Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

TERMINATIONS

Started by busterssugar,

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheater4Life

Libra

I am only playing in uncensored rooms from now on.  I'm putting in my profile that anyone who sends me a forward gets reported.  I'm also telling people to ask me prior to putting me on their friend's list.  Apparently, the chick I reported for the forward yesterday added me one day when we were chatting in a room.  I don't remember her so she must have not have made much of an impression.  I'm also putting up that disclaimer Tara has.  I'm keeping chat off today, because in the mood I'm in, I'm liable to tell Jesus to go eff himself. 

Lib in 08'  :*

fiz

hades

Sassy

Quote from: busterssugar on June 14, 2006, 09:05:51 AM
ok everyone...update...still no account...and now when u try to sign on it says disabbled...she is fighting it and its taking forever..does anyone know if they will reverse it...she was reported for saying "chink"...dont know what that is...she thought she said chick...this is completely insane...and they even charged her for her renewal fee int he meantime!!!!....any help or info would be more than helpful....thanks everyone....!!!

Chink is a derogatory term for A chinese person - or at least thats what it is here in Canada.

:;'

nanners

that was a 'typo' she meant to say chick.

crazy_

your right it is insane... that seals the deal for me ... no more chatting at all will have chat turned off. 

Sassy

Quote from: nanners on June 16, 2006, 03:56:35 AM
that was a 'typo' she meant to say chick.

but even as a typo people get really touchy and report for the slighest infraction.  Its a sin that she's been suspended or banned for a typo but thats pogo for ya  >:((  >:((

flgal

sure does suck not being able to chat anymore!

Mary

if she still has her badges and all in her acct. they have`nt terminated her yet but if badges are gone then good luck ..tryin to get them to answer you they say they don`t have to tell you nothing it is in the rules  >:((

Mr. Scandalous

Quote from: Sassy on June 16, 2006, 03:34:51 AM
Quote from: busterssugar on June 14, 2006, 09:05:51 AM
ok everyone...update...still no account...and now when u try to sign on it says disabbled...she is fighting it and its taking forever..does anyone know if they will reverse it...she was reported for saying "chink"...dont know what that is...she thought she said chick...this is completely insane...and they even charged her for her renewal fee int he meantime!!!!....any help or info would be more than helpful....thanks everyone....!!!

Chink is a derogatory term for A chinese person - or at least thats what it is here in Canada.

Me and a friend of mine used to call each other chink because we would make fun of this asian girl who didn't have eyebrows... we were using it only because all the asians we have seen have fake eyebrows or none at all, not in a derogatory nature as it's meant. It was funny - no disrespect to any asians here.  :)

And also for the uncensored rooms, I saw this in CP news today:

"Ms. Netiquette,

I am an adult and know the uncensored rooms can get pretty wild but are you allow to violate the TOS in uncensored rooms by telling racist jokes? I know I can mute the chat or change rooms but I just wanted to know if you have any rules for those rooms? I wouldn't want to break any rules and can't seem to find an answer on your site.

Yours from Playing by the Rules

Dear Playing by the Rules,

Racist jokes are considered hate speech. Hate speech is a violation of our Terms of Service and whether it takes place in a regular chat room or an uncensored chat room, it is grounds for an immediate account closure.

The only difference between a regular chat room and an uncensored chat room is that in an uncensored room it is accepted that one might see some "salty" language. However, all the other rules still apply."

I know that applies to racism, but some people take things beyond what they're intended and can make it seem like racism.

Guess we aren't safe anywhere.

daisy

I recently recieved an email from pogo tellling me my account has been permently terminated due to excessive scrolling. How does one scroll excessively? (LOL) I'm baffled that my account has been terminated for scrolling, I have been suspended in the past for bad use of language, I served my punishment>>> 72 hours suspension...
Now I'm waiting for pogo to respond, (i'm sure it will be a while)
What I find funny is pogo has no problem accepting your money for there club , and there premium badges, But when pogo has gliches on there end and there service is down for several hours Pogo is not offering you anything for your dollar.
Does anyone know of a class action law suit against pogo?
Does anyone know of someone being terminated and getting there membership back?
Any insight would help.
0:

crazy_

Quote from: daisy on September 02, 2006, 04:54:19 PM
I recently recieved an email from pogo tellling me my account has been permently terminated due to excessive scrolling. How does one scroll excessively? (LOL) I'm baffled that my account has been terminated for scrolling, I have been suspended in the past for bad use of language, I served my punishment>>> 72 hours suspension...
Now I'm waiting for pogo to respond, (i'm sure it will be a while)
What I find funny is pogo has no problem accepting your money for there club , and there premium badges, But when pogo has gliches on there end and there service is down for several hours Pogo is not offering you anything for your dollar.
Does anyone know of a class action law suit against pogo?
Does anyone know of someone being terminated and getting there membership back?
Any insight would help.
0:

excessive scrolling?  :))  sorry but I can't help it.... that is scraping the bottom of the barrel.  All I can think of is they mean "flooding"  as in constant chatter on the chat screen ...

daisy

This is the exact email I had recieved minus my screen name of course >>> Your Electronic Arts Online account has been permanently terminated
from the Electronic Arts Online service for violating the Terms of
Service. The account will no longer be accessible in any way, and all
property, items, and characters associated currently are or will soon be
deleted.

Account Violations:
09/02/2006 (my screen name here) :[EXCESSIVE SCROLLING]
18:36:35 \8'\8'\8'\8'    >>>> the  8' 8'  is a chat emotion pogo gives to you to use....
I'm am in tears laughing, because of there terms of termination

Tara

Sorry to hear that.  You must of gotten in trouble one to many times?   How many times have you been in trouble?

xx_mandy_xx

Quote from: Tara on September 02, 2006, 05:17:33 PM
Sorry to hear that.  You must of gotten in trouble one to many times?   How many times have you been in trouble?

ya i agree...did you get a warning about it first or about something else?

daisy

I served time ;:" in the past(<72 hours suspension) for use of bad language in 2005. After that I pretty much kept quiet and turned my chat off. Recently turned my chat back on and  I was playing backgammon on 9/2 06 and was making pogos little emotions in the game I was in the middle of playing..... Guess the other person didnt like it so she/he reported me for excessive scrolling..... :oo..So I was booted and to no avail been Banned from Pogo land forever... :o. Just checked on my sisters CP My Badges, Tokens, and Profile all gone... :'((.Guess Pogo didnt need me.... :))) ........Now I'm gonna search the internet to see if there are others like me maybe I might come across a few who knows maybe I can start a Class action lawsuit against pogo......Funny thing is my credit card was charged today for the membership.......wonder how long pogo will fight my credit card company when I give them a call to stop the charge......
I will keep all interseted in what I come across and what pogo may have to say.
Thanks  8)

nightperson

keep the ban so you may email to ur cc company so they will take it off your statement i dont every talk are replay to anything but a friend was bad for good for not answering any1 they told pogo she was using auto and she dont
pogo may be doing to many and may lose alot of ppl by banning them for good that is alot of money out of there cash flow it is not right

wattsmyname

sonya679

thats stupid. how can someone report you if they dont ask you to quit?  >:(( I would be po'ed thats ridiculous to report you if they never even said, hey can you quit that? im offended. or something! i would be very mad.  >>:D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview