PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 01:02:05 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

How to stop stalkers?

Started by Lebbie,

Previous topic - Next topic

Lebbie

First of all, I'd like to say hello to everyone!   :;'  I need some help if there's any available.  Basically, how do I avoid stalkers?  I've heard that there's a website like a backdoor that allows these insane people to find us even if we have all blocks on pogo.  Has anyone heard of this so called backdoor?  Any insight or help would be appreciated.  Thanks and happy playing!

damian666

Do a google search of pogo backdoors and you will find what you are looking for. They only let you into full rooms. I havent heard of a way to track certain people inside of pogo though

Tara

Hi and welcome to the forum. I've never heard of anything like that before. If someone is bothering you on Pogo, you can report them.

When people refer to backdoors in pogo, that is a way to get in rooms when they are full.

Lebbie

I don't know if it's a backdoor or not.  Supposedly this person claims there's a website that allows one to view club pogo members even if we have him/her blocked.   >:((

Tara

Quote from: Lebbie on July 29, 2006, 08:38:27 PM
I don't know if it's a backdoor or not.  Supposedly this person claims there's a website that allows one to view club pogo members even if we have him/her blocked.   >:((

I've never heard that before. I wouldn't worry about that.

Julez

I've never heard of anything like what you're describing.  Backdoors are solely for getting into rooms that are full - they do not show who is in which room.

Sounds like your stalker is using the fear and intimidation route.  If you have said stalker on your friends list, BLOCK THEM.  If you don't, make sure you have the little box at the bottom of your friends list checked, which says that only people on your friends list (that are unblocked) can see where you are on Pogo.  If your stalker happens to pop into a room you're in, MUTE THEM and keep them muted, then change rooms.  They will get bored eventually.  A few of my friends and I have been dealing with such a PITA stalker for over a year now, he has finally given up because we ignore him.  Meaning no matter what they say, keep them muted and do not respond AT ALL.

Runner

Quote from: Tara on July 29, 2006, 08:46:07 PM
Quote from: Lebbie on July 29, 2006, 08:38:27 PM

I've never heard that before. I wouldn't worry about that.

sounds like someone is blowing smoke up your  :ll

badgehog

if you block your stalker on your friends list they are not able to see where you are O0 only thing i can think of why this person might be consistently following you is if you two have a mutual friend and there following you around that way :oo

Libra

Quote from: badgehog on July 31, 2006, 01:50:45 PM
if you block your stalker on your friends list they are not able to see where you are O0 only thing i can think of why this person might be consistently following you is if you two have a mutual friend and there following you around that way :oo

Also, be sure and mute them.

Runner

Quote from: Libra on July 31, 2006, 01:57:41 PM
Quote from: badgehog on July 31, 2006, 01:50:45 PM

Also, be sure and mute them.

Make sure you report them.  Stalkers are evil. 

nippy

If your stalker has more than one account they will be able to track you on pogo even if you have blocked the screen name in question. I would say this is how your stalker is constantly tracing you on pogo and that all the other stuff about another website are mind games full of crap.

ClingFree

Quote from: nippy on August 01, 2006, 05:18:00 AM
If your stalker has more than one account they will be able to track you on pogo even if you have blocked the screen name in question. I would say this is how your stalker is constantly tracing you on pogo and that all the other stuff about another website are mind games full of crap.

Or just click so only your friends can see your location!

~WickedAce~

Or just click so only your friends can see your location![/quote]

I love this feature... This is a great thing. 

SuzieQ2

Yes, what WickedAce and ClingFree said.  That is what I was going to suggest too.  When you go to the block a player list, down at the bottom is says:  Show my current location to players on my Friends List only.  Check that box and you will be good to go. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview