Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

On Tape: Rep Won't Let Customer Quit AOL

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby

thats AOL for ya, i got lucky a few years back, they actually cancelled it on me, got sbc yahoo dsl now O0

bubblegum

Okay, just have to comment on this.  I had AOL a few years back.  I wanted to cancel and go to DSL.  Long story short, they wouldn't cancel.  We were moving anyway, and had to change banks and they were taking money out of our checking account.  So after the umpteenth time of trying to cancel, we gave up, closed our account, opened up a new one at another bank in our new town.  Got several letters from them after that point saying if we came back they would give us so many months free.  We used them to start fires in our fireplace.

Tara

ClingFree

So I read this thread, listened to the tape - My Gramps is getting ready to disconnect his AOL, and Im a lil nervous for him. Altho Gramps is a pretty dang fiesty 81 yr old Irishman ... When a telemarketer called this past weekend he said "You dont know me well enough to call me by my first name" and hung up on the guy. I couldnt stop laughin.

Tara

So you think Gramps can handle them?  They are tough ones about that quitting crap.

ClingFree

Quote from: Tara on June 22, 2006, 05:10:51 PM
So you think Gramps can handle them?  They are tough ones about that quitting crap.

I hope so. He is pretty damn fiesty.

Libra

Can't you do it online?  Just cancel your account?  I always just called them and got my six months free and at the end of six months, called them again, got another free six months, etc., etc. 

Tara

Quote from: Libra on June 22, 2006, 05:14:46 PM
Can't you do it online?  Just cancel your account?  I always just called them and got my six months free and at the end of six months, called them again, got another free six months, etc., etc. 

Well with your voice I'm sure they just gave you what you wanted.  :)) :))

Libra

Quote from: Tara on June 22, 2006, 05:16:15 PM
Quote from: Libra on June 22, 2006, 05:14:46 PM

Well with your voice I'm sure they just gave you what you wanted.  :)) :))

Yeah, well.. Don't work when you're calling Raag in India!

Gecko

Dont pay your bill see how long it takes for em to disown you  :)))  >>:D

Tara

Quote from: Gecko on June 22, 2006, 05:38:53 PM

Gecko? <excuse me I just burped>  Do you know what <excuse me again>  AOL is?

Gecko

Quote from: Tara on June 22, 2006, 05:40:54 PM

maybe i should of read whole topic i was thinkink as well as a browser and im   AOhell was an isp as well  :/o\  i just woke up plsy excusey me for being dumb bum of a morn   :/o\

Tara

Quote from: Gecko on June 22, 2006, 05:45:02 PM
Quote from: Tara on June 22, 2006, 05:40:54 PM

maybe i should of read whole topic i was thinkink as well as a browser and im   AOhell was an isp as well  :/o\  i just woke up plsy excusey me for being dumb bum of a morn   :/o\

Gawd!! Sometimes it does help to read the whole topic, but hey todays Thursday, don't worry about it. It's trash talking thursday.

irisheyesRsmiling

OMFG--this is the exact same thing i went thru with AOL for 3 friggin months before they let me cancel. what the hell is wrong with AOL??? they are freaks!!! :pp :pp

hades

RowdyOne

I wished you could cancel aol on line it would be a heck of alot easier then having to put up with those airheads. i did look all over the account area for a cancellation thing but they have it where you HAVE to call them and cancel which is why alot of their customers call them AOLHe"Double"L.

Gecko

Libra

You can get your AOL account cancelled either through phone, US mail or fax.

To Cancel Your AOL® Membership Over the Phone, all you need to do is call up AOL® Member Services at 1-888-265-8008. You can speak to our representatives to get your account cancelled. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

To Cancel Your AOL Membership Though U.S. Mail
You can request the cancellation of your AOL account through the U.S. mail. Just send your request to:

AOL
PO BOX 17100
Jacksonville, FL 32245-7100

To Cancel Your AOL Membership Though Fax
If you prefer sending in your request through fax, please send it to us at 1-703-433-7283.

Notes:

If you choose to write or fax us, please include a brief note stating the nature of your request, the primary billing contact's full name, phone number, address and handwritten signature.
In addition to that, for account security purpose please provide any one of the following:

The master screen name of the AOL account
The last four digits of the current method of payment (for your security, please include only the last four digits)
The answer to the account security question of the master screen name.
Cancellation will take effect within 72 hours of receipt of your request and AOL will send you a written confirmation. Please note that AOL LLC reserves the right to charge and collect fees, surcharges or costs incurred before your cancellation takes effect. Thank you for using AOL.

hades

aol may be bad.but there are still plenty that are far worse.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview