PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 08:51:40 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Nancy Grace

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Okay, so what's the real story with this??  I heard this morning that when she interviewed the woman whose son was 'kidnapped', she reamed her good (and apparently the woman deserved it) but did she REALLY hand the woman a gun and say 'go ahead and get it over with'?  Now the womans family is suing because she did shoot herself at some point.
I can't find anything on this.

harley89

I read it on 11alive.com that is a local tv station in Georgia. They had a link to a transcript  of the interview. maybe they will still have it. I didnt take the time to read the article myself

crazy_

Quote from: ABraveLady on September 14, 2006, 11:48:14 AM
Okay, so what's the real story with this??  I heard this morning that when she interviewed the woman whose son was 'kidnapped', she reamed her good (and apparently the woman deserved it) but did she REALLY hand the woman a gun and say 'go ahead and get it over with'?  Now the womans family is suing because she did shoot herself at some point.

Wouldn't surpriise me .. man I hate her ... hate even watching her.  +++

Tara

Quote from: crazy_ on September 14, 2006, 03:51:41 PM
Quote from: ABraveLady on September 14, 2006, 11:48:14 AM

Wouldn't surpriise me .. man I hate her ... hate even watching her.  +++

I hate her too.

gator8_24

This was in the Orlando Sentinal today- I believe she was to be down there again broadcasting

Melinda Duckett's family sues CNN's Nancy Grace
The Associated Press

November 21, 2006, 12:03 PM EST

Relatives of a missing boy's mother who killed herself after being aggressively questioned by CNN's Nancy Grace filed a wrongful death suit Tuesday, claiming the talk-show host caused severe emotional distress that led to the suicide.

Melinda Duckett committed suicide on Sept. 8, one day after Grace's show on CNN Headline News aired a segment in which Grace aggressively questions Duckett about her whereabouts on Aug. 27 -- the day 2-year-old Trenton Duckett was reported missing.

Authorities, who said last week they believe Trenton is still alive, have named Melinda Duckett as the prime suspect in his disappearance.

Jay Paul Deratany, the attorney representing Duckett's estate, said Tuesday that Grace encouraged Melinda Duckett to appear on her show by saying the goal was to draw public attention to help find Trenton.

"It's not just about the questioning, it's about the misrepresentation with the knowledge that she was emotionally distraught," Deratany said. The attorney said Grace improperly took on the role of a law enforcement officer.

CNN Headline News declined to comment on the lawsuit but issued a message of support for Grace.

"We stand by Nancy Grace and fully support her, as we have from the beginning of this matter," a spokeswoman said in a statement Tuesday.
Copyright © 2006, Orlando Sentinel | Get home delivery - up to 50% off

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/newsletter/mu-html/orl-bk-duckett112106,0,465906.story?coll=orl-middayupdate-latestnews

bluebell1us

I watch her occasionally, sometimes like her and sometimes feel she is being a real B****.  First I heard of the story.  Wouldn't suprise me if she did do that, she can be real hard core.  Going to check it out.

underdog

I saw that interview and Nancy Grace all but accused her of murder and even though the lady said she wouldn't answer because her lawyer advised her not to, good ole Nancy Grace kept hammering her.

I truly hope this woman is innocent and Nancy Grace gets what she deserves.

jade2002

Nancy Grace did not cause this woman to commit suicide.Why the mother did this beats the heck out of me but theres this possibility that her son is alive.Instead of ending her life she should have been doing everything in her power to try and bring her son home alive.

underdog

Quote from: jade2002 on November 21, 2006, 11:11:09 AM
Nancy Grace did not cause this woman to commit suicide.Why the mother did this beats the heck out of me but theres this possibility that her son is alive.Instead of ending her life she should have been doing everything in her power to try and bring her son home alive.

You make a good point for normal people, but those that may be depressed or suffering from stress or some other mental problem don't think like normal people.  You can't just lump everybody as GUILTY until proven innocent and that's what Nancy Grace does.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview