PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 11:03:22 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Whats your thoughts on this ?

Started by Gecko,

Previous topic - Next topic

Gecko

::) thought i would get  your comments on this  topic  ,  here in Australia   no matter what your age is   every female  that has a baby  our goverment gives them a $4,000 Dollar handout /reward  ,

now we have in  towns and citys  girls as young as 11 and 12 years old  getting themselfs pregnant  just for the  money handout  as i said theres no age limit .

, so how the   f,,,,  can we teach  morals  when 11 and 12 year olds  are getting rewarded for having a baby ?? 

so from any   age a female having a baby single married  or what gets a lump sum of 4,000  for each  baby
i recken it stinks and an age cap should be put on it  .

Tara

My children fit in this age group and I don't want to talk about it. They're both girls, and the thought of this happening sends 100 mixed emotions through me.  :'((

I don't understand the purpose of giving the money in the first place. I mean $4000 is spent on the child in the first year of their life.  Having a child for the money is crazy, just plain crazy.

Oh gawd, I can feel a book fixing to be wrote here, so I better quit.

Edited because I left out some words!!

babygurl424

they PAY you to have babies??  OMG..wtf??  i was 15 when i had my first son and i could have used the money, but i would not be going out and purposely getting pregnant just to get the damn money!!  i didn't get pregnant on purpose (although i wouldn't give him up for the world  ;D )..that's just crazy!!!  i mean, they are gonna have to use that money to pay for the baby anyway!! and i am like tara..feel a book coming on so i am gonna stop while i am ahead..

~Ãutolovér~

Quote from: Tara on July 21, 2006, 10:35:42 AM

My children fit in this age group and I don't want to talk about it. They're both girls, and the thought of this happening sends 100 mixed emotions through me.  :'((

I don't understand the purpose of giving the money in the first place. I mean $4000 is spent on the child in the first year of their life anyways it would make you're head spin. Having a child for the money is crazy, just plain crazy.

It is crazy, We don't have a problem with over population here, so it must be a way of making people have more children, unfortunately some people abuse it stupidly.

Gecko

Quote from: Tara on July 21, 2006, 10:35:42 AM

I don't understand the purpose of giving the money in the first place. I mean $4000 is spent on the child in the first year of their life anyways it would make you're head spin. Having a child for the money is crazy, just plain crazy.

the goverment even give kids money here to leave home  all they have to do is go and say there parents are beating them  and  w/out any checks to see  the goverment gives them a handout as well ,   our system is being abused  day in day out    and to think its tax payers money as well , and $4,000  bucks to a 11 or 12 yrs old would b like a million bucks to them  its a sad state   >:((

harley89

It is so sad to know there is another government just as screwed up as the good old USA. The insanity of government never ceases to amaze me.  And just like all governments it seemed like a logical idea at the time ( to the politicans).  Really surprised that more of your  fellow Aussies are not screaming at this one.  The logic of political parties whether conservative or liberal still just goes over my head.  Yall may just be on the way to creating a welfare state for all the babies having babies. They don't have the means or education to care for one. Not to even think they have the maturity at 11 or 12 to raise a child .  Better star gathering your fellow Aussies to bring this to a halt before you lose a generation or 2 to poverty and ignorance. Good Luck

IndianLover

I am sry to say that is the sickest thing i have ever heard. Giving a child money to have a child, or in matter of fact anyone money to have children.  Children should be brought into this world out of love NOT TO GET MONEY!!!!

And I understand not everyone expects that first child, I didn't when i was 19, He is my world like my other 2 are and I would NEVER except money for them, that is just disgusting.

liebe_angel

and here I has thinking I would love to live there ump not anymore. But I will visit! but I agree with you Gecko there should be age cap.

~Ãutolovér~

Quote from: liebe_angel on July 22, 2006, 01:40:40 AM
and here I has thinking I would love to live there ump not anymore. But I will visit! but I agree with you Gecko there should be age cap.

I'm sorry you got that impression, the things Gecko posted about, had only just started, and of course they realized it wasn't a good idea, and things will be changing very soon.

liebe_angel

oh no no I didn't really get the wrong idea at all I was thinking that maybe a diffrent country would be a good thing for my step-daughter but am thinking twice now lol

Stinkerbell

It's not much different than it is here in the US.  When you're on welfare, the more kids you have the more welfare you get.  Too many families are making welfare a career path, rather than a helping hand.  In my oh, so humble opinion (which I am always willing to share)  welfare payments should be limited to the size of your family at the time you end up on the wefare rolls.  The problem is there is no way to force people not to have children, and we can't allow innocent babies to starve or live on the streets because their parents make bad choices.  So it goes back to the morality of the population and I don't know how to solve this problem.  If parents aren't teaching morality, and we know it's not being taught in the schools, then the kids are not going to learn it and we have an out of control snowball.  I took my kids out of public school to homeschool.  I can't begin to tell you the garbage going on the public schools and all I CAN say about it is that if your kids make it out of the public schools alive, you should count your blessings.

::: stepping off my soap box now :::

hades

at that young age they dont see it as needing the money to spend on the baby.they see it as cash for themselves.

Gecko

what the deal was   , it was a scheme to save the government money  by giving ppl who had a baby a 1off payment of  at fist it was 3000  bucks    this year in July 1st it went up to 4000 ,  what i stated  in age is a minority      and as auto stated  over all this adverse publicity its been getting and the  ones abusing it  they will be capping the age limit im quite sure about that ,
i think what was worse was women risking there health by holding off on Cesarean  births  when they was say going to have it done in last week or 2 of June they (not all)    were holding  it over til the 1st of July  ,   its not as though we see 12 and 14 yrs old girls walking around  preggo   most of the kids are sensible  , all i meant to state was what was on the news and  the news just  quoted one  small town   and mainly poor people   ,   and no jobs/work  that that was happening  , what i got to say about it is    its not only the younger ones abusing the system its the 25 to 45 yrs old people  abusing it more   look at it this way there was more births on 1st of July  than any other time close on in history  of Australia  , 

and i can honestly say this the average 11, 12 ,  14  and upwards yrs old in age girls have more sense and knowledge to just have a baby for the money  , as stated its just the minority  that do that and whats to say they weren't having sex b4 this grant came into force , 
i could write a book on this also   but i wont   , it is an interesting topic though 
~!~

Julez

Yikes!

The best birth control for me was watching my little sister come into this world.  YUCK!  I actually worked at a daycare for 6 months after getting out of the military - that fixed me for life!  After those 2 experiences, I knew that I would never have children and now fortunately mother nature has made sure that that will never happen accidentally!

Nothing against the little rugrats, but motherhood just isn't my cup o'tea.

I've come to realize that no amount of education will deter teens from having sex.  They all have the "It will never happen to me" attitude.  Most of them have to learn the hard way.  Now if our gubment would just dislodge its brain from its rear orafice, we just might make some headway.

Stinkerbell

Is that Napoleon Dynamite?   That movie drove me nuts and now at Target they have all kinds of ND goodies on the $1.00 rack.  ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

:ooo

Runner

paid to have a baby?

Hell what does the guy get ??

if it's 4000 ..i be on next jet to down under

lostinpogoland

its  not right to pay them .some kids will have a baby for the money. and at that age they risk their health too.

Runner

Quote from: lostinpogoland on July 24, 2006, 09:35:44 PM
its  not right to pay them .some kids will have a baby for the money. and at that age they risk their health too.

exactly.. also is there a low population problem down under?

I love Australia, i spent some time there ; the women were wonderful..

0:

damian666

4000 a kid huh. Damn 5 years to late. I have 3 kids. Cheddar coming  :)))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview