PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:55:34 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Gas Station leased out from under us......

Started by Kelly,

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

An Indian (Hindu) man leased the gas station last Thursday.....we got the news THAT morning from the company who owns it....needless to say myself and the manager were completely shocked!!
They asked us to please stay and show him the "ropes" which we tryed Thursday and til noon Friday then we all just left (went to the bar....lol...to lick our wounds). It was so sad....he wanted us to stay and work practically for free....big pay cuts......we busted our butts all day and went outside one time for a smoke break while it was slow and the guy comes out n says something about it.......OMG we knew right then it wasn't going to work.....
I am not the type of worker who sits around with my thumb up my butt watching the clock I busy myself all day with cleaning the place while tending the register also and this guy doesn't want us to have a quick smoke break!!!
UNREAL.....also he couldn't even open the safe I wrote the combo down and step by step how to open it and then I watch him trying to do it....HE DOESNT KNOW HIS NUMBERS!!!
so anyway the other company district manager totally understood how we felt....not goin to work with this guy standin there starin at us all day long and unable to work the safe or the ATM or the register because he doesn't know NUMBERS.....so they told use to sign up(unemployment) after the 4th and they will call us maybe with work in another store near by OR if the new guy doesn't MAKE it go at the station we can go back but this could take months...
I am SOOOO bummed out....my bubble was burst bigtime.....I am NOT a prejudiced person BUT
I DO NOT LIKE THIS MAN ONE BIT!!
mind you I live in a very country/hicky area and over half our customers said they will not be back after finding out what happened so who knows how this will play out....this is the reason for all the recent drinking I have been doing also (Tara I know you noticed and have probably wondered)
I didnt want to say anything at first because I WAS so proud and now I feel like the biggest loser ever....but there it is.

hubby says NOT to worry it was just MY own spending cash I worked for BUT I really loved the job and made ALOT of friends there.....I am angry,sad,depressed,angry,hungover,let down,did I mention angry plus I have way too much time on my hands now and I hate it.....

foxx

Quote from: KsArt on July 04, 2006, 09:50:38 AM

I didnt want to say anything at first because I WAS so proud and now I feel like the biggest loser ever....but there it is.

hubby says NOT to worry it was just MY own spending cash I worked for BUT I really loved the job and made ALOT of friends there.....I am angry,sad,depressed,angry,hungover,let down,did I mention angry plus I have way too much time on my hands now and I hate it.....

You are not the biggest loser ever!  You had nothing to do with the buy-out...you had no control over it!  You worked hard, got yourself a promotion and raise before this all happened...so you should still be proud of yourself. 

I can understand and empathize with you about all the feelings you are having.  People think grieving only happens when there is a death, but really?  People do (and should) go through the grieving process with every major life change. 

Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
Anger (why is this happening to me?)
Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
Depression (I don't care anymore)
Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)

What I am trying to say is, what you are feeling is normal and good!  Eventually, you will get to acceptance.  Then you will realize that you have a good work ethic and would be a valuable asset to another company/store/agency.

Is there a career or educational goal that you have always wanted to pursue...but didn't think you could for whatever reason?  Well, this might just be the time to finally do it. 

Good luck to you Kelly.

Lynne

Aww I'm sorry to hear that Kelly. It sucks I know. But things happen for a reason and maybe this buy-out was God (or whoever you believe in) way of telling you this wasn't the right job for you. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but you will find something better, hopefully soon.

Kelly

Lynne, Foxx thanks for the words of encouragement....Foxx you should seriously think about a career in counseling (your a sweetheart...you made me feel much better  ;D )

I have taken a few community college courses in the past...Pharmacy Tech. and I also have a specialized diploma for microsoft office

At my age I really didn't think I wanted a career anymore but now I am thinking about going back to school for a short medical billing course....I was a nurses aide for years but that is just to physical for me now but having a good knowledge of medical wording I think would be a plus for the medical billing field....it is an idea I am knocking around....I am living in a different county now but the community college is not far from me...about 20 minutes
If I can find a 6 months or less course I think I might take it....of course the hubby says "Do it"

I am hoping I can sign up while going to school and maybe even get on a payment plan since I am laid-off....I'll think on it some more and let you know what I am going to do...thanks again you two you really put it into perspective for me...Lynne I think you are also right on the money about God letting me know it wasn't where he wants me to be  O0

foxx

You are very welcome, Kelly. 

Chase your dreams, sista...its never too late!

Tara

So sorry to hear that Kelly. I knew you were excited because of the promotion and more "bingo and drinking" money. Everything happens for a reason sweetie and something better will happen to you ( like win the big bingo coverall)  :))) You can do anything you set your mind to doing.  And you're right I did notice all the drinking.  :o
:-*

justahumping

dang (((((KsArt)))))  so sorry to hear about your job, you will find a better one so dont worry bout it.   <3

hades

Mr. Scandalous

Wow, this is so similar to my dad's loss. He got a promotion and a raise, then had some scheming, conniving idiots come in and he was fired... so we might have to move. Hope you don't have to. It's hard finding certain jobs.

Sorry to hear about that, though. You'll do good whatever you happen to do next!

Kelly

Thanks everyone.....I'm still thinking about what I am going to do....there will be no moving ...my hubby earns the REAL money...lol.

The up side is I cleaned the heck out of 2 rooms in the house so far....6 more to go then, to the outside......uuuggggghhhhh!!!

hades

Kelly

Quote from: hades on July 06, 2006, 12:39:13 AM
sounds like a lot of work.

yep it is and i need it right now.....we just got our final pay checks today and of course the company screwed us.........I NEED A DRINK!!

hades

Kelly

Quote from: hades on July 06, 2006, 09:29:07 PM
what kind of drink?

an Itchy bitchy smelly nelly....yes it is an actual drink....quite tasty too

Tara

Quote from: KsArt on July 06, 2006, 07:57:25 PM
Quote from: hades on July 06, 2006, 12:39:13 AM
sounds like a lot of work.

yep it is and i need it right now.....we just got our final pay checks today and of course the company screwed us.........I NEED A DRINK!!

Sorry to hear that about your check, but I had to laugh at you saying you need in drink in caps.

:))
Quote from: KsArt on July 07, 2006, 12:05:20 AM
Quote from: hades on July 06, 2006, 09:29:07 PM
what kind of drink?

an Itchy bitchy smelly nelly....yes it is an actual drink....quite tasty too

Then the name of your drink... :)) 

She's cussing and turning into more than a social drinker.  :ooo

hades

Kelly

Its ok Tara....I was just in a cranky mood yesterday.....what I really need is a JOB...I'm off to the unemployment page to see if I can sign up for a while (I'm gonna need drinkin money ain't I?)...lol...just kidding...I am drinking soda tonight and just gonna chill and listen to some karaoke....there will prolly be a lot of giggling goin on tonight ....giggling is good for the soul!!

Tara

Quote from: KsArt on July 07, 2006, 09:45:25 AM
Its ok Tara....I was just in a cranky mood yesterday.....what I really need is a JOB...I'm off to the unemployment page to see if I can sign up for a while (I'm gonna need drinkin money ain't I?)...lol...just kidding...I am drinking soda tonight and just gonna chill and listen to some karaoke....there will prolly be a lot of giggling goin on tonight ....giggling is good for the soul!!

First you needed Bingo money, now it's drinking money.  :oo 
I'm just kidding. Have fun tonight.

wattsmyname

Hope everything works out for you. It's rough starting over in a new job.

hades

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview