PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:39:21 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bounce isn't just for Dryers!

Started by crazy_,

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy_

(One never knows when this could come in handy)

My mail carrier told me that the US Postal service sent out a 
message to all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow-jackets away.

Use them all the time when playing baseball and soccer. I use it 
when  I am working outside. It really works. The yellow jackets just veer around you.

1.  All this time you've just been putting Bounce in the dryer! It
will  chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. It also repels mice.

2. Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle. 

3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get 
opened too often.

4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop 
when outdoors during mosquito season.

5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) 
screen. 

6. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe 
your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.

7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of 
Bounce. 

8. To freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet of 
Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.

9. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner. 

10.  Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.

11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce 
inside empty luggage before storing.

12. To freshen the air in your car - Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.

13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan.  Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.

14. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at 
the bottom of the wastebasket.

15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will 
magnetically attract all the loose hairs.

16. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the 
blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling. 

17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet 
of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.

18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of 
Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.

19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your 
shoes or sneakers overnight.

20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away. 

21.  Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.

Tara

Is this a joke or for real?  Some of them sound for real but some sound kinda fishy.   :;"

Like um #13  :-\

crazy_

Quote from: Tara on July 03, 2006, 06:34:18 AM

Is this a joke or for real?  Some of them sound for real but some sound kinda fishy.   :;"

Like um #13  :-\

LMAO I dunno .. try it and let us know  :))  Actually it is supposed to be for real, but like you, I find that some are kinda just not right. 

Tara

Yea and look at #2.  Like someone's really going to do that. If I see a mouse in my car, I ain't getting back in it. I'm scared to friggen death of them. But I'm not gonna lay dryer sheets all out in my garage. If people park outside there gonna have wet dryer sheets. I guess we have to wait for Clingy to get back, she's an expert on dryer sheets.  :))

* Edited because I can.  >:D

liebe_angel

If you log-on to bounce it will tell you more ways that the dryer sheets will do. I have tried a couple of them and it works...

foxx

Thanks for those!  I am gonna try the mousie ones...

Wonder if it works with ClingFree too...or just bounce? 

If so....Hee!  Clingy is a mouse repellent!  Won't she be excited to learn that fact when she gets back!

Libra

Hmmm.. I wonder if this will work with Cling Free? It'd be kind of hard to fold her up and put her in your pocket.. Or tie her around your belt loop.  And I KNOW she ain't gonna wanna spend the night in a mouse infested car!  :))

hades

Luna

Thanks for posting that crazy_  Not sure if it will really work for mice but I can say that Pepsi, or coke will work for mice problems. It will blow out their necks or stomaches due to the carbination. Not a pretty sight..lol

crazy_

hades

Tara

Quote from: sweetpeach on July 03, 2006, 02:52:56 PM
Thanks for posting that crazy_  Not sure if it will really work for mice but I can say that Pepsi, or coke will work for mice problems. It will blow out their necks or stomaches due to the carbination. Not a pretty sight..lol

OMG Heres my friggen novel story...lmao

I'm scared to death of rats and mice. I can handle spiders and snakes but I can't handle those varmints.  I gotta tell my mouse story. This wasn't to long ago. I was cooking and I saw something run across the floor but it was out of the corner of my eye so I didn't think much about it.  I leave the kitchen and come back and the damn thing was sitting there. It was little but I still started screaming. The effing thing wouldn't even run which made it worse.

I jumped up on the kitchen table chair and was still screaming and it went under the dishwasher. Well I had to get down to get my phone to call my Dad. All of the sudden here comes one from under the stove. I start yelling again and it goes under the dishwasher also. I'm totally freaking out. They friggen come back out and I have my dad on the phone who is not at home. He can't understand me because I'm screaming so bad.
They just stood in the floor looking at me. Here comes another one from under the fridge. Ok now I'm crying and now I'm on the kitchen table because it's higher off the ground. My dad tells me to hit them with a broom, I can't even do that. My dad says he will be there shortly. They kept running all over the kitchen. I lost track of how many so I went outside. I couldn't handle it.

Then I thought oh no, what if they go down the hallway to the bedrooms. I come back in, get on couch, take a piece of wood and started slamming it on the end table for the noise. It didn't faze them at all. My dad sets traps and since they were just friggen running out in the open he watched them run across the traps they didn't weigh enough to get caught. He said they were probably 2 weeks old. He found how they got in. The big ones couldn't get in just the babies. He sealed it up before he knew the traps wouldn't catch them. So now I am really freaking. I got get those glue trap things they run across. Ok now who is going to pick that tray up when we catch one? Not me!!!  Now my daughter is scared because I'm scared of them.

There's a lot more to this, like sitting in the computer room and not even 2 feet from my face one of those mother effin things were crawling up the curtain and I lost it again. I had to call my dad again and I told him that  I was being invaded by friggen rats.  He put some more traps down in other rooms. We ended up catching  6 of those damn things. I couldn't even go in my kitchen because I heard one squeaking on the glue tray. I hate rats. My kid can't even have a hamster.  It took me about a week before I quit looking at the floor and around the corners in my house.

foxx

OMG....You really do hate mice, eh?  You need to find a man who has, say, two or three cats to move in with you. That might help.

:-*

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Tara

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Luna

Quote from: Tara on July 04, 2006, 08:09:58 AM
Quote from: sweetpeach on July 03, 2006, 02:52:56 PM

OMG Heres my friggen novel story...lmao

I'm scared to death of rats and mice. I can handle spiders and snakes but I can't handle those varmints.  I gotta tell my mouse story. This wasn’t to long ago. I was cooking and I saw something run across the floor but it was out of the corner of my eye so I didn’t think much about it.  I leave the kitchen and come back and the damn thing was sitting there. It was little but I still started screaming. The effing thing wouldn’t even run which made it worse.

I jumped up on the kitchen table chair and was still screaming and it went under the dishwasher. Well I had to get down to get my phone to call my Dad. All of the sudden here comes one from under the stove. I start yelling again and it goes under the dishwasher also. I’m totally freaking out. They friggen come back out and I have my dad on the phone who is not at home. He can’t understand me because I’m screaming so bad.
They just stood in the floor looking at me. Here comes another one from under the fridge. Ok now I’m crying and now I’m on the kitchen table because it’s higher off the ground. My dad tells me to hit them with a broom, I can’t even do that. My dad says he will be there shortly. They kept running all over the kitchen. I lost track of how many so I went outside. I couldn’t handle it.

Then I thought oh no, what if they go down the hallway to the bedrooms. I come back in, get on couch, take a piece of wood and started slamming it on the end table for the noise. It didn’t faze them at all. My dad sets traps and since they were just friggen running out in the open he watched them run across the traps they didn’t weigh enough to get caught. He said they were probably 2 weeks old. He found how they got in. The big ones couldn’t get in just the babies. He sealed it up before he knew the traps wouldn’t catch them. So now I am really freaking. I got get those glue trap things they run across. Ok now who is going to pick that tray up when we catch one? Not me!!!  Now my daughter is scared because I’m scared of them.

There’s a lot more to this, like sitting in the computer room and not even 2 feet from my face one of those mother effin things were crawling up the curtain and I lost it again. I had to call my dad again and I told him that  I was being invaded by friggen rats.  He put some more traps down in other rooms. We ended up catching  6 of those damn things. I couldn’t even go in my kitchen because I heard one squeaking on the glue tray. I hate rats. My kid can’t even have a hamster.  It took me about a week before I quit looking at the floor and around the corners in my house.

LOL Tara...you poor thing. Next time try the sodas. It really works

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview