PlayBuddy
July 06, 2024, 08:45:09 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

M$ Releasing later this year the Ultimate Keyboard (for windows Vista )

Started by Gecko,

Previous topic - Next topic

Gecko

if anyones interested this is the keyboard of the future  from microsoft..... :pp
  the keyboard looks cool   , price could  be  big feature in if  we get It or not  so  far no price mentioned  lol there proberly working out a way to say u  can't do w/out this for the price of $  :o
                      notice your windows key is under space bar   

Microsoft's hardware division is developing a slim wireless keyboard that will make it easier for users to access Windows Live services and features in its Windows Vista OS.

Dubbed the Ultimate Keyboard, it will be announced later this year as part of a desktop package, said a source familiar with Microsoft's plans. The system will come with a wireless laser mouse, the source said.

A Windows Live Call button will provide one-touch access to a list of Windows Live Messenger buddies online to initiate a videoconference or chat session. Pressing the button will automatically log a user into Windows Live Messenger and open a list of contacts currently online.

A Gadgets button will provide similar access to Gadgets in Windows Vista, mini-applications that appear on the computer screen to display things such as news, sports and weather information.

The ergonomic keyboard includes a round button at the bottom — below the space bar — that initiates the Start menu of Vista or Windows XP, the source said. It supersedes the Start menu buttons traditionally found next to Alt buttons on a keyboard.

Ultimate Keyboard's keys will be backlit, and their illumination will be adjusted based on surrounding light and proximity of users, the source said. The keys will light up if the room is dark or if a user is close by.

A dock will be included with the desktop package to charge the keyboard and mouse simultaneously from a computer's USB port. The keyboard and mouse will come with built-in batteries. The cordless keyboard and mouse will communicate wirelessly with a computer within a 30-foot range using Bluetooth.

Microsoft is developing a stable of hardware products to promote the use of Windows Live services. Last month it launched two videoconferencing webcams, LifeCam VX-6000 and LifeCam VX-3000, to ease videoconferencing with Windows Live Messenger and create photo blog entries on Microsoft's Windows Live Spaces community site.

An online teaser for the keyboard can be found online
   Experience it first, here         http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/ultimatekeyboard/docs/Hardware_RELEASE_062206.html          <---URL is sound and video  so if u have a slow connection it may load slower     
   looks impressive  wonder what the cost will be  ,  main thing hope the gadget  parts in it include autos   :pp

mods  pls remove post if you think its not valuable infomation

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

wattsmyname

Gecko

Quote from: wattsmyname on July 07, 2006, 07:10:24 PM
key board looks good,  O0  but I need a number pad  :-X
they might sell inflatable hands with 10 fingers on it as optional extras lol  :))) 

wattsmyname

Quote from: Gecko on July 07, 2006, 07:41:48 PM
Quote from: wattsmyname on July 07, 2006, 07:10:24 PM
key board looks good,  O0  but I need a number pad  :-X
they might sell inflatable hands with 10 fingers on it as optional extras lol  :))) 

Thats just what I need  :))

Mr. Scandalous

Gecko

i reckon it all looks cool  even the keyboard   , just hope our auto,s work when the change over to vista  actually occurs   ,  Ive seen vista beta  2  d/loads  not sure what thats about  but  'm not  testing there new OS systems  ,  lets hope new OS is more secure than  xp  OS  ,
says keyboard works with xp i think i saw somewhere in list of things it can do .
Ive got web TV connection via dial up  it came with digital set top box   has usb ports but pic quality isn't the best  so i don't use it much at all ,   
but getting back with topic     as i said keyboard looks cool but  at what cost i wonder 
as for numbers it proberly has a key or button u press to bring up calculator    who knows  with M$  :/o\

Mr. Scandalous

Why do you need a new keyboard? You can simply upgrade your system to Vista when it comes out and use your same computer. If that's not the case, I wasted $800 on a new computer that won't even be a year old by the time Vista is released.

Gecko

Quote from: Mr. Scandalous on July 07, 2006, 09:11:16 PM
Why do you need a new keyboard? You can simply upgrade your system to Vista when it comes out and use your same computer. If that's not the case, I wasted $800 on a new computer that won't even be a year old by the time Vista is released.
theres  a new M$ tag that comes under Ur xp windows  tag/Logo,  the new pc,s  now should say  vista ready   ,
heres  a link  to  download a checklist it checks Ur PC to see what u need to do to make it vista ready or u may not have to do anything  , theres  diff versions of vista  and  this tester  checker lets u know what ones best suited to your current PC  and what upgrades u need if any
heres link  its a 3 mbs approx d/l 
BTW  this PC is suited to vista  home  prem   it says .

hers link   

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor/default.mspx

Mr. Scandalous

Thank you! I downloaded that link and scanned my system and it's ready for Vista, but the only feature it won't hold is the Windows Aero and I think it's pretty neat, so I'll probably get it.

Gecko

Quote from: Mr. Scandalous on July 07, 2006, 10:59:19 PM
Thank you! I downloaded that link and scanned my system and it's ready for Vista, but the only feature it won't hold is the Windows Aero and I think it's pretty neat, so I'll probably get it.
nps  it does look good  , but i might wait for a bit first in case auto,s wont work with the new OS system  ,    and they iron out what bugs there are in it   if any  ,
   proberly cost a bit I'm thinking      anyway its  not til end of or close on end of this yr   this PC is close on 18months old  so I'm due for a new PC soon anyways  might buy one with it already installed  , even though this PC holds it as well I'm same as you it wont do the Aero bit but thats not a prob  O0

~Ãutolovér~

Quote from: Gecko on July 07, 2006, 09:55:41 PM
theres  a new M$ tag that comes under Ur xp windows  tag/Logo,  the new pc,s  now should say  vista ready   ,
heres  a link  to  download a checklist it checks Ur PC to see what u need to do to make it vista ready or u may not have to do anything  , theres  diff versions of vista  and  this tester  checker lets u know what ones best suited to your current PC  and what upgrades u need if any

hers link   

Ran that test.....my Pc is ready~!  8)

Gecko

Quote from: ~Ãutolovér~ on July 08, 2006, 01:17:12 AM
Quote from: Gecko on July 07, 2006, 09:55:41 PM

hers link   

Ran that test.....my Pc is ready~!  8)
glad to hear it sweetie pie    ,  i'll buy us both a   new pc with windows vista installed already anyway  because if ur pc is about 18 mnths old now,  by end of yr  will be due for upgrade  anyways  , love you babes   :-*     ~!~

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview