Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Eat a Roach and Be the First in Line

Started by xx_mandy_xx,

Previous topic - Next topic

xx_mandy_xx

GURNEE, Ill. - Why wait in line when you can just eat a cockroach? That's the question Six Flags Great America is asking its thrill seekers during its Halloween-themed FrightFest. The amusement park is daring customers to eat a live Madagascar hissing cockroach in exchange for unlimited line-jumping privileges.

The promotion, which has Lake County Health Department officials shaking their heads, starts Oct. 7.

Anyone who chows down the entire 2- to 3-inch horned cockroach gets a pass for four people to cut to the front of ride lines through Oct. 29.

Park officials insist it's safe to eat the crunchy critters, but health officials are cautioning participants.

Consuming live roaches might increase risks of gastrointestinal illness and allergies, according to Bill Mays, Lake County Health Department's community health director.

Cockroach eaters will have to sign waivers and still pay admission fees, said Six Flags spokesman James Taylor.

The bug buffet continues with a cooked roach eating contest Oct. 13 _ Friday, Oct. 13.

Taylor says he's hoping someone can beat the 2001 Guinness Book of World Records feat in which a British man downed 36 cockroaches.

"I've heard people say, 'Wow,' 'Ew,' a lot of one-worders," Taylor said. "A lot have said that they wouldn't eat a cockroach, but they sure would like to see someone else do it."

Ilovemyweims

xx_mandy_xx

Quote from: Ilovemyweims on September 22, 2006, 04:18:28 PM
NO THANKS!!  Ill wait in line!!

:))) thats what i said....ill make the boyfriend eat one lol  .w.

CanadianPrincess

Where's PETA when you need them?  I'm surprised that they aren't yipping about the inhumane treatment of eating roaches live.  On a purely personal note, THAT'S DISGUSTING!!!!!!

I don't think I would even go to the park that day when there are roaches all over.  I can handle just about anything except for roaches.  Snakes, spiders, whatever....roaches, no way!

Luna

nightperson

at are fall festy they have them as froze chocolate roaches and grasshopper

now ewwww no way

IndianLover

xx_mandy_xx

these arent JUST any roaches...they are the BIG ol madagascar hissing ones....UGH!

Mr. Rasputia

dollkrazee

xx_mandy_xx

gator8_24

Oh, but they taste and chew like crispy fried chicken!   :xx

CanadianPrincess

nightperson

Quote from: gator8 on September 23, 2006, 10:49:54 PM
Oh, but they taste and chew like crispy fried chicken!   :xx

:))) i can watch other people eat them, but not me :xx

Poohdog

tponka

nightperson

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview