PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 07:39:05 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Broadband Help

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Yesterday I was trying to help my daughter set up her email account on her computer, so I was going through my own settings to see what I had.  Somewhere along the lines I messed it up pretty bad because the computer started trying to connect to the web via broadband instead of cable.  I called my ISP and a woman with a very heavy accent tried helping me reset things.  That seemed to work fine but the problem I am having now is that when I go into play Pogo, right when the game is loading and the Java cup comes up I get a box saying "connecting broadband connection".  Then, I get an error message saying the remote computer can't be reached.
Thinking it might be a java thing, I uninstalled and reinstalled it.  Everything seems okay but I keep getting that message.  Anyone have any ideas???

Mr. Rasputia

Tara

Sorry that's happening to you, I don't have a clue. Can you still play Pogo after that message? Or it won't let you play?

I agree with Loco, it's a job for SuperHomer, but for gawd sake Homer, but some clothes on first. You're stretching out my white thongs. I don't know how many times I have to tell you, your undies are on the left hand side of the dresser.  >:D

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Tara on July 29, 2006, 07:05:31 AM

Sorry that's happening to you, I don't have a clue. Can you still play Pogo after that message? Or it won't let you play?

I agree with Loco, it's a job for SuperHomer, but for gawd sake Homer, but some clothes on first. You're stretching out my white thongs. I don't know how many times I have to tell you, your undies are on the left hand side of the dresser.  >:D

Yep!  I can play after I click the cancel button.  This is one of those quirky things that will drive me insane!!!!!

Tara

Quote from: ABraveLady on July 29, 2006, 07:18:25 AM

Yep!  I can play after I click the cancel button.  This is one of those quirky things that will drive me insane!!!!!

It would bother me also. Homer or someone will know I'm sure. At least you can still play while waiting for some help on it.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Tara on July 29, 2006, 07:19:51 AM
Quote from: ABraveLady on July 29, 2006, 07:18:25 AM

It would bother me also. Homer or someone will know I'm sure. At least you can still play while waiting for some help on it.

Yep!  Computers are amazing, and yet sometimes frustrating.  I don't recall clicking on anything or changing anything at all but there it happened. I know it had to be me.  I also went and tried clearing my cookies to see if that helped but all that did was make it so I can't sign onto my online banking with Mozilla, only IE.  It only happens on Pogo, and only at the point that the game loads and the Java cup comes up.  It makes me think it's a java setting or glitch which is why I uninstalled and reinstalled it.  Are there any other sites that use Java that I can try to access?
Oh, and also, it happens with both Mozilla and IE.

Homer

Are you having any problems connecting to the internet? Are you able to reach other sites?

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on July 29, 2006, 08:19:00 AM
Are you having any problems connecting to the internet? Are you able to reach other sites?

No problems at all with any other sites.  So, I'm not sure if it's java or pogo.  I don't know of any other sites that need java, so I haven't been able to check.  Like I said before, it started happening after I went in looking for my IP address so I could set up her email.  Could I have messed up a network setting that is only affected by java?

The only other thing I can't do is log into my online banking on Mozilla.  When I cleared my cookies I must have messed something up.  I can log in on IE just fine, but not on Mozilla.  Also, I went to look for a restore point and the only one showing up is when I uninstalled Java this AM, then reinstalled it.  That's weird because I know there's got to be one before this because I used one about a year ago and have had no problems since.

Edited to add - I just logged into AIM (Instant Messenger) and it did it then too.  Canceling the message allows me to log in.

Homer

Check your system restore settings again. System restore creates a restore point almost daily. You will see the calendar to the left when you open it. Click on a date that appears in bold and you should be able to restore your pc to that time and day.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on July 29, 2006, 08:29:28 AM
Check your system restore settings again. System restore creates a restore point almost daily. You will see the calendar to the left when you open it. Click on a date that appears in bold and you should be able to restore your pc to that time and day.

There are no other dates in bold than what I did this morning.  I tried scrolling to another month and nothing happens.

Homer

You must not have the restore option turned on.

Try this. Go to

Internet Explorer>tools>general tab>view objects
You will see all the Pogo files. Delete all pogo related files. Reboot your pc and try again.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on July 29, 2006, 08:56:16 AM
You must not have the restore option turned on.

Try this. Go to

Internet Explorer>tools>general tab>view objects
You will see all the Pogo files. Delete all pogo related files. Reboot your pc and try again.

Restore is turned on, I never turned it off.  There's got to be something else wrong because when I click on the HELP link in System Restore, nothing happens.  I ran a virus check and everything's okay that way... no idea what might be wrong.  I am going to be giving this computer to my son and I would like to give it to him clean with no problems.  I may just reinstall windows and start from scratch.  I'll try the pogo thing, but since it did it when loading AIM I think it's not related to pogo afterall.

Stinkerbell

Woohoo!  Got it fixed!!  I went through my network settings with my ISP provider and the guy told me to totally remove the broadband choice from the list of connections and that's all it took.
Thank you, Homer, for your help and suggestions.  Computers sure can be quirky, can't they???

Homer

Quote from: ABraveLady on July 29, 2006, 10:30:18 AM
Woohoo!  Got it fixed!!  I went through my network settings with my ISP provider and the guy told me to totally remove the broadband choice from the list of connections and that's all it took.
Thank you, Homer, for your help and suggestions.  Computers sure can be quirky, can't they???

Your welcome. Glad you got it worked out.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview