PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:56:02 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

dude accused of biting rooster's head off (pissed off at pogo?)

Started by justahumping,

Previous topic - Next topic

justahumping

Story came from:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14116734/

NEW YORK - A man accused of biting the head off his pet rooster was arrested by animal protection agents Friday.

Humberto Rodriguez, 52, was arrested by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals after a neighbor complained late last month about a dead rooster near his apartment in Manhattan.
Responders found the body of the beheaded rooster on Rodriguez's fire escape, ASPCA spokesman Joe Pentangelo said. The rooster's head, however, hasn't been located.
Pentangelo said Rodriguez told agents that he bit the rooster's head off because he blamed it for injuring a pet pigeon that he also kept in the apartment.
An examination also found that the rooster, which Rodriguez owned for six months, suffered from two broken wings, Pentangelo said.
Rodriguez is charged with animal cruelty and could face up to a year in prison if convicted. It is also illegal to possess a live rooster in New York City, Pentangelo said.
Pentangelo said Friday night he did not know if Rodriguez had obtained a lawyer.

Gecko

Stinkerbell

Quote from: justahumping on August 01, 2006, 01:54:30 PM

NEW YORK - A man accused of biting the head off his pet rooster was arrested by animal protection agents Friday.

Humberto Rodriguez, 52, was arrested by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals after a neighbor complained late last month about a dead rooster near his apartment in Manhattan.
Responders found the body of the beheaded rooster on Rodriguez's fire escape, ASPCA spokesman Joe Pentangelo said. The rooster's head, however, hasn't been located.
Pentangelo said Rodriguez told agents that he bit the rooster's head off because he blamed it for injuring a pet pigeon that he also kept in the apartment.
An examination also found that the rooster, which Rodriguez owned for six months, suffered from two broken wings, Pentangelo said.
Rodriguez is charged with animal cruelty and could face up to a year in prison if convicted. It is also illegal to possess a live rooster in New York City, Pentangelo said.
Pentangelo said Friday night he did not know if Rodriguez had obtained a lawyer.

It's amazing what people will do to pets and children, but wouldn't dare do to other adults who can fight back.

EyeCu

That's sick :(

I have two pet roosters I've had them since they were itty bitty things. They just turned a year in June, god forbid I'd do something to hurt them. People whom hurt animals need to be put in jail for a long time.

justahumping

I know what you are talking about Eye.. I use to raise show *batum* roosters. A couple had tails that were over five feet long. I do not like hearing about people hurting pets in any way at all.... You can not call them a *man* if they hurt pets..........

Libra

Quote from: justahumping on August 01, 2006, 06:04:27 PM
I know what you are talking about Eye.. I use to raise show *batum* roosters. A couple had tails that were over five feet long. I do not like hearing about people hurting pets in any way at all.... You can not call them a *man* if they hurt pets..........

Interesting siggy Justa.  The NHRA is really big where I come from.  Mind if I asked how you became paralyzed?  Feel free to answer me in PM if it's too personal. Or, feel free to tell me to eff off if I'm too nosy. ;)

And to keep this on topic, I work in criminal defense and my firm specializes in homicides and sex crimes, but the case that bothered me most was an animal abuse case.  I couldn't work on it. I had to pass it off to someone else.

damian666

kgansor

we have two chickens, they were supposed to be ryans sisters, but now shes scared of them, but we dont want them to die because they give us lots and lots of free eggs  :D

Julez

People who abuse and neglect animals have no business reproducing.  It irks the frell outta me when I see stuff like this happening.  I had to rescue a choc lab from a military family in housing last year.  The poor thing had worms and an ear mite infection that was so bad you couldn't see into her ear AT ALL.  She was kept in a kennel way too small for her 22 out of 24 hrs everyday.  Only allowed out to eat, drink, and potty.  Severely underweight, no toys, no padding in her kennel, and wasn't housebroken.  And to think I had called these people friends - I cut all contact after that incident and they are darn lucky his command wasn't informed.

Gggrrrrrrr!!!!!!

justahumping

Quote from: Spoonz on August 01, 2006, 11:15:59 PM
People who abuse and neglect animals have no business reproducing.  It irks the frell outta me when I see stuff like this happening.  I had to rescue a choc lab from a military family in housing last year.  The poor thing had worms and an ear mite infection that was so bad you couldn't see into her ear AT ALL.  She was kept in a kennel way too small for her 22 out of 24 hrs everyday.  Only allowed out to eat, drink, and potty.  Severely underweight, no toys, no padding in her kennel, and wasn't housebroken.  And to think I had called these people friends - I cut all contact after that incident and they are darn lucky his command wasn't informed.

Gggrrrrrrr!!!!!!
OMG. I hope that the person that was in the service received an artical 15 over that. and a huge thank you for taking care of dogs and cats.

Julez

We never took it to the Command, but I warned them that if I EVER witnessed the slightest mistreatment towards animals by them, they would be hauled into the Sector Commander's office and a courts-martial would be recommended.

I was concerned for their 3 small children because the AD member would have been kicked out dishonorably and face severe penalities.  Sometimes senior enlisted rank does carry weight.

Humping, we're DHS (Dept Homeland Security - Coast Guard) not DOD, so things tend to be handled a little differently.  But we are still military and I know the UCMJ would've played a heavy role in whatever punishment the AD member would've gotten.

Gecko

Quote from: Krissy*Kitty on August 01, 2006, 09:11:57 PM
we have two chickens, they were supposed to be ryans sisters, but now shes scared of them, but we dont want them to die because they give us lots and lots of free eggs  :D

i bet there spoiled  ones as well and get lots of attention and loving    ,    i have to buy my own i haven't the heart  to hurt animals   as in our domestic eating ones  like chickens ducks  turkeys       :-[

Luna

Julie

Quote from: justahumping on August 01, 2006, 01:54:30 PM

That's disgusting, what a sicko ???

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview