This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I have been flagged

Started by GoneFishin,

Previous topic - Next topic

GoneFishin

I sent out an email to some people on my friends list (pogo mail) telling them how to get 4000, 2000, 2100, & 5000 free tokens by copy/pasting some links.  Then I get an email from EA Online Support saying Dear _____, Your Electronic Arts Pogo account has been flagged for violating the Terms of Service for Electronic Arts Online.  :ooo

Well ... I had NO idea this was against TOS, (didn't know that vulgar language in an email or Excessive shouting - using all caps was either.)  I do that all the time!  :))

I'm ticked! A buddy told me that Pogo knows when you are sending email that is against TOS. Like certain words it flags in emails, example: free/tokens.  Is this true? Or did one of my so called friends report me?  >:((

BadgeBabe

My guess? Someone reported you. MOST of us do not like mass mailings in email from friends, no matter what the content ( unless it's a really good joke, LOL). Next time, you might want to address the emails to each player and send separately.

xx_mandy_xx

yup, one of the people you sent it to flagged it as spam...even if they are your friends..be respectful...no one likes looking in their mailbox to find 50 emails of fwds! I would do like this one said ^^ and address them individually so it's more personal mail than spam!

badgehog

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Word of advice though. Dont trust sending anything via pogo mail. ::) If you really want to share info on anything on pogo, this forum is the best place to do it. I don't share any information with friends on pogo, whether its in chat, pogo messages or emails, regarding cheats, etc.

Hope everything works out for you O0

crazy_

Quote from: badgehog on September 01, 2006, 07:11:19 AM
Sorry to hear this happened to you. Word of advice though. Dont trust sending anything via pogo mail. ::) If you really want to share info on anything on pogo, this forum is the best place to do it. I don't share any information with friends on pogo, whether its in chat, pogo messages or emails, regarding cheats, etc.

Hope everything works out for you O0

Yup good advice. pogo has gotten to the point where you can't email a bunch of friends OR chat  :oo  and if ya don't ya get blamed for cheating whether ya are or not.  bunch of busy bodies over there now  >:((

zeboo

PogoKaz

I would avoid doing anything like that as well, you don't know who is watching.  Another reason why I don't use the mailing system or chat boxes and always have them switched off.

Tara

Check the box that says only people on your friends list can send you pogo mail.  Then delete your friends list. I only keep 14 people on mine. And block all them..  :))

PogoKaz

Quote from: Tara on September 01, 2006, 09:30:11 AM
Check the box that says only people on your friends list can send you pogo mail.  Then delete your friends list. I only keep 14 people on mine. And block all them..  :))

ooooo evil ;)  :)) :))

CanadianPrincess

I've reported a couple of people who have repeatedly sent me spam and I have absolutely no idea who they are.  If a friend sends it to me, I just ignore it, but when someone just takes my sn and sends me this crap, I get sick of it.

pink

i think you might be right on certain words in pogo mail. other day i got a message from someone i didnt know, an when i went to open it , it said this message has been flagged for ..think was profanity?..an told me to go to my setting an click on something if i wanted to view it. so of course i did, an was just a email saying to go to some other site to play, cause pogo stinks(or along lines of that) but wasnt any profanity that i seen in it.  ~but the advice above is good advice for sure, just use regular mail account if ya wanna chat. O0

crazy_

lol that is what I did too... only got 4 on friends list and they are blocked  :))

xx_mandy_xx

Quote from: crazy_ on September 01, 2006, 11:20:49 AM

lol that is what I did too... only got 4 on friends list and they are blocked  :))

geez if thats how you treat your friends...remind me to stay away  :))

pogoisevil

Yup....I used to get all kindsa spam from Pogo messages. >>:D Sent nasty messages back to 'em telling them to stop, but that didn't work. ::) Finally blocked 'em all, and the spam stopped. 8)

crazy_

Quote from: xx_mandy_xx on September 01, 2006, 02:05:32 PM

lmao it confuses the crap outta them.  They never see me online but yet I got all my challenge badges etc etc  :))

xx_mandy_xx

Quote from: crazy_ on September 01, 2006, 06:48:50 PM
Quote from: xx_mandy_xx on September 01, 2006, 02:05:32 PM

lmao it confuses the crap outta them.  They never see me online but yet I got all my challenge badges etc etc  :))

that's ok...i have my ex-best friend on my f-list but i never see her on...i guess im not on hers...but like we have this unspoken challenge to have more points than the other....i noticed her token count didnt change for like a month and then I caught up to her and passed her by like 200,000 and then all the sudden she started playing again and got past me then stopped...so i am assuming she still checks my profile and is trying to "beat" me....sad huh lol i guess im just as bad for checking hers  :)))

Julie

Quote from: Iwanttowin2 on August 31, 2006, 11:41:45 PM
My guess? Someone reported you. MOST of us do not like mass mailings in email from friends, no matter what the content ( unless it's a really good joke, LOL). Next time, you might want to address the emails to each player and send separately.
Agreed! Don't know whether this is happening to anyone else but the last few fwds/spam that I've received lately have been from guest accounts created that day purely to send out spam.  I've started to report them, normally I don't worry about that crap but if they're going to be sneaky about it... :oo

justahumping

I would bet money that someone reported you. Take Taras advice. I send out jokes to people but I was reported once for sending them. So now before I send out the jokes. I send out a message to everyone that I will be sending them out and IF they do not want to get the jokes to please send me a message telling me to take them off my friends list.  I wounder how many times that pogo has looked at what I send just to read them? lol....  However, everyone that I have on my friends list, They have all told me in the past that they do want to get the jokes

GoneFishin

Thanks everyone for your replies. I did get reported and I know who is was.  She slipped up when I was asking her about the email I sent.  Big mistake on her part.  :oo

TmT

well arent u a ^&^%%... oh, I cant say that word any more... lmfaoz

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview