PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 11:31:59 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Insat's Real Italian Marinara sauce

Started by Insatiable4NYPD,

Previous topic - Next topic

Insatiable4NYPD

If your from and old italian family as I am then you would appreciate the sauce made from your own home grown tomatos, But in reality and the 2000's noboy has time to crush and drain tomatos...

2- 16oz cans of crushed tomato sauce <red pack> or whichever you prefer.

1- lb of neck lamb with bone

1-white medium size onion

2-small cloves of garlic

2- table spoons of virgin olive oil

1- table spoon of fresh chopped basil

In large sauce pot add oil heat for 5 mins add chopped onion, basil, garlic, let fry for 5 mins or until onion is brown, add neck lamb browning on both sides

In blender add sauce cans and hit puree, drain in pot with neck lamb using a fine strainer <this is to take all the seeds out of the tomatos that make the sauce bitter>.Let cook for one hour stirring frequently to avoid burning turn off an cover serve over pasta.. enjoy

Tara

I lost it on neck lamb with bone. People buy stuff like that and eat it?  :o

Insatiable4NYPD

:oo Never had neck lamb? ever have lamb chop? same thing and OMG very good, Im not saying to eat goats head or pigs feet, neck lamb looks like beef on a bone it's not what ya think, adds flavor to the sauce in fact you don't have to eat it at all, give it to Homer..lol.. trust me you'll love it  0:

thompson

Insatiable4NYPD  the only thing is whos going to cook it for Tara to feed Homer. :)))

Insatiable4NYPD

:))) HaHa, sooo true Thompson, Guess Homers not going to have rela italian marinara sauce, Ragu it is.. lol  <3

Tara

Quote from: Insatiable4NYPD on August 10, 2006, 06:32:08 PM
:oo Never had neck lamb? ever have lamb chop? same thing and OMG very good, Im not saying to eat goats head or pigs feet, neck lamb looks like beef on a bone it's not what ya think, adds flavor to the sauce in fact you don't have to eat it at all, give it to Homer..lol.. trust me you'll love it  0:

No, I don't eat lamb or veal.  :xx

Libra

Quote from: Tara on August 11, 2006, 01:52:27 PM

:o

I love a good veal chop or rack of lamb (with mint jelly) 

Tara

Quote from: Libra on August 11, 2006, 02:04:45 PM

:xx :xx :xx

Libra

Quote from: Tara on August 11, 2006, 02:07:23 PM
Quote from: Libra on August 11, 2006, 02:04:45 PM

:xx :xx :xx

LMAO!  Have you ever tried it?

Insatiable4NYPD

:oo MMM you don't know what your missing, yummy Veal eeeh lil to tough But Lamb is very goooood!! :pp

thompson

Chit just put it into meatloaf nobody will know with all those eggs you use :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Homer

Quote from: Insatiable4NYPD on August 11, 2006, 05:04:00 PM
:oo MMM you don't know what your missing, yummy Veal eeeh lil to tough But Lamb is very goooood!! :pp

Veal tough? You must be doing something wrong. :)))

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Insatiable4NYPD

:oo Don't start with me Homer lol, My veal is soft..lol..in other places it's tough... compared to lamb And tara I happened to be eating a nice tomato salad when I saw your  :xx..lol.. thanx

Stinkerbell

Or Bambi - can't eat Bambi either

Tara

Quote from: ABraveLady on August 13, 2006, 07:57:34 AM

Or Bambi - can't eat Bambi either

Me either.  If its not pig, cow, chicken, or turkey, I ain't eating it.

Julez

Insat, my Grandmom and Great Aunt (last name Moscufo lol) call the meat you put in your "gravy" aka marinara brazhal.  Only it's usually a nice peice of beef like london broil.

I tell ya the fresh herbs really do make a difference - much fresher and yummier than dried herbs.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview