Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

On Tape: Rep Won't Let Customer Quit AOL

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

damian666

I had this exact same problem with them. I will never use AOL ever, even for just the connection. :oo

hades

ABlondieInAz

Mr. Scandalous

God, I would've unleashed on his ass! The guy was about to, you could tell in his voice.

That's why I've never used the free trial for 6 months of AOL because of that... luckily I just deleted it!

purpledragonx7

Oh my!!!  I work in a call center and I would have been FIRED if I ever treated a customer that way!!  My husband had problems canceling our AOL account but nothing like this.

Tara

Thats AOL for you. I had a bad trying to quit experience with them also.

nanners

Torn2pieces

That's how AOL operates. I got rid of them years ago.  They nag you to keep their lowsy internet. I'm so tired of getting their stupid cd's in my mailbox.

I canceled them and they kept charging me. I got so furious and took action.....

There's way too much competition for them and what I pay for my DSL is alot cheaper.

Beachy1956

I have never personally had a problem with AOL.  I still have them only because I,  now as of 2 years ago...don't pay a dime for any of their services...I jewed them down so much...
All i use them now for is email and to double browse using their browser and firefox..
If I do ever have a problem with them in the future for any reason ..my uninstall button works well and so does my system restore...
When I did see that video I was so appalled and if I was ever treated that way .OMG that company had better watch out..cuz i can be a real biatch when it comes to that sort of thing and I could make their life a living night mare...

hades

just depends on who you get on the phone when you call them.

~WickedAce~

OMG This is too funny, I myself also had this same issue with them on Tuesday this week.  I had to tell the lady just like the video "What part of cancel my account dont  you understand"  I told her that if she can't do it or won't do it then transfer me to someone that will.  She was like well you have a few more months, I just gave you 2 extra months free, and I was like no lady I dont want your service...lol  And then she says I have it free till the end of the month and I dont want that either I told her.  I call today to make sure that they did cancel my account and low and behold I have 2 months free, just like I said I dont want!  >:((

ArmyWife

Quote from: STEPH on June 22, 2006, 10:19:14 AM
OMG This is too funny, I myself also had this same issue with them on Tuesday this week.  I had to tell the lady just like the video "What part of cancel my account dont  you understand"  I told her that if she can't do it or won't do it then transfer me to someone that will.  She was like well you have a few more months, I just gave you 2 extra months free, and I was like no lady I dont want your service...lol  And then she says I have it free till the end of the month and I dont want that either I told her.  I call today to make sure that they did cancel my account and low and behold I have 2 months free, just like I said I dont want!  >:((

That is ridiculous!  I have never dealt with them but AOL sounds like they suck!  >:((

Libra

I've been quiting twice a year for a long time now. They keep giving me six months free. I haven't paid for AOL in years.  LMAO! 

RowdyOne

i just listened to that call and that guy sounds like the same jerk that wouldnt let me cancel, and to think i thought dealing or putting up with Aol's DSL people was bad what  was i thinking lol their nothing but a money hungry company.

nightperson

i have never use them i heard so many bad thing so i took there bad nameing and never call them are dl it i tell every1 :ooo that was a  >>:D on the phone the rep i mean me i would just called back over and over till they game me some1 to get ride of the aol :>

damian666

WHen I called to cancel my service, the lady pulled the same crap. After 10 minutes I told her to F*** Off and hung up. The next day I received an email stating the the service was cancelled. So I didn't even have to listen to the 10 minutes if BS.  :'((

zo!D

aol was my first isp... i cancelled the account a few weeks after i got it haha. i do remember them asking me alot of lame questions about why im cancelling then asking me to take a survey to improve customer service (LOL). and just a bunch of bs questions.

but if they gave me the kind of run around like they did this guy, i wouldve went to the damn press aswell, and shown people how screwed aol is.

JENNY28

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview