This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

A Way to Get Things Cheap

Started by Libra,

Previous topic - Next topic

Libra

Bubbles was talking in Jackerz about how expensive her nephew's senior pictures were going to be, and I thought I'd share a little tidbit of information with y'all.  If there is an art school around you, USE THEM. 

I once got about 200 pictures of myself in different outfits and locations and stuff by being a guinea pig for some student photographers from the local Art Institute. I'm local students in your area would be glad to do family portraits and things of that nature for a small fee or even free.

Also, I'm going to redecorate my guest bedroom and I want to spend about $1000 (Think House and Garden TV's Design on a Dime) and I don't know where to begin.  I'm consulting with the Art Institute about using my home as a classroom for the students in their last semester of Interior Design.  They'll compete like they would if they were bidding on a "real" client.  The one I chose will get the $1000 and get to decorate the room, and they'll have an entry in their portfolio. 

You can utilize the cooking schools for cheap caterers.  The fashion designers to get a custom outfit for a special occasion, etc. 

I get all my massages CHEAP CHEAP from students at massage institute down here. Same goes for facials, manicures and pedicures.  I can get a massage, facial, manicure and pedicure for $25.  (I don't always do this.. I do go all out sometimes, but the last time I did, it was $220.... BIG difference)

Anyway, become a guinea pig and save some money!  Hey Lynne!  Do you have an art school around you?  You should call around and see.. Maybe you can get one of the students to come take pictures at your wedding!  O0

Lynne

I do in town.. but i got a cheap photographer anyway. One of the gals my fiance works with has loved taking pictures forever. So I'm giving her 150 cash, I'm buying my own memory card and a couple rolls of film, and feeding her. not too shabby, I'd say. I don't even care that she isn't professional or anything you know, this wedding is very laid back and such that I couldn't see spending 1000 or more just on pictures. Plus everyone are "big" eaters so of course we are spending more money on the reception.

Tara

Another to way to get things cheap is hang around with Foxxy. She gets gas for .23 a gallon.  :))  Gas went up 2 more cents here today.  >:D

I had to break down and turn the AC on in the car, because it's so hot here today. So we just used 5.00 worth of gas going 1 mile.  :)) 

Libra

Quote from: Tara on July 18, 2006, 12:29:20 PM

Another to way to get things cheap is hang around with Foxxy. She gets gas for .23 a gallon.  :))  Gas went up 2 more cents here today.  >:D

I had to break down and turn the AC on in the car, because it's so hot here today. So we just used 5.00 worth of gas going 1 mile.  :)) 

Plus, Foxxy has $900 in food and Aquafina...   :))

Tara

Quote from: Libra on July 18, 2006, 12:45:09 PM

LMAO! It's $800 in food and $100 in drugs and the water..lmao  We can eat,drink and not feel a thing!!

Libra

Quote from: Tara on July 18, 2006, 12:47:08 PM

LMAO! It's $800 in food and $100 in drugs and the water..lmao  We can eat,drink and not feel a thing!!

:)) :))

Oh yeah!  I forgot about the drugs! 

Yup! Free food, drugs, water and cheap gas!  :D

foxx

>:D  Imma bargain hunter!  Shuup! 

:-*

foxx

Oh chit!  You shuup too!

Libra

Quote from: foxx on July 18, 2006, 01:00:03 PM

Oh chit!  You shuup too!

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I know I can get about 6 dozen eggs outta T's meatloaf..  :))

Lynne

foxx

Quote from: Libra on July 18, 2006, 01:03:22 PM

Oh chit!  You shuup too!

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I know I can get about 6 dozen eggs outta T's meatloaf..  :))

lmao...and with the money you save on eggs, you can have 6 cases of Aquafina too! 
hee!

Tara

Oh chit!  You shuup too!

You witch !!   :))

Libra

Quote from: Tara on July 18, 2006, 01:07:37 PM

Oh chit!  You shuup too!

You witch !!   :))

LMAO!  Y'all ain't never gonna live that down, yanno....  :))

Tara

If anyone is interested in size 6 shoes and tons of purses, I have a friend Nicole that get them really cheap for you in Florida.  :-*

Libra

Quote from: Tara on July 18, 2006, 01:28:23 PM
If anyone is interested in size 6 shoes and tons of purses, I have a friend Nicole that get them really cheap for you in Florida.  :-*

:o

My roommate is stealing my chit and selling it, ain't she?   >:D

SexySagittarian

I am laughing my azz off so hard I ain't neva gonna get to sleep so I can get up and go to the doctors tomorrow. :)) :))

justahumping

Quote from: Libra on July 18, 2006, 01:30:40 PM
My roommate is stealing my chit and selling it, ain't she?   >:D

Now that was funny!  BUSTED

Gecko

its a wonder your not selling me your pc  cheats forum paper   lol hey giving u ideas  aint i ~!~  :)))

Tara

:o  What was your first clue?

hades

Quote from: Tara on July 19, 2006, 08:55:48 AM

:o  What was your first clue?

lol she found her bed in her roomies room.  :-X

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview