitty?
;)

Homer

Quote from: foxx on June 03, 2006, 09:22:59 PM

Which kitty?
;)

All I know is 2 of my cats have climbed their 7 foot tower and are now staring at the ceiling. I think they hear a mouse. :o

If that mouse appears it will be one dead mouse. :))

foxx

Quote from: Homer on June 03, 2006, 09:26:13 PM

Which kitty?
;)

All I know is 2 of my cats have climbed their 7 foot tower and are now staring at the ceiling. I think they hear a mouse. :o

Lol...yeah, that mouse is toast.  Tee hee!

Ummm....a picture please?

Homer

Quote from: foxx on June 03, 2006, 09:33:34 PM

Which kitty?
;)

I have to figure out how to get them from the phone to the pc. LOL

foxx

Quote from: Homer on June 03, 2006, 09:36:20 PM
Quote from: foxx on June 03, 2006, 09:33:34 PM

Which kitty?
;)

I have to figure out how to get them from the phone to the pc. LOL

That sounds like a tomorrow task. 
;)

hades

JenH2001

Ok I finally learned how to post a pic of my dog. she is 4 yrs. old and so cute.   ;::

hooangel

i'm so glad to hear your pup is doing better. i have two dogs- a husky mix  ;:: and a german shepherd  ;:" he's a police k9- and i know anything something minor happens to them how that impacts me so i cannot imagine. good luck!! 

Julez

I grew up with dogs, cats, horses, goats, chickens, lizards, and cows lol.  My parents use to b-r-e-e-d Golden Retreivers - love this b-r-e-e-d!  When hubby and I bought our first house in 2000, I found a GR b-r-e-e-der in Atlanta, GA, which was on our route from CA to VA.  Here's a couple pics of Ankh ba Sothis (egyptian for Powerful Heart of The Dog Star) aka Anka and a slew of nicknames lol.  First one is of Anka and Monkey

This is our youngest furbaby "Hoobasquacker".  She was a rescue - one of the smartest cats I've ever had!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview