PlayBuddy
September 17, 2024, 01:52:00 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Mozilla or Mozilla Firefox - Opinions please!

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

I have used them both, like them both, but for some reason I went with Mozilla.  I'd like to hear what everyone's opinion is, why so many here choose Firefox over regular Mozilla.  Is it 'lighter', easier to use and less problems?
Thanks!!!

Gecko

i thought they were both the same  i find mozzilla firefox  works best and is quicker for me in pogo    hope iv been of  some help BTW this post will proberly get moved to tech support so dont panic if its moved  O0

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Gecko on July 30, 2006, 09:38:55 AM
i thought they were both the same  i find mozzilla firefox  works best and is quicker for me in pogo    hope iv been of  some help BTW this post will proberly get moved to tech support so dont panic if its moved  O0

They are not exactly the same - I once heard that Firegfox is a 'lighter' version of Mozilla which is fine for me, but I wasn't sure.

I wasn't sure where to post it, but figured since it wasn't a tech 'support' question per se, it would be okay here.
I will keep checking and THANK YOU for your post. 
Thank you again, and I'll look in both places.  I'm still kinda new at this. :)

BTW, I enjoy your posts.  :)

foxx

I had no idea that there was a Mozilla browser that wasn't Firefox...
You've stumped me on this one.  I have been using Firefox for about a year and I adore it. 

crazy_

Quote from: foxx on July 30, 2006, 10:11:32 AM
I had no idea that there was a Mozilla browser that wasn't Firefox...
You've stumped me on this one.  I have been using Firefox for about a year and I adore it. 

um isn't mozilla Netscape?  least I thought it was.  I use firefox and ie both and prefer firefox over mozilla

Tara

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Tara on July 30, 2006, 10:53:42 AM

I'm with Foxxy, I thought it was the same thing.

I'm not 100% sure of all the differences, and perhaps it's because Mozilla uses Netscape?  I don't know.  I do have all of my homepages set to msn, on mozilla, ie and firefox.  Basically what I was wondering was, is Firefox a smaller program maybe?  I know that there are more preference options available on my Mozilla page... is that because it's Netscape?  If they are the same thing, why are they called different things and why are the files themselves different?  Hmmmmmmm.......  well, see... that's why I came here to ask the experts!  I'm learning something new ;)

crazy_

Quote from: ABraveLady on July 30, 2006, 11:10:44 AM
Quote from: Tara on July 30, 2006, 10:53:42 AM

I'm with Foxxy, I thought it was the same thing.

I'm not 100% sure of all the differences, and perhaps it's because Mozilla uses Netscape?  I don't know.  I do have all of my homepages set to msn, on mozilla, ie and firefox.  Basically what I was wondering was, is Firefox a smaller program maybe?  I know that there are more preference options available on my Mozilla page... is that because it's Netscape?  If they are the same thing, why are they called different things and why are the files themselves different?  Hmmmmmmm.......  well, see... that's why I came here to ask the experts!  I'm learning something new ;)

One is Mozilla Netscape (or the old netscape) the other is Mozilla firefox... same parent company different off shoots...  and it is all a matter of preference

nanners

I thought they were the same to.. I have IE and Firefox.. one is as good as the other

harley89

Gecko

Quote from: nanners on July 30, 2006, 12:40:23 PM
I thought they were the same to.. I have IE and Firefox.. one is as good as the other
i do know  u can have a lot of free addons for firefox      i thought both were same excactly too    :ox  got a bad cold 

Runner

ClingFree

I use FireFox and IE ... FF works better for me for an all night Auto run.

Runner

Gecko

Quote from: ClingFree on July 30, 2006, 04:12:47 PM
you cant beat a foxx  no matter what shape or form  :)))

i do miss her tail though   

Runner

Quote from: Gecko on July 30, 2006, 04:34:56 PM

>>:D

Gecko

Quote from: ®úññē® on July 30, 2006, 04:36:10 PM
Quote from: Gecko on July 30, 2006, 04:34:56 PM

>>:D
thats a devils tail i'll find her a real one  hope it fits  within  size   limit  :-[

Momma

I have firefox and ie...but to be honest alot of my agents work great on Msn explorer.  I know msn is a shadow of ie...but sherlock likes it better.

that's my two cents
Kathe

Gecko

Quote from: Kathe on August 01, 2006, 06:30:11 AM
I have firefox and ie...but to be honest alot of my agents work great on Msn explorer.  I know msn is a shadow of ie...but sherlock likes it better.

that's my two cents
Kathe
ive found that as well that some of them work perfect on IE   and others wont   im finding some of latest ones work best with FF  ,   
i only  use FF mainly for pogo   nothing else  :-*   :-*

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview