PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:35:36 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

AOL Users - one more time

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

TmT

All AOL Members got this email from the CEO

Dear AOL Member,

I want to let you know about some exciting changes happening at AOL. Our service has always provided both a way to connect to the Web and an entertaining online destination once you're connected.

Today we are announcing that AOL's software, email, and many compelling AOL features -- including your Address Book, Screen Name, the Buddy List® feature and more -- will be free to everyone with an Internet connection.

What Does This Mean for You?

Nothing about your service arrangement with us will change unless you want it to. Your current plan, which includes 24/7 customer support, unlimited email storage, your email addresses and all the AOL content and services you rely on, will still be there for you.

Even if you choose a different high-speed provider from the one you use to connect to the Internet today:
You can keep your AOL Screen Name and email address for as long as you want to use it, completely free;
You can continue to use your AOL software, and you can still get all your favorite features and content, completely free;
You will still get the most comprehensive free set of safety and security tools available, plus world-class, high-speed content like video, music and more.
All of this is free, no matter who provides your Internet connection.

Why Is AOL Doing This?

We're simply changing with the times. There are many options for Internet access, whether it's dial-up or broadband. At the same time, a lot of online content and services are now available on the Web free of charge because they are supported by advertising. So, while your Internet connectivity needs may change over time, what you love about the Web does not. We are now able to ensure that the familiar AOL experience, your Screen Name, your Address Book, your Buddy List, your Favorite Places, and other content and features you enjoy, will always be available to you for free.

In September, you will be hearing about more changes and other new features at AOL. Until then, you can visit AOL Keyword: New AOL for more information and to sign up for informative email alerts.

Sincerely,

Jon Miller
Chairman and CEO
AOL LLC 

Runner

Okay, first off , I have a satellite connection so my questions may same dumb.

Is AOL offering it's DSL for free?  or just it's online services ; email, etc.???

The way I read it, it's just offering online stuff free, not the actual connection.

Just curious

TmT

Quote from: ®úññē® on August 04, 2006, 08:38:28 AM

Is AOL offering it's DSL for free?  or just it's online services ; email, etc.???

The way I read it, it's just offering online stuff free, not the actual connection.

Just curious
No, they still have dif price plans for dialup members.  They definitely are NOT offerin any paid service free.  The deal here is, u must already have a high speed conx or plan to get one so u can use aol free.  If u need their highspeed conx... or other plans... they want their M...O...N...E...Y  :///

damian666

Runner

Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on August 04, 2006, 08:41:51 AM
Quote from: ®úññē® on August 04, 2006, 08:38:28 AM

Just curious
No, they still have dif price plans for dialup members.  They definitely are NOT offerin any paid service free.  The deal here is, u must already have a high speed conx or plan to get one so u can use aol free.  If u need their highspeed conx... or other plans... they want their M...O...N...E...Y  :///

okay, so they are just joining the rest of the world

TmT

There u go..... rofl... aint that a biatch!  I am a member for 11 yrs... I want some of my money back... but I cant complain...cuz I got it free for, like, 2 yrs... til they got tired of givin me freebies... lmao

Last month, they offered me 6 mos free and new pp(price plan) of 4.95 a month startin Jan o7... now c'mon... they new damn well this free-chit was happenin... why not jus offer to do the freebie.... now I gotta call'em back... geeesh

justahumping

Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on August 04, 2006, 08:46:33 AM
There u go..... <SNIP>  I got it free for, like, 2 yrs... til they got tired of givin me freebies... <SNIP>

But,,,  uh,,,, well,,,,, I never got a frebie

automember7

I cancelled my AOL account a long time ago and switched to sbc yahoo. I haven't been back. You should see all of the websites of the internet that hate AOL. It really amazing.

justahumping

Tokens, Will you give me a freebbbbbbbbbbbb..............  n/m

hades

kgansor

i grew up with aol, dial up aol, and im so glad we dont have it anymore.. the upstairs computer has dial up aol and its sooo slow compaired to our connection it really sucks using it

hades

its been years since i had to hear that modem noise during dial up then the slowness that occured after it. love cable.  ;D

Stinkerbell

Quote from: hades on August 05, 2006, 07:25:41 AM
its been years since i had to hear that modem noise during dial up then the slowness that occured after it. love cable.  ;D

I remember when the cable guy was here hooking up our cable internet.  I asked him to set up my AOL so I could connect to it via cable.  I'll never forget how fast AOL flashed across the screen and I was connected.  I seriously was shocked and asked him 'what happened???'. 

Our cable was down a couple months ago when I needed to do some bill paying so I reluctantly 'dialed up' to AOL.  It took soooooo long, it wasn't worth it.  I gave up and waited for cable to come back up.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: EyeCu on July 19, 2006, 07:05:09 PM
Who would be stupid or careless enough to put that sort of information in their shared folder? Geez, these people need not have a computer. lol

One day, while working my online shift on AOL, someone asked me how they could know for sure they were online. Keep in mind, they had to be logged on to AOL and have clicked on HELP to reach me in the first place.   I so badly wanted to say 'put down your mouse and for your safety and the safety of those around you, step away from the keyboard.' 

Another time a kid with a variation of the name Little Retard (not the real screen name) came in wanting to know why his Jr. High Principal could block him from using their web site just because he was posting profanity on it.  I couldn't help but think - hey, if ever a screen name fit - this is the one!

RovOstrov

RovOstrov

I did it! I have it for free Thanks so much for that :D

hades

Quote from: ABraveLady on August 05, 2006, 09:15:42 AM
Quote from: hades on August 05, 2006, 07:25:41 AM

I remember when the cable guy was here hooking up our cable internet.  I asked him to set up my AOL so I could connect to it via cable.  I'll never forget how fast AOL flashed across the screen and I was connected.  I seriously was shocked and asked him 'what happened???'. 

Our cable was down a couple months ago when I needed to do some bill paying so I reluctantly 'dialed up' to AOL.  It took soooooo long, it wasn't worth it.  I gave up and waited for cable to come back up.

aol is awful on dial up.

underdog

I don't think it was mentioned but if you type "change plan" in the AOL Keyword space you can change over to the free service with a fast click. Well.......that's what I just did.  I guess I won't know for sure until next month. lol  Got my fingers crossed. Glad I read this thread.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview