This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Anyone Live in PA?

Started by Torn2pieces,

Previous topic - Next topic

Torn2pieces

I'm in the process of selling my house and moving to PA(right now I'm in "gasp" Kansas) I have drove through PA many times on my way to NY, but don't know much about areas and such.

My hubby was offered a very good paying job there a few weeks ago. Right now, I'm looking toward the Penn Hills town. I think its on the outskirts of Pittsburgh.

I'm hoping to go there soon and look into buying another house.

I'm asking for any information about areas that are good and bad. I would appreciate any information anyone can give me. 

CindyLouWho

I'm not in Pa but I'm 45 minutes from Philly but know nothing about Pittsburgh, sorry.  You can probably find lots of info on the net tho about what you want.  GL!!   ;::

S/H/Z/G

I am typing this in caps for emphasis!

DO NOT PURCHASE PROPERTY IN PENN HILLS!!!  IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN WHO WILL BE GOING TO SCHOOL, YOU DO NOT WANT THEM IN THE PENN HILLS SCHOOL DISTRICT!!!

It is a terrible area.  My husband works for a heating and air company in penn hills.  His job is great but we would never, ever, ever, ever move there.  If you are looking to stay close to penn hills I suggest Plum or Murrysville. 

A quick check on google will help you out with the demographics of any area.   O+O  Penn Hills is in Allegheny county.  There are many places in allegheny county that are ok to live in.  Penn Hills is NOT one of them.  You can also try areas, such as Murrysville, which is in Westmoreland county.  Murrysville is a lovely place to live with a superb school district...Franklin Regional School District. 

I hope you read this before you rent or purchase in Penn Hills. 

xx_mandy_xx

Quote from: S/H/Z/G on September 18, 2006, 10:36:26 AM
I am typing this in caps for emphasis!

DO NOT PURCHASE PROPERTY IN PENN HILLS!!!  IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN WHO WILL BE GOING TO SCHOOL, YOU DO NOT WANT THEM IN THE PENN HILLS SCHOOL DISTRICT!!!

It is a terrible area.  My husband works for a heating and air company in penn hills.  His job is great but we would never, ever, ever, ever move there.  If you are looking to stay close to penn hills I suggest Plum or Murrysville. 

A quick check on google will help you out with the demographics of any area.   O+O  Penn Hills is in Allegheny county.  There are many places in allegheny county that are ok to live in.  Penn Hills is NOT one of them.  You can also try areas, such as Murrysville, which is in Westmoreland county.  Murrysville is a lovely place to live with a superb school district...Franklin Regional School District. 

I hope you read this before you rent or purchase in Penn Hills. 

eek! i get the feeling you dont like penn hills lol

froggielover

hey..i'm in pa...  i live in lebanon... school system is  (O+O)  too.   

Torn2pieces

Thanks SHZG for the warning. Again, I know nothing about PA.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview