Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

hostage situation

Started by liebe_angel,

Previous topic - Next topic

liebe_angel

This is happening not even a half of a mile where I am!!!!!!!  0:

*POLICE HAVE ASKED US TO STOP THE LIVE FEED*

Tampa, Florida --  Right now there is a standoff at Dale Mabry and Fletcher in Carrollwood.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says this started as a domestic situation. A man went into the Sweet Tomatos on Dale Mabry near Ehrlich Road and made a woman walk out at gunpoint while he tried to force her into his car.

A deputy saw this and approached the couple, and that's when the man jumped into his car and took off down Dale Mabry. The woman was able to escape. He crashed a short distance away at Stahl Road and jumped out armed with a gun. At one point he aimed it at a deputy, and other officers surrounded the crashed car, leading to the standoff.

We have crews on the scene and we'll update you here as we learn more information.

http://www.tampabays10.com/

foxx

Thank God she was able to escape.

Stay away from your windows liebe_angel!

20 bucks says the idiot dies by "Suicide by police".

liebe_angel

I am staying away from windows, door's locked up tight and my two dogs are on guard lol
but gosh it's so noisy can't hear the t.v to get an update because of all the hellocopters          circling around.

TmT

Quote from: foxx on August 03, 2006, 11:14:10 AM

Put your money away, Foxx....... u bettin on his life..... 10-to-20 says he pull times... lmfaoz

foxx

Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on August 03, 2006, 11:26:13 AM

Put your money away, Foxx....... u bettin on his life..... 10-to-20 says he pull times... lmfaoz

Nah...guys like that have nothing to live for...If he had succeeded in killing her, he would already be dead...but he's the type to let his death cause trauma to the poor cop who has to shoot him.

Liebe-angel?  Keep posting so we know you are okay.

TmT

Quote from: foxx on August 03, 2006, 11:29:33 AM

Nah...guys like that have nothing to live for...If he had succeeded in killing her, he would already be dead...but he's the type to let his death cause trauma to the poor cop who has to shoot him.

Instead of bullets, I think in this type of situation...cops should have tranqulizer... so they can shoot to knock'em out... so they dont escape their mental issues.........but put them in a life-life-oh I said that... life-mental-health incarceration!

foxx

Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on August 03, 2006, 11:32:12 AM

Instead of bullets, I think in this type of situation...cops should have tranqulizer... so they can shoot to knock'em out... so they dont escape their mental issues.........but put them in a life-life-oh I said that... life-mental-health incarceration!

I agree with the tranquilizer idea...but I bet this guy is not crazy in the head.  He is just a mean son of a bitch.

crazy_

kgansor

Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on August 03, 2006, 11:32:12 AM

they do have those, and they have guns that shoot those little bean bag things but they hurt like heck
there are lots of other things they have that will just hurt them instead of killing them

damian666

harley89

My Dad is retired law enforcement.  Once in is career he did shoot and kill one person. Even now at age 76 it still haunts him.  He says "he turned and had the shotgun pointed at me I knew one of us was going to die. I decided it would be him.  But even though I had no choice I took someones husband,brother or dad away.  He had family that cared for him as much as I did. Even though it was justified it is still difficult to deal with."   My Dad rarely speaks about it thats why I have always remembered his words.  I hope this person does time.   The look on my father face is heartbreaking when he does talk about it.

liebe_angel

he is in custody now!!!! wow what a relief it is to know he's off the streets. click on the link above to see the update and a pic of him

foxx

Quote from: harleyrider on August 03, 2006, 02:21:00 PM
My Dad is retired law enforcement.  Once in is career he did shoot and kill one person. Even now at age 76 it still haunts him.  He says "he turned and had the shotgun pointed at me I knew one of us was going to die. I decided it would be him.  But even though I had no choice I took someones husband,brother or dad away.  He had family that cared for him as much as I did. Even though it was justified it is still difficult to deal with."   My Dad rarely speaks about it thats why I have always remembered his words.  I hope this person does time.   The look on my father face is heartbreaking when he does talk about it.

That is a horrible thing for anyone to go through.  That's what makes me so angry at those selfish bastards...they don't think about people like your dad who will live with that forever.

Glad they got the guy with no real tragedy...and glad you're safe liebe_angel...

hades

lol.  :ll

kgansor

Quote from: hades on August 03, 2006, 08:14:22 PM

lol.  :ll

:))

justahumping

Quote from: harleyrider on August 03, 2006, 02:21:00 PM
My Dad is retired law enforcement.  Once in is career he did shoot and kill one person. Even now at age 76 it still haunts him.  He says "he turned and had the shotgun pointed at me I knew one of us was going to die. I decided it would be him.  But even though I had no choice I took someones husband,brother or dad away.  He had family that cared for him as much as I did. Even though it was justified it is still difficult to deal with."   My Dad rarely speaks about it thats why I have always remembered his words.  I hope this person does time.   The look on my father face is heartbreaking when he does talk about it.

It is something that will stay with you for the rest of your life. I was in Nam and I still have nightmares over some of the chint that I did over there

harley89

Glad it is over and you are safe. I also have a brother in law that goes through the Nam memories. I lost 1 childhood friend to sucide when he returned from Nam. He just couldnt live with some things  I left 1 part of my Dads feelings out but think it is important I write it now. He said it is different when a jury has heard evidence, a judge has passed sentence for someone to die.   In the case of law enforcement they do not have that luxury. In his words" I had no one to say shoot its the right thing. In a split second I made the decision to end a persons life. No jury no judge just me. " My Dad had to use his gun several times in his career but never again did he have to kill.  My Dad qualified on the firing range at 95% with either hand.  He was more than able to hit where ever he aimed.  But as he says when he turned and the shotgun was aimed at him he alone made the decision.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview