PlayBuddy
September 18, 2024, 09:49:35 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Watch All The TV You Want -- For $7,500 Per Year

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Satellite television provider DirectTV is promoting what might be described as the ultimate gift for the TV-obsessed couch potato.

The downside is that it costs $7,500 per year.

The company's new "Titanium" package offers subscribers every channel available through the company. That includes every movie, every sporting event, every pay-per-view, along with every HDTV channel, 10 digital video recorders and a special 24-hour concierge service.

The service launches June 28 and Direct TV is taking subscription requests through a special page on their Web site.

http://titanium.directv.com/
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

bobby

Tara

I saw the fine print at the bottom and with it saying:

Membership is reserved for a select few. Titanium is available for one yearly payment of $7,500. Available 6/28/06.

First not everyone is going to get it, only a select few and I wonder if you pay $7,500 every year or just one year?
Even if you do get everything for one year that's not going to be that much.

What would you do with 10 DVR's?  I have 4 TV's but not 10!! 

nanners

Yinz know what P.T. Barnum said.. there will be a lot of people get it thinking they got a 'deal'..uh huh,,right...I'll get right on that one  :))

IndianLover

I have Direct TV but geesh I am not a couch potato, and would never even consider that. I am to much of a computer chair potato lol.

hades

well its not too bad. i pay about half that a year with no ppv so i guess all them ppvs would bring it up.

swissmissy63

I wouldn't get it. . . I have the $100.00 package and I can't get half the sports channels where I live. They would have to guarantee that I would have no blackout channels  :oo

Blu

I'd buy it, because you get every PPV...Movies, Boxing, UFC, WWE, etc.

a-dhold

actually its not that bad....in the right circumstance

$7500 / 10 dvr's = $750 / 12 months = $62.50 so if i had a bed and breakfast or other location (sportsbar) where i could put 10 tv's it would not be that bad of a deal. 

in the bed and breakfast example - the $62.50 / 8 weekend days a month = $7.81 price increase per room to the boarder.

in the sportsbar example think about when there are few events on - replaying the recorded games on some of the tv's for the customers.

for a business it looks like a good deal

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview