PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:37:42 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Need Opinions please

Started by shoes,

Previous topic - Next topic

shoes

Norton VS. McAfee?  I have to update my Norton and I am wondering if I should dump it for McAfee.  Some say yes in my family and others say no, keep Norton.  What are the opinions out there?? I have a few days left on the Norton. 

justahumping

xx_mandy_xx

I've had McAfee free with comcast for almost 2 years and i love it! I've never had any problems.

shoes

never heard of that one.  Is it available to buy online??

crazy_

Quote from: shoes on August 20, 2006, 04:12:29 PM
Norton VS. McAfee?  I have to update my Norton and I am wondering if I should dump it for McAfee.  Some say yes in my family and others say no, keep Norton.  What are the opinions out there?? I have a few days left on the Norton. 

I prefer Norton to McAfee
but it is all your own personal preference

Ilovemyweims

i have had both and currently have and prefer macafee i believe there is a free download for it

justahumping

you can go here:
http://www.avg-antivirus.net/dnstp.aspx    
And see about getting the free AVG or buying it. I do not surf the web like I use to so I just use the free version of AVG and it has caught all my problems.
I dumped both Nortons and McAfee a few of years ago.....  I used ThunderByte  for a long time tho.  Myself, If it was me. I would buy ThunderByte..... It all depends on what you do on the web and what you like.

Kelly

Quote from: shoes on August 20, 2006, 04:12:29 PM

I used to have McAffe for years but my son in the Navy swears by Norton...so I buys me a new macine and of course it came with Norton for free for a year...WELL...i love it.....if you really really want your machine protected go with the Norton.....it is over kill sometimes I have to shut things down/off to do certain things but I tell ya I feel very secure when its all on...lol...hope this helped...I do hear McAffe got better.....Microsoft dropped them tho....few years ago....big surprise!!!

nanners

Quote from: justahumping on August 20, 2006, 04:30:04 PM
you can go here:
http://www.avg-antivirus.net/dnstp.aspx    
And see about getting the free AVG or buying it. I do not surf the web like I use to so I just use the free version of AVG and it has caught all my problems.
I dumped both Nortons and McAfee a few of years ago.....  I used ThunderByte  for a long time tho.  Myself, If it was me. I would buy ThunderByte..... It all depends on what you do on the web and what you like.
I have used the free editions of AVG for years..never had a problem with it at all..

Torn2pieces

Nortons, you can never get off your computer if you try to get rid of it. Unless you reformat. I use to love Nortons years ago, but no more. I use Mcafee, not to happy with them either.

Kelly

Quote from: Torn2pieces on August 20, 2006, 06:18:53 PM
Nortons, you can never get off your computer if you try to get rid of it. Unless you reformat. I use to love Nortons years ago, but no more. I use Mcafee, not to happy with them either.

Norton came on my machine but it is ok I like it....the stealth settings drive me crazy sometimes but you just got to know how to set it the way you want it...not the way THEY want it....

hades

ive always had mcafee and never had a problem with it.

Kelly

Quote from: hades on August 20, 2006, 08:05:42 PM

I wonder why microsoft dropped them...that was kinda suckie of them to do that....gee whats wrong did they not want McAffe to have a monopoly....ooooo now that would be a bad thing right.....yeah only microsoft can do that n get away with it....

badgemad

i have used Norton and mccaffe but i use avira which is a free download and updates daily another free one is avast just google either avast or avira and you will have a safe pc norton is terrible to get rid off  even after reformatting your pc its still there  O0

foxx

Quote from: Kelly on August 20, 2006, 08:31:21 PM
Quote from: hades on August 20, 2006, 08:05:42 PM

I wonder why microsoft dropped them...that was kinda suckie of them to do that....gee whats wrong did they not want McAffe to have a monopoly....ooooo now that would be a bad thing right.....yeah only microsoft can do that n get away with it....

lmao...seriously.

I use Trend Micro PC-cillin...and I like it a lot.  Its much less intrusive than Norton or McAfee, in my opinion.

hades

Quote from: badgemad on August 20, 2006, 08:37:05 PM
i have used Norton and mccaffe but i use avira which is a free download and updates daily another free one is avast just google either avast or avira and you will have a safe pc norton is terrible to get rid off  even after reformatting your pc its still there  O0

when i bought my new computer it came with norton and i deleted it and its totally off here.

TmT

Omg.........so many opinions... oh no... what shall I do... what shall I dooooooooooooooooooooooooo  :'((

justahumping

well, come here and I will take your mind off it   :)))

TmT

Quote from: justahumping on August 20, 2006, 09:15:25 PM
:'(( Oh nooooooo...should I go...should I go.... should I go to him  :'(( another opinion I need....

xx_mandy_xx

Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on August 20, 2006, 09:17:19 PM
Quote from: justahumping on August 20, 2006, 09:15:25 PM
:'(( Oh nooooooo...should I go...should I go.... should I go to him  :'(( another opinion I need....

lol ya guess all the opinions didnt really help you to make a choice lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview