PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:36:10 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I love my vet

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

For those of you with fur babies you know the value a good vet has. Yesterday my baby    a 11 yr old black lab named Miss Abie had to have surgery on a hemotoma on her ear. When I went to pick her up the vet went over the whole thing and made sure I understood what had happened and what I needed to do for aftercare. But the best thing is as we where leaving he knelt down and gave her a kiss on the nose telling her to take care and call if he was needed   You gotta love a vet that shows his love for animals. My husband didnt take it quite as well when he went to bed alone and I slept downstairs with my baby. 

tponka

Our vet is awesome too.. I guess you just have to have a special kind of love to be a vet.  Being a first-time puppy mommy, I have had so many questions on the several times we've had to visit, and have called countless times.  The vet always takes the question calls herself, and is soooo patient and kind when dealing with all of us.  When Silas and Sophie each had their surgeries (not at the same time), the vet called several times during the 24 hrs each was there, just to update me on how they were doing.  It's very obvious that she loves what she does, and chose her career for the love of animals, rather than for the money.  :)

nightperson

I love mine vet to being going to her for 28 yrs will never go to know one else she is great with all animals she has been there when i had to put 3 of my babies down and my mother-in-laws dog was a very sad thing i dont like doing it but i have to be there to say my farewells not good bye so my  :/\ off to all vet they say live and they cry when they have to put them down theyare great people

yoshisquest

Yogi, my dog, who recently turned 6 months, acts very much like a toddler.  My vet has been awesome!  Her hubby is a people docter, and they have 2 black labs themselves.  I've called her a million times since I first got Yogi at 9 weeks old.  She always has treats for the dogs, and has always been friendly.  Every time we go and see her, she scratches Yogi behind the year and he just goes nuts and melts all over the table.

I love the 2 signs she has hanging in her office.  If our beloved pets don't go to heaven when they die, then when I die I want to go where they go.  Why? Because heaven would be a pretty sad place without them.  The other sign she has hanging up in her reception area says No need to worry if your beloved made it to heaven or not.  They not only made it but will always have a place beside God.  Why am I so very certain of this?  Because the only creatures God has ever thrown out of heaven have been Human.

underdog

"I love my vet."

When I read that, I thought you purchased a new corvet.    ::)

Stinkerbell

I guess I'm pretty blessed too. Same vet for 20 years, just an awesome lady.  A few years ago, just a couple months after having to have my Boxer angel put to sleep, we got another dog for my kids.  We took her to the vet right away to get a well puppy check and she was so good with the dog and my kids.  She talked directly to them about the importance of taking good care of a puppy and emphasized that they are not a toy, but a member of our family.  When she was done with the exam, she asked the kids to wait in the waiting room.  When they were gone, she came over, put her arm around me and said that I had done the right thing by letting the kids have another dog and she went over the many reasons.
I was so impressed with her sensitivity to not only the kids, but to me as well.

She'll be seeing us again soon because a very dear friend is giving me a Bichon Frise puppy next week!  Oooh La La!!   :D  <..>

Jonathan

we have an awesome vet here too but i cant believe some of the prices...when my dam had to have a c-section it was almost 3k  ::)

yoshisquest

we purchase pet insurance thourgh our vet, and it works pretty much the same as people insurance, but a bit costlier.  It is worth it though in case Yogi needs major surgery.

harley89

It is real nice to know that good loving vets are every where.  Miss Abie my lab will go back in 2 weeks for bandage removal and stitch removal. The vet already told me that it will be painful so he is going to put under so she wont feel anything. And best news he isnt charging me extra to do it that way. 

Ilovemyweims

I love my vet also!!  And i swear by the pet insurance, Its really saved us this year we have spent over 5000 on just one of our 3 dogs this year!!

nightperson

i wish i knew bout the insurance i would have gotten some on boo but to late I have over $7000.00 in ours but you know what i would spend another $7000.00 on him he is my baby and he is what i call the priceless baby

kntryrebel

i have a cat and a dog and are vet is great they board and groom and the vet is so nice. We adopt are pets from the shelter here the human society and are pets come with a free month of insurance and then we can extend it havnt done it yet but looking into it. We got are puppy who is a wiener dog and she had puppy flu and kennel cough are vet caught it right away and its only 80 bucks for the dog and neutering and all that and all her shots are paid for all we gotta do is take tara to get her boosters so we are blessed now when she has accidents on the floor its a diff story lol i hate that

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview