PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:39:25 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Wedding

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

Wreck Forces Wedding to Move to Hospital

Published: 8/10/06, 5:45 PM EDT

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - The wedding party chuckled when the pastor said the line about "in sickness and in health."

Jared Darr and Amanda McCadden were getting hitched in a hospital, hours after a car crash shattered the groom's leg on their wedding day.

The college students said they weren't about to let the accident stall the ceremony - especially since they hadn't kissed during their six-month engagement.

"I just want to kiss her so bad, and there's no way I'm going to put it off," Darr said, lying pale and on painkillers shortly before Wednesday's ceremony.

Darr, 21, and McCadden, 23, had just picked up an archway for their wedding reception when their car collided with a second car at an intersection in Chattaroy, north of Spokane.

Darr, in the passenger seat, had raised his foot to put on a dress sock and the air bag sent his leg through the windshield, he said.

"So many people are just like, 'This is a sign you've got to run,'" Darr said.

Instead, once Darr woke up from the anesthesia, the couple said their vows in a Deaconness Medical Center conference room, making a videotape to be shown to their 150 guests at the reception.

The pastor played guitar, the wedding party prayed and sang, and the bride wiped tears from her eyes. When the bridesmaids, groomsmen and relatives left for the reception, she stayed behind.

"Party like we're in your heart, because we are," she told them.

And as for the couple's planned honeymoon on the Oregon coast? That'll have to wait.

Julez

Hadn't even KISSED in SIX MONTHS?!

Don't buy a car until you've taken it for a test drive.

Beth

Quote from: Spoonz on August 10, 2006, 06:39:41 PM
Hadn't even KISSED in SIX MONTHS?!

Don't buy a car until you've taken it for a test drive.

:)))

Julez

LOL - guess I just showed everyone how "free" I was during my single adult years.    :)) :))

justahumping

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview