Previous topic - Next topic

sueann42

I was just in A room and people were talking about pogo having A room monitor
in there does anyone know if pogo has room monitor

Tara

Quote from: sueann42 on July 31, 2006, 06:59:27 AM
I was just in A room and people were talking about pogo having A room monitor
in there does anyone know if pogo has room monitor

They have Pogo cops. Room monitors I guess would be another name for them.

SuzieQ2

What do the pogo cops or room monitors do?  Do they wear badges and carry guns?   :)))  Sorry, guess I'm still waking up after a late night.   ;)

Tara

Quote from: SuzieQ2 on July 31, 2006, 08:58:16 AM
What do the pogo cops or room monitors do?  Do they wear badges and carry guns?   :)))  Sorry, guess I'm still waking up after a late night.   ;)

I don't know what they do, I've never looked. I'm blind.

badgehog

supposedly there are room monitors but there supposed to wear a special badge identifying themselves as being one. Ive never come across one but i do check rooms before activating an auto ;)

SuzieQ2

LMAO Tara

Hey badgehog, I like that idea of checking the room out before turning on the auto.  Silly me, never thought of that before.

HypnotizedMind

if they r suppose toi monitor a room i dont see why they would have a badge identifying them!!!

SuzieQ2

Remember, it's pogo.  Lot's of things they do don't make sense.   ;)

badgehog

Who Are these Self-Proclaimed Room Monitors?
Dear Ms. Netiquette,

I am so very confused about who are the room monitors. I have seen a few people say they are room monitors and they have failed to produce proof. A few months ago I thought I remembered reading in your answers that they would have a blue badge if they were working with or for Pogo.

This really bothers me as they are using this to their advantage to get women to believe everything they say and I do not think that is right. As far as I know that is what they are there to try and prevent. Please help me and others to resolve this problem so that when there are true monitors in the room people wont be so leery about playing or talking or even believing what others have to say.

Knowing that Pogo has people out there that say they are helping Pogo monitor the rooms is hard to believe. I would think that they would have true monitors for the rooms. So again I am asking for your help in resolving this issue for me and for others as I know there are others that have the same question(s).

Puzzled

Dear Puzzled,

The people who monitor the rooms are rarely actually present in the rooms. They work behind the scenes reading the abuse reports and they have the ability to take action on offending accounts from outside of the chat room.

Pogo personnel acting in official capacity will always have the Blue Star next to their screen name. And their screen name will always begin with "Pogo_." For instance if Beatrice Blooop were to work for Pogo, she might choose the screen name Pogo_Blooop to use for official Pogo business. If she is acting in official capacity, she would appear as "Pogo_Blooop" and would have the blue star next to her name. All "Pogo_" accounts automatically have the blue star next to their screen names.

Impersonating Pogo Staff is a violation of the Terms of Service that everyone agreed to upon becoming a Pogo member. Thus, if you see someone claiming that they are a Pogo room monitor, then by all means, report them. You can do this by using the Report Abuse feature. Simply right click their screen name and look for the "Report Abuse" option. At that point our REAL Pogo room monitors will handle it.

This is what pogo says about room monitors, i remember reading about them a few months ago, and try to keep a lookout for them, but i think the real people we should worry about are the nosey ones checking high scores and stats ::)

Iceman0007

i have seen 1 pogo badge in about 5 years on pogo.they rarely go into a room.just use your auto carefully.

hades

Quote from: SuzieQ2 on July 31, 2006, 12:21:06 PM
LMAO Tara

Hey badgehog, I like that idea of checking the room out before turning on the auto.  Silly me, never thought of that before.

must agree.and already do it...  :)

Runner

I have seen one also, added to my friends list. but it came off..lol

Julie

I haven't seen a Pogo cop in years and I mean probably 5 years or more.  Used to see them a lot in Dominoes back then.  There was less games then so I guess the chances of running into them were greater.

Gecko

Don't worry about room monitors aka pogo  ppl,s    ive run uncle with then in same room  but i watch it and make sure i turn uncle off now and again   O0

SuzieQ2

I was letting mine rest on the weekends.  Now I just let them take breaks throughout the day.

fiz

Quote from: SuzieQ2 on July 31, 2006, 01:10:47 PM

Must be those Californians.  ::)

badgehog

Quote from: fiz on August 02, 2006, 09:13:59 AM
Quote from: SuzieQ2 on July 31, 2006, 01:10:47 PM

Must be those Californians.  ::)

:)) :)) :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview