PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 09:06:57 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

What does your screen name mean?

Started by zeboo,

Previous topic - Next topic

PunkInDrublic

NOFX is my favorite punk rock band of all time. Punk in Drublic is one of their best albums  <..>

justahumping

mine came from Paul Newman in a movie that he was in with Stever McQueen................. I'm just-a-humping it boss

vasunlover

mine is the combo of mine and hubby's initials and the day we met! <3

Luna

mine is Itailian for "moon". Ive always been a night person and I love full moons.

Ilovemyweims

underdog

I'm humble and lovable like Underdog and when I'm needed I take my "Super Energy Vitamin Pill" (oh baby)  I always help my friends when they need me.

"When Polly's in trouble, I am not slow,
So it's hip! hip! hip! and away I go! "

tponka

My nickname (Tponka) was what Michael (my ex, and the only man I've ever loved) called me.  My real name is Tonya, and I am Russian.  (Well, my family came from Russia around the time of the Revolution..)  I never learned the language well, just enough conversational and phrases to get by when the "elders" came around during holidays.  I'm working on my PhD in mathematics, and one of the requirements is to pass a basic literacy test in Russian, German, or Italian, the three languages (besides English) in which the majority of math journals are originally published.  Obviously, I chose to learn Russian, so my mom got me a set of textbooks to learn the language on my own and gave them to me for Christmas.  When I opened the box, with Michael next to me, he looked at the title and asked what they were.  I said that they were Russian language books.  He read the title out loud, using English pronunciation of the Cyrillic letters as "ta-PONK-uh."  He then asked if that was my name written in Russian.  I explained to him that it was actually the word "troika," which is a common Russian cart pulled by horses. 
The word "troika," written in Cyrillic is spelled T P O backwards N K A.  So from then on, he called me Tponka, as my pet name.  And being a singer/songwriter/performer by hobby, he recorded a version of John Lennon's "Yoko Song," replacing the name Yoko with Tponka.

badgehog

jade2002

My daughters name is Jade and 2002 is the year she was born so thats how I got mine.

CindyLouWho

well since i tried a few other names but they were already taken, i settled for this 1 cause lot of people call me this sometimes anyway.  would liked to have had 1 that was shorter tho  :))

yall have some really neat names & i love how you came up with em!  O0

justahumping

Quote from: tponka on October 16, 2006, 11:28:19 PM
My nickname (Tponka) was what Michael (my ex, and the only man I've ever loved) called me.  My real name is Tonya, and I am Russian.  (Well, my family came from Russia around the time of the Revolution..)  I never learned the language well, just enough conversational and phrases to get by when the "elders" came around during holidays.  I'm working on my PhD in mathematics, and one of the requirements is to pass a basic literacy test in Russian, German, or Italian, the three languages (besides English) in which the majority of math journals are originally published.  Obviously, I chose to learn Russian, so my mom got me a set of textbooks to learn the language on my own and gave them to me for Christmas.  When I opened the box, with Michael next to me, he looked at the title and asked what they were.  I said that they were Russian language books.  He read the title out loud, using English pronunciation of the Cyrillic letters as "ta-PONK-uh."  He then asked if that was my name written in Russian.  I explained to him that it was actually the word "troika," which is a common Russian cart pulled by horses. 
The word "troika," written in Cyrillic is spelled T P O backwards N K A.  So from then on, he called me Tponka, as my pet name.  And being a singer/songwriter/performer by hobby, he recorded a version of John Lennon's "Yoko Song," replacing the name Yoko with Tponka.
That is a very sweet story!  Thanks for sharing it with us

tponka

Thanks, just.. I've been tempted to drop it (like he dropped me) and just use my own name here, but I'm just too sentimental.  Besides, it's original.  :)

gator8_24

and for Dale Jr's car number.  Live in FL and the Gators are fav. college teams  ++ ++

ĴĐ

Well mine isn't as interesting as some of yours (sorry Homer I knew you were just a huge fan of Homer Simpson). All JD stands for is my name.

TmT

Quote from: crazy_ on October 15, 2006, 06:44:36 AM
lol mine is self explanitory  :))
uh...dont sale yaself short, Crazy.... u may need to write a book explainin why u so crazy.......lmao

Tokens... self explanatory... all I want tokens tokens tokens... thankz to Shady... I change it when my interest became makin sig/tags.... and found out... I can master PSP again......

sjhwhatever

I find myself saying *whatever* alot......Hince the name...SJH are my initials   <.>

fiz

I wanted a short, sweet, and to the point nickname. So I chose fiz...it isn't my initials, just wanted something short!

MikesGurl

my hubbys name is Mike, and he calls me his girl, hence MikesGurl. I know it is kinda dumb to use hubby/wife names in ur screename, but he is my soulmate and that will never change.

zafontso

Mine comes from the first, middle and last part of my name

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview