PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:46:14 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Problem with pogo

Started by prism30,

Previous topic - Next topic

prism30

Explanation:
This error usually indicates one of the following; the applet has been corrupted in your cache, there's a bug in your browser or there's a bug in our applet.
How to Fix the Problem:
The most common cause of this error occurs when your copy of the applet is corrupted. So the first thing you should do is clear your browser's cache and see if this fixes the problem.
1.   Pull down the Tools menu and choose "Internet Options"
2.   Click on the General tab.
3.   Click on the Delete Files button in the "Temporary Internet Files" section and then click OK when the dialog box appears.
4.   Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
5.   Exit and relaunch Internet Explorer.
After clearing your cache, you need to quit and restart your browser. If you don't quit the browser, your cache will not be completely cleared out.
If this doesn't seem to solve your problem, try rebooting your computer.
If this does not fix the problem, you may have a caching proxy server between you and our web server. To see if this is the case, check the proxy setting for your browser. If there is a proxy server set, try turning it off. Then clear your cache again as described above, and quit and restart your browser to see if it fixes the problem.
If this does not fix the problem, your browser may not be installed properly. Try re-installing your browser.
You can also try doing what's known as a "Super-Reload". Shift-click the Reload button (option-click on the Mac). This may help fix the problem.
If these solutions still don't fix your problem, then you have probably encountered a bug in our applet or in the browser you are using. There is a good chance that upgrading your browser will fix the error. If that does not solve the issue, then it is probably a bug in our applet. Please let us know by going to Pogo Help.
The following error has occurred:
Unable to Connect to Server
Explanation:
In order to play, the Java applet must open a network connection to our servers. The applet was unable to open this connection. This could occur if you are trying to connect through your company's firewall. Other things that might cause this error are that our servers may be temporarily down or that one of our other systems is currently unavailable. This problem might also be caused by Internet connectivity problems.
How to Fix the Problem:
There may be the possibility that one or more of our servers are not running. We typically try to keep the server downtime for maintenance and upgrades to under 15 minutes, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
If you don't think that it's a server issue, then there are several things that could have gone wrong:
The server just started up and is still initializing.
Try playing the game again to see if you are able to connect.
There is a network problem that is preventing you from reaching the game server.
If you know how to use traceroute, you can try to find where the problem in the network is. Otherwise, you should try to play again later. Sometimes, major routing points have glitches in their systems that cause intermittent outages. If the problem persists for 24 hours, you should contact your network administrator or ISP for support.
You are located behind a firewall or proxy server.
If you are located behind a firewall or proxy server, you will not be able to play the game. The firewall/proxy is preventing the applet from connecting with the server (that is what the firewall is designed to do). This is typically what happens if you try to play from work. All you can do in this case is to play the game from an account that is not behind the firewall (for example, a home account instead of a work account).

these 2 problems keep coming up i have done all these things but they keep happing what can i do??

thanks

prism30

Tara

Are you saying that everytime you try to play a game this pops up?

prism30

yes it lets me play about 2 to 3 minutes then it goes to that screen

Tara

Did you clear you cookies and temp files?  Maybe you need to defrag?  I'd clean my computer up real good first then go from there.

prism30

nightperson

yup that what i do clean it all up and make it look pretty :))

prism30

thanks folks cery much, i have been playing pogo now almost a year and i never have had that problem, but it worked, thanks so very very much now i can go for the badges now , thanks very much.  8)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview