PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:47:18 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Warning for people who use HAND pump weedkilers

Started by slidecage2222,

Previous topic - Next topic

slidecage2222

Weedkiller sprayer warning (carefull they seem to keep the charge)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My parents just got one of these Weedkillers with a hand pump sprayer. Well they hooked it into the bottle and started to squeeze the sprayer and nothing came out. I took the thing and squeezed it a few times and nothing worked. So we thought it was broken. We put it down and used the bottle to fill another sprayer we got. ARound 10 mins later i picked up the pump sprayer and started to look at it trying to figure out why it didnt work.

ON the little plastic thing i saw wrote real little. ( foam, spray ect.) so i thought maybe they didnt turn the little knob. As soon as i turn the knob BOOM the weed killer stuff comes spraying out smacking right into my hand and splashing all over my shirt and got a little bit on my face.

There should be a warrning on these bottles saying these hand pumpers keep their charge Cause if this was an older person and they had it up closer to their face , this poison could very easily went into their eyes.

This is the 3rd one we had AND i never had one that kept the pressure charge up in it before and it scared the hell out of me when it exploded out like that.....

So just a little heads up to all the people who uses these. Even if you havent used them in a while That pressure might still be in the pump and could Fly out without warning

I called up the number on the bottle and the  person on the other end  had no clue that item held its pressure like that and said they will pass the info along to the higher ups and   maybe get it on the warrning label

IGottaWinSometime

ROFL  :)) :)) :))  Sorry I couldn't help but laugh  but you are right they should keep a warning on them.

hades

lostinpogoland

your so right my dad would have had to hold it close to read it >:((

janet

Mine has a knob on it that you pull and it releases all of the pressure in the tank.  I used to just unscrew the plunger to release the pressure. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview