PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 02:41:39 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Amazon touts anti-Israeli views,

Started by sheila19621,

Previous topic - Next topic

sheila19621

On July 4, Amazon spammed its customers with advertisement of Norman Finkelstein's virulently anti-Semitic book, Image and Reality of the Israeli-Palestine Conflict. On May 30, Amazon similarly advertised Beyond Chutzpah: on the Misuse of Anti-Semitism and the Abuse of History. I have never received any other ad from Amazon.

On April 4, in an unprecedented move, Amazon deleted all reviews of Obadiah Shoher's Samson Blinded: A Machiavellian Perspective on the Middle East Conflict. A few days later, Amazon forced its subsidiary Booksurge to terminate publishing contract with Shoher whose book is now available for download from www.samsonblinded.info . Google earlier banned advertising of the Samson Blinded for "unacceptable content." Shoher, indeed, is pro-Israeli, yet realistic and critical of Israeli policies.

Obadiah Shoher, an anonymous politician, abandons myths and moralizing in favor of realpolitik. He argues for raw efficiency of antiterrorist operations and shedding liberal idealism. Shoher asks inconvenient questions and gives honest answers. Amazon does not like that. Anti-Semitic lampoons by Norman Finkelstein are more to Amazon's taste.

harley89

Looks like I have new books to add to my list. My basement is getting full. Most people just don't understand that the Middle East is a very complicated area with deep rooted problems in many areas. There will not be any easy solutions.  ON another forum I visit one poster wanted the Jewish state to be dismantled and the problem would be solved. Not likely. You have numerous sects that have existed peacefully only went forced to do so. Sunnis, Shia,Kurds Then you have moderates and extremists. Add to the mix governments that do not respond to the needs of the people. As rich as some countries are with oil revenues poverty and lack of medical care and education are what breeds the terrorists. Except for Bin Laden. He got all bent because at the time of the first Gulf War he was talking to theSaudi government about using his men to oust Saddam. He wasn't happy when the choose to go with the international troops. He blamed the USA for it

Stinkerbell

My mother has a tough time understanding that the Middle East problems/dynamics has more to do with religion than it has to do with politics.  To reeeeaaallllly understand why there is so much animosity, you must understand the thousands of years history.

hades

Julez

BraveLady, you've got that right.

It astounds me that most of the American public find the unrest in the Cat Box surprising.  Uh hello, it's been going on for almost 3 MILLENIA and it won't be settled in a year, 10 years, or another 100 years.  It does boil down to religious beliefs where everyone thinks "they" know the absolute truth.  What a big pile of excrement!  Not one human on the face of this earth now, in the past, or in the close future will know all of the "truth".  The only truth is no one knows it all and never will.  Personally, I don't give a flying rodent's behind what people "believe in/have an idea about", but when they start infringing on others basic human rights that's when I start getting medieval on their gluteus maximi.

Like I keep telling others "It's hard to change beliefs, but easier to change an idea."

harley89

From my reading of the Quran the Jewish people are considered  betrayers of the faith.  Being a betrayer of the faith is automatic death sentence with no reprieve.   From some of the Muslim forums I think there are alot of moderates out there but they  just don't publicly speak out against the extremists. Religion is a problem in the Middle East but not the only problem. Islam is the answer they have decide on being the solution.  In the first few books of the Quran it was easy to see where the idea on women came from.   The reason men and weapons are hidden in mosques is first they are very Holy places second they are forbidden to start a fight in a mosque but can fight if attacked.  Thus they get the public outrage  if a mosque is attacked  When the leader of Hellzoblah oldest son was killed he was a martyred His Father  refused all mourners.  Then had his second son join the terrorists group.  I find the cult mentality very interesting . These are very dangerous people who left to take over the Middle East will be a serious problem  and you will see a major and very ugly war over there. And Hades in case you missed it all Arab Nations except Syria and Iran have spoken out against Hezzoblah. They want Israel to take them out.  Same way they have been trying to take out bin laden since the late 1980's

Julez

From my reading of the Koran and the 400 level religion college courses I took, ANYONE who does not follow the "correct" form of Islam is fair game, not just Jews.  Religion is just another way for the few power-hungry egomaniacal to lord over the masses by using fear and people's faith against them.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Spoonz on July 23, 2006, 09:22:37 AM
From my reading of the Koran and the 400 level religion college courses I took, ANYONE who does not follow the "correct" form of Islam is fair game, not just Jews....

I agree with that, Spoonz.  That's my interpretation also.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview