PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 02:25:10 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Chat on or off

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

tponka

I leave my chat on, even when running an auto, because I do have friends who come in sometimes.  I also occasionally monitor the chat for comments about the possibility of my using an auto.  When that happens, I switch rooms.  Generally, I stick to empty or nearly empty temp rooms.  Another reason I don't like to turn chat off is because having it on allows me to see my weekly badge progress.  If all rooms are packed, I'll mute EVERYONE in the room so my progress is not lost by being scrolled by the incessant idiotic chat.  I am one of those people who have stated in my profile that I do NOT chat online.   :-X

kas66

I chat sometimes when I am playing by hand, but normally it is just the gg, wtg kind of thing.  I chat in tours but only to my other tour people, and we tend to not edit what we discuss to much.  The only ones who have gotten reported for their discussions were TD's.  I normally keep my chat on, it is good sometimes for a laugh.

david/ross

Quote from: peaches1977 on August 03, 2006, 06:34:24 PM
i rarely engage in the conversations, the odd 'gg' 'wtg' 'gln1'. even then its not all the time, but i do love going into rooms (ex.uncensored) and just read what people are fighting over. its craziness sometimes.

this is what i do >>:D

Torn2pieces

I never really pay attention to chat. The only game I chat in is Texas Holdem. There are times where I have to turn it off, because People love to talk about all their problems, their husband, kids, grandmother, grandpa, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers. The neighbor across the river, mountains, etc, etc. lives. It gets on my nerves. I don't understand why they can't talk privately, that's why it's there!!

nightperson

Quote from: Homer on August 05, 2006, 01:40:31 PM
Quote from: smokyrain on August 05, 2006, 01:30:46 PM
My chat is always on and I mostly enjoy chatting on there. I also like to see when my pogo buddies come in a room.
If I am just wanting to play and do my badges or running an auto then I block my friends from seeing where I am then unblock later.
I also dont care if people read my profile or not, thats why its there to read. I look up some peoples too on there to see where they are from. Funny the other day though my friend came in room and we were chatting in poppit and someone asked us to go to a different room or private cause they couldnt see their score lol. First time that ever happened to me.
There is some good people on there yes and lots of strange but thats anywhere there is chat lol.
Its the tourneys chat I hate so I usually just switch rooms, one day I changed rooms 5 times in less than half an hour. Each room I picked soon became a tourney room....oh well.

I haven't checked out a tournament website in quite a while but the last time I looked it seemed like there were tournaments for just about every regular pogo room. If your looking to avoid the tourneys I suggest the temporary rooms. O0

thats what i do but sometime i just play and pay no minds i have never had a rude TD toward me at all i dont talk in the rooms alot if a friend comes in we go to private talk but i do alot of temp room when getting my ranks but over night i do full room and let it play :o

smokyrain

Good Advice...........no  I have never had a person in tourney rude to me either....its just hard then for me to chat in those rooms when they start. I don't get bothered by peoples chat......it is amusing at times.

I have nothing against them. So yes will just switch to temp room next time..Had never thought of that.......silly me.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview